ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek needs FB games

I don't think they go back to Dillon. Think MC staff saw extremely questionable officiating.
When you have questionable officiating like the coach in Remember The Titans said you leave no doubt on the field run it up coach.

NEW BERN NEW BERN but everybody KNOWS that WON'T TRAVEL. WHEN THEY DO THEY GET 'KNOCK OUT' and won't come back.

Well look at all the high schools that play the private schools teams in basketball like Oak Hill Academy,High Point Central,Word Of God, etc. it's the same still high school kids the coaches just got to coach better and practice their players harder when they play a team like IMG. They are not unbeatable. Thanks.

Big difference from playing elite teams in basketball vs Football. A regular High School team playing IMG, with over 25 FBS players on the roster. You risk having a lot of injuries. Basketball you just get blown off the court.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Well look at all the high schools that play the private schools teams in basketball like Oak Hill Academy,High Point Central,Word Of God, etc. it's the same still high school kids the coaches just got to coach better and practice their players harder when they play a team like IMG. They are not unbeatable. Thanks.

No, they're not unbeatable. They just have a less likely chance of losing than anyone else because of recruiting practices that span the entire nation. I don't agree with the way basketball factories do it either, by the way. And nepsey is correct, in football there is far more of an injury problem, especially when it comes to bigger and stronger athletes across the board at all 11-22 positions, including depth. For the record, I disagree with open enrollment like forsyth county has as well. But cool story bro, you should direct Facing the Giants 2, based on a true story.

If the public league teams would have refused to play the Oak hill's of the world 25 years ago HS basketball wouldnt be in the shape it is today.

IMG is grossly overrated. I think 15 Gorman, 2013 Miami Central would had handle them. Dont let the number of D1 players on their team fool you. They are very beatable. Give me a team with Mallard Creek's talent and Tommy Knotts as coach and IMG would ran off the field

Big difference from playing elite teams in basketball vs Football. A regular High School team playing IMG, with over 25 FBS players on the roster. You risk having a lot of injuries. Basketball you just get blown off the court.
Injuries also occur in basketball and if you no all season that you are going to play IMG you get your team in top condition both mental and physically for the challenge sure they are going to have some good players but you can't have your team be afraid of another team because of their name because also a lot of the four and five star guys are over rated anyway just like some of those guys that get drafted to NFL in the first of second round most of them are over rated and might last three years top in the league on the same team. You can't judge what inside a kid heart. Let the kids have that opportunity because injuries are going to happen anyway in football plus I bet most of the kids would love the chance to play a IMG of a De Lasalle, Booker T. Washington of Florida etc. it's a once in a life time for them something they would always remember and talk about at reunions etc.. Later. Have No Fear:

Injuries also occur in basketball and if you no all season that you are going to play IMG you get your team in top condition both mental and physically for the challenge sure they are going to have some good players but you can't have your team be afraid of another team because of their name because also a lot of the four and five star guys are over rated anyway just like some of those guys that get drafted to NFL in the first of second round most of them are over rated and might last three years top in the league on the same team. You can't judge what inside a kid heart. Let the kids have that opportunity because injuries are going to happen anyway in football plus I bet most of the kids would love the chance to play a IMG of a De Lasalle, Booker T. Washington of Florida etc. it's a once in a life time for them something they would always remember and talk about at reunions etc.. Later. Have No Fear:

Seriously? Speaks volumes of how much you know, when you try and compare Football injuries to basketball...lol Nobody said anything about being afraid. You said that! Heart also has nothing to do with a 6' 200 OL trying to block @ 6'6" 325 lb elite DL. or a 5'10" 165lb cb, trying to cover a 6'3" 225 lb elite wr. 99.9 % of the time they're going to loose. I'm talking about the entire Team. Not individuals. Horrible match ups, collectively. There are a lot of public & private school programs that will give IMG a challenge. If they want to schedule IMG? Let them. I also understand from the administrators side, of the risk putting some of these teams out there to be smashed by an All Star Team, because some tough guy who sits in the stands wants to see the game. A lot of kids also believe they have FBS talent,but we both know, that's not true. So your point of most kids wanting to play IMG, is extremely weak. I had a kid tell me, he could cover Julio Jones. He was 5'8 & 165. Do you put him in the game because he wants to? NOPE!

Last edited:
Its real simple. IMG, Gorman, Aquinas don't play by anything even close to the same rules as anyone else. Not only do they have open recruiting and financial aid for their players but they recruit regionally if not nationally in the case of IMG.

I don't have any issue with what they do but 99% of the high schools have no business playing them. Watched Gorman play Cedar Hill , TX last year. Cedar Hill is an elite program. It wasn't even close. Gorman rolled up 500+ yards. Same thing when IMG took on Grayson and Grayson was stacked with Atlanta metro kids.

Its really silly to even entertain..... Mallard Creek might as well put APP State on their schedule if they are gonna play IMG or Gorman and no.....heart has nothing to do with it.

I still believes its more about coaching. Elite players dont make elite teams. Elite coaching can make good become great and great become elite. I seen IMG in Norfolk last year. They're good. But i wasnt overly impressed. Play calling costed the home team which had already lost a few games. Maybe my expectations for IMG is too high but they're not as powerful as some of you make them seem

I still believes its more about coaching. Elite players dont make elite teams. Elite coaching can make good become great and great become elite. I seen IMG in Norfolk last year. They're good. But i wasnt overly impressed. Play calling costed the home team which had already lost a few games. Maybe my expectations for IMG is too high but they're not as powerful as some of you make them seem
You're right 24. Grayson gave them a run, but ran out of gas.

Last edited:
One problem with IMG is many of the players are seniors when they get there not allowing a lot of time to jell. IMG is basically a football factory (or whichever sport the student plays) with players from California, Texas, and other states. Bo Scarborough, the Alabama RB, transferred to IMG for his senior season. The just had two big timers from California go there.

Not sure if the rule was changed for the 2015-16 school year (it was put in as preparation year but not sure if fully ratified) but Florida age rules are more lax than all other states. You can play in a game until you turn 19 years and 9 months. In all other states you cannot play if you turn 19 before September 1 or August 1. Basically the players can be a year older than in most states. That is huge at that age.

Last edited:
NEW BERN NEW BERN but everybody KNOWS that WON'T TRAVEL. WHEN THEY DO THEY GET 'KNOCK OUT' and won't come back.

Lol. They've traveled to Chapel Hill, Winston Salem and Raleigh a total of 6 times since 2002 for State Championship games. Does that count?

We go to Durham every other year to play Hillside, Laney took us off their schedule and all our conference games are about an hour away. Shut your mouth.

I just think IMG isn't as great as ppl think. I remember being in middle school and watching Chris Leak teams punish ppl. No I do not believe this years IMG team nor last year team could beat Leak's junior and senior teams. Ppl forget about 1 key component in football. Chemistry!! IMG is good but their chemistry is dull. I hope someone beats them soon to show their not as great as your think

I just think IMG isn't as great as ppl think. I remember being in middle school and watching Chris Leak teams punish ppl. No I do not believe this years IMG team nor last year team could beat Leak's junior and senior teams. Ppl forget about 1 key component in football. Chemistry!! IMG is good but their chemistry is dull. I hope someone beats them soon to show their not as great as your think

They already lost! They lost to American Heritage 19-7 in 2015

I do not want any team to play IMG. By playing them you are only helping create the monster and the ones that will follow. Players from across the country living in housing. Coming in for one season.

Grayson won the GA big school title. They had two close games winning by three points including the state title game in OT. They lost their first game to IMG 26-7. Note that Grayson was loaded up with D1 players some of which turned up for their senior season, one headed to Michigan that is already back at the school he came from.

St Francis out of Maryland beat South Pointe 28-23 but lost at IMG 38-0. St Francis barely beat Bishop Sullivan from VA Beach which only lost to IMG 16-6.

IMG had one really tight game point spread wise beating Centennial 50-59. Centennial lost in the California state title game to St John Bosco 49-47. (That was a great game!!!)

IMG can be beaten but it needs be a strong team that is clicking. My thought is get them early and be able to grind them.

Lol. They've traveled to Chapel Hill, Winston Salem and Raleigh a total of 6 times since 2002 for State Championship games. Does that count?

We go to Durham every other year to play Hillside, Laney took us off their schedule and all our conference games are about an hour away. Shut your mouth.
DA only reason u went out of town u had no choice, u had 2 play for da GOLD, i'm saying schedule some non conference game out of town like everyone else, get da small booster football club 2 raise some travel money, r did that so called cpa accounted take da money.

DA only reason u went out of town u had no choice, u had 2 play for da GOLD, i'm saying schedule some non conference game out of town like everyone else, get da small booster football club 2 raise some travel money, r did that so called cpa accounted take da money.

Won a lot of da games, too. West Craven and Havelock bring da gate money to pay da bills. New Bern travels to Durham every other year and will be traveling to Wilson as well starting this year. Delete da account.

r yall 2a, 3a, because most 2a and 3a school play more 4a schools than da BEARS, and i know yall r 4a , but u make da rest of 4a schools look BAD. COME BACK NOW U HEAR.

r yall 2a, 3a, because most 2a and 3a school play more 4a schools than da BEARS, and i know yall r 4a , but u make da rest of 4a schools look BAD. COME BACK NOW U HEAR.

Closest 4A school out of our conference is how far away, tho? da BEARS are 3-0 in their last 3 State Title games playing 1 4AA school and two 4A schools. Those 3 titles the past 9 years sure makes 4A schools like real BAD. how bout DAT, granny.

Seriously? Speaks volumes of how much you know, when you try and compare Football injuries to basketball...lol Nobody said anything about being afraid. You said that! Heart also has nothing to do with a 6' 200 OL trying to block @ 6'6" 325 lb elite DL. or a 5'10" 165lb cb, trying to cover a 6'3" 225 lb elite wr. 99.9 % of the time they're going to loose. I'm talking about the entire Team. Not individuals. Horrible match ups, collectively. There are a lot of public & private school programs that will give IMG a challenge. If they want to schedule IMG? Let them. I also understand from the administrators side, of the risk putting some of these teams out there to be smashed by an All Star Team, because some tough guy who sits in the stands wants to see the game. A lot of kids also believe they have FBS talent,but we both know, that's not true. So your point of most kids wanting to play IMG, is extremely weak. I had a kid tell me, he could cover Julio Jones. He was 5'8 & 165. Do you put him in the game because he wants to? NOPE!
Let the kid s play football and stop worrying about injuries because that's part of the game what's you going to do if you had to defend yourself against someone larger than you, run no you stay and fight. I don't know about you and the type of coach you had but we weren't coached to fear an opponent bigger than us nor a larger school. Football is you block and you tackle the other guy mano/mano that's how we played the game.

Let the kid s play football and stop worrying about injuries because that's part of the game what's you going to do if you had to defend yourself against someone larger than you, run no you stay and fight. I don't know about you and the type of coach you had but we weren't coached to fear an opponent bigger than us nor a larger school. Football is you block and you tackle the other guy mano/mano that's how we played the game.

Remember the year when Alabama played that Division 3 school? :) Nope! You ever wonder why?

Go to your tailgate and make sure you wear your Letterman's jacket, and tell those fish stories about how tough you were on the co-ed team, to someone else.

Its really silly to even entertain..... Mallard Creek might as well put APP State on their schedule if they are gonna play IMG or Gorman and no.....heart has nothing to do with it.

We did....ok, ok, it wasn't App State...but it was the NC State Freshman team (and yes, the games were ugly).

Remember the year when Alabama played that Division 3 school? :) Nope! You ever wonder why?

Go to your tailgate and make sure you wear your Letterman's jacket, and tell those fish stories about how tough you were on the co-ed team, to someone else.
What team were you on it sound more to me that was your team since you know so much about it. Let the kid have fun and play "the game the way Rudy played it with the size he had because he loved the game and had more heart than anyone else. How many days did you scrimmage when you played or coach?

I do not want any team to play IMG. By playing them you are only helping create the monster and the ones that will follow. Players from across the country living in housing. Coming in for one season.

Grayson won the GA big school title. They had two close games winning by three points including the state title game in OT. They lost their first game to IMG 26-7. Note that Grayson was loaded up with D1 players some of which turned up for their senior season, one headed to Michigan that is already back at the school he came from.

St Francis out of Maryland beat South Pointe 28-23 but lost at IMG 38-0. St Francis barely beat Bishop Sullivan from VA Beach which only lost to IMG 16-6.

IMG had one really tight game point spread wise beating Centennial 50-59. Centennial lost in the California state title game to St John Bosco 49-47. (That was a great game!!!)

IMG can be beaten but it needs be a strong team that is clicking. My thought is get them early and be able to grind them.
Northeastern had Bishop Sullivan in their jamboree in 2016 and gave them hell. Yet IMG beat them 16-6 the last game of the season. Edenton/Holmes suppose to have them in their jamboree this year also.

Creek coach stated that his schedule is completed for 2017. Was that incorrect?
YES!

C3HlotFXAAM_heL.jpg

Yes!
What team were you on it sound more to me that was your team since you know so much about it. Let the kid have fun and play "the game the way Rudy played it with the size he had because he loved the game and had more heart than anyone else. How many days did you scrimmage when you played or coach?

My man! No you didn't just use the fabricated Rudy movie as a reference of having heart? Lmao!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT