ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek needs a week 5 opponent

Interesting comment on that palmetto board....

"The West Charlotte game is finally an entry to the Charlotte realm for the Indians, but a 1 year contract game... the plan is to return back to playing a Cleveland County team for 2017 probably Crest or Shelby.. I wish we'd stay in Charlotte, we've played Shelby and Crest enough over the years... IMO... the traditional end of season game against Spartanburg is back for the first season of 5A play."

Why would Gaffney, the best all time program out of SC, want to return back to playing a CleCo team? A 5A playing a 2A? That must be one good 2A program and two stout CleCo teams. "We've played them enough over the years..." Shelby is afraid of playing who?

Interesting that MC fans talk of Dillon being such a stout 2A team. Their program has been great over the last several years but pales in comparison to what Shelby has done over its history. The only reason you MC fans talk about Dillon being so "great" is because they are on your schedule. If they weren't on your schedule you'd say that were little boys. Maybe one day we'll be on the great and powerful MC schedule.....hopefully before their flavor (of the month) runs out!

98 Not because their on the schedule, but they will play anybody including the top teams in South Carolina. If any of them would step up

I would love to see Shelby play Dillon. I have no clue who would win.

They are continuing to reach out all over the northeast and southeast. So far no takers including Don Bosco.......

MC not willing to travel?? That's what others are starting to say. This true?

MC on the road at Dillon, Southpointe and Butler in the non-conf. As of right now they only have one home game and that is Butler. Yes...week 5 needs to be a home gate

I would expect for the right amount of money they will travel. They have to cover expenses first but they need to make some money because it looks like they only have four home games. A lot of the top programs pull big crowds and can pay a nice sum to teams to come challenge them or take a whipping. MC is not going to net what Colquitt is for a big game played at home.

Why is Dillon an away game?? They should be getting at least half of that gate. Heard some schools want to play them but only if MC comes to them. How much is they looking for in travel expenses?

Coach Palmieiri basically told me last week if they couldn't find a home game that they would just be open.

Interesting comment on that palmetto board....

"The West Charlotte game is finally an entry to the Charlotte realm for the Indians, but a 1 year contract game... the plan is to return back to playing a Cleveland County team for 2017 probably Crest or Shelby.. I wish we'd stay in Charlotte, we've played Shelby and Crest enough over the years... IMO... the traditional end of season game against Spartanburg is back for the first season of 5A play."

Why would Gaffney, the best all time program out of SC, want to return back to playing a CleCo team? A 5A playing a 2A? That must be one good 2A program and two stout CleCo teams. "We've played them enough over the years..." Shelby is afraid of playing who?

Interesting that MC fans talk of Dillon being such a stout 2A team. Their program has been great over the last several years but pales in comparison to what Shelby has done over its history. The only reason you MC fans talk about Dillon being so "great" is because they are on your schedule. If they weren't on your schedule you'd say that were little boys. Maybe one day we'll be on the great and powerful MC schedule.....hopefully before their flavor (of the month) runs out!
Could it be that Dillon is 37-0 & won 4 straight state titles. They also have a large following,the gate would be good.They also have beaten Richmond Co. during their premiere run.Shelby may be a good 2A program but Dillon is not the typical 2A now 3A program. 4A schools from SC won't schedule them for fear of embarrassment. Thank goodness that QB Avery McCall is gone.I have heard they lost a ton to graduation.Mallard Creek could blow them out as the Ducks thought would happen back in 2013,but Dillon does have a reputation of reloading.Should be a great game to start the season.

I agree that some of the larger schools see a no win situation in playing Dillon, even if they beat them. One big issue in SC has been the points system for playoff seeding in SC. If a 4A team beat the best 3A team they received less power points than if they would have beat the worst 4A squad.

Dillon is and has been for real for a very long time. The coach does a great job and they have some athletes. One of the great football players from the area was Rufus R Jones, aka "The Freight Train."

Could it be that Dillon is 37-0 & won 4 straight state titles. Thank goodness that QB Avery McCall is gone.I have heard they lost a ton to graduation. Mallard Creek could blow them out....

Whoa whoa whoa.....nepsy you didn't share this info with us!!! So Dillon's premier QB that has started and won them 4 straight state titles is gone now? AND Dillon has lost a ton to graduation? This is huge. Yes, in high school football, one player can make that big of an impact! You beat your chest over scheduling a "power" 2A (now 3A) school when they are going to be down?!?!?!? Why didn't MC play them during his JR or SR years there...when they were on this winning streak? Why not schedule them once over the last 2 years? This changes EVERYTHING!! You chose to leave this info out nepsy....I'm disappointed in you!

Whoa whoa whoa.....nepsy you didn't share this info with us!!! So Dillon's premier QB that has started and won them 4 straight state titles is gone now? AND Dillon has lost a ton to graduation? This is huge. Yes, in high school football, one player can make that big of an impact! You beat your chest over scheduling a "power" 2A (now 3A) school when they are going to be down?!?!?!? Why didn't MC play them during his JR or SR years there...when they were on this winning streak? Why not schedule them once over the last 2 years? This changes EVERYTHING!! You chose to leave this info out nepsy....I'm disappointed in you!

Just throwing this out there, week 5 is still open if you want to step up and play them. You say Shelby has all these great players, so why not schedule the best team in the state while you're "up" or "on the rise". I don't think Mallard Creek would step down from any challenge. They've tried to schedule teams that are a lot better than Dillon, so you're argument is invalid. They're just trying to get some good teams on the OOC schedule that aren't afraid to play them. Plus, the last two years it seems like their OOC schedule was full, so this probably a reason they did not schedule Dillon.

Mallard Creek in fact did try to schedule a 2 year contract but Dillon declined because of schedule commitments that they had the last two years. They had an opening this year and even though McCall is gone they made the game happen which says volumes about the rest of the SC & NC schools who are hiding.... Programs like Dillon reload and are not one hit wonders so whoever is the QB I am sure the kid has been waiting his turn to shine. MC still has week 5 open as previously stated so if you have influence which based on your comments you probably do not they will listen..

Mallard Creek in fact did try to schedule a 2 year contract but Dillon declined because of schedule commitments that they had the last two years. They had an opening this year and even though McCall is gone they made the game happen which says volumes about the rest of the SC & NC schools who are hiding.... Programs like Dillon reload and are not one hit wonders so whoever is the QB I am sure the kid has been waiting his turn to shine. MC still has week 5 open as previously stated so if you have influence which based on your comments you probably do not they will listen..
But is Dillons schedule already filled?

Mallard Creek tried to do a game or two year deal with Dillon for 2014 and 2015. MC was open to a home game or home and home at that time if I remember correctly. Do not know why it did not work out. Think about this, MC went to Byrnes last year for a return this season. I do believe it is fair to say that if they are signing that deal they would have did Dillon if available. If MC would have signed Dillon instead of Byrnes everyone would have complained and called them and rightly so.

When is Week 5 in North Carolina?

Belfry (KY) needs a game and can either play October 14th/15th or August 19th or 20th. A team dropped out of their District at the last minute and essentially every KY team is in the middle of their contracts or in DIstrict play when that game is open.

Belfry is the 3X Defending KY 3A State Champs. They finished ranked in the Top 300 on Maxpreps and return 9 starters each way including three kids who already have multiple FBS Offers.

I think week five is the middle of September. I think it is the 16th but may be the 9th. The dates for the Kentucky team do not work. That would not be a bad trip. Probably six hours on the KY and West Virginia line.

It is looking like a ten game schedule for MC. How is their JV schedule looking for non conference?

JV

Nothing to share with you. Dillon is a program. They're not a one hit wonder. They were winning Championships long before Avery McCall arrived. MC made attempts to invite them to Charlotte the following year. Didn't happen. You need to ask Dillon about that? When your programs has discussions with IMG, Dematha and and programs like Don Bosco . No one can ever put them in the category of playing a team because their allegedly down.

You've been on this board long enough to know the efforts MC has put into playing top programs. You're just having fun. 98 you're probably the only one on this board who didn't know the QB can't play over 4 years of High School Football unless you live in Florida....lmao! I keep telling you that you need to get out more.

I think week five is the middle of September. I think it is the 16th but may be the 9th. The dates for the Kentucky team do not work. That would not be a bad trip. Probably six hours on the KY and West Virginia line.

It is looking like a ten game schedule for MC. How is their JV schedule looking for non conference?

JV team is looking for games week 3 & 5

Nothing to share with you. Dillon is a program. They're not a one hit wonder. They were winning Championships long before Avery McCall arrived.

Let's check the facts.
1947 State Champs.
SIXTY YEARS LATER
2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 State Champs (the last four with McCall starting).
That's it. All of them.
Hmmmm.
How do you define a one hit wonder?
What were they doing in Dillon from 1948 to 2007?

Let's check the facts.
1947 State Champs.
SIXTY YEARS LATER
2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 State Champs (the last four with McCall starting).
That's it. All of them.
Hmmmm.
that's a good record but my belief is that DI'll on has been doing it with the small-town boys. Some of these other schools have like three four five counties to put one team together

Not very fair

Let's check the facts.
1947 State Champs.
SIXTY YEARS LATER
That's it. All of them.
Hmmmm.

Does it really matter? I don't care what they were doing. It's all about what have you done lately. You should know by now i really don't care what was going on when DISCO was out.........Stop trying to create something that's not there. Move on!

98 champion,

The Mallard Creek JV squad is looking for a week 5 game. Maybe you could get the most dominant team in the history of football interested in that game. They are better than 75% of your current schedule.

Does it really matter? I don't care what they were doing. It's all about what have you done lately. You should know by now i really don't care what was going on when DISCO was out.........Stop trying to create something that's not there. Move on!

We're both current North Carolina 3-peat state champions...lately. Guess we're even.

FHZcCij.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT