Independence backed out!

Dillon
Butler
Byrnes
Dematha: ?????? Not a Lock
Independence: Chicken!

Caf_lWeXEAA2ehA.jpg

PLEASE SCHEDULE US! WE NEED GAMES!

I heard week 4 Dematha is almost a done deal. Who are they looking at for week 5? National? Local? Regional?

I heard week 4 Dematha is almost a done deal. Who are they looking at for week 5? National? Local? Regional?

No teams in NC called, so it will most likely be out of state or a by week. Dematha is still 50/50 chance.

Last edited:
Cool. Its alot of schools in the Tidewater atea looking for games too. Im sure they wouldn't mind playing in Charlotte, also alot of schools in GA may be interested

Cool. Its alot of schools in the Tidewater atea looking for games too. Im sure they wouldn't mind playing in Charlotte, also alot of schools in GA may be interested

Would prefer local game. Out of state games are cutting into the JV schedule and limiting the amount of games they play this year.

MC was told by two 2015 state champs that they were not interested in exploring a potential game.

MC was told by two 2015 state champs that they were not interested in exploring a potential game.
I sure hope one of the chickens was NOT Crest (although, unlike their clueless fans, I have a feeling about that...).

You know, Butler would like to get off the MC regular season schedule so that the two schools can get some epic, season-long playoff matchup hypes going...but at the rate that the rest of the state is currently hiding under the bed, it's not looking good for that ever happening. We're going to end up having to play each other twice during each regular season the way things are going.

Sad everyone is running away from the Creek. Hope they can get someone. Who's expecting to take over at qb?

I sure hope one of the chickens was NOT Crest (although, unlike their clueless fans, I have a feeling about that...).

You know, Butler would like to get off the MC regular season schedule so that the two schools can get some epic, season-long playoff matchup hypes going...but at the rate that the rest of the state is currently hiding under the bed, it's not looking good for that ever happening. We're going to end up having to play each other twice during each regular season the way things are going.

I agree. I would prefer to see the MC vs Butler in the playoffs only. Yep one of the teams was Crest. They only schedule Teams they know they can beat. :) About 6 kids competing for the QB spot. Some of the kids are not local guys.

I would prefer for my QB to be a guy who has been in the system. I would be willing to go young and build with him. The O line, receivers, and RB that return will make it easy for the QB to grow. Would like to see them use the back more in the passing scheme for the dump off, wheel, or some forms of screen.

I would prefer for my QB to be a guy who has been in the system. I would be willing to go young and build with him. The O line, receivers, and RB that return will make it easy for the QB to grow. Would like to see them use the back more in the passing scheme for the dump off, wheel, or some forms of screen.

That could very well be the case. I think the reality of the Mallard Creek situation in year 9 is that when a guy like LJ graduates your gonna have some heavy competition both inside and outside of the program for the QB1 spot. Someone inside the system is going to have a decided advantage but I think its pretty clear that there are a lot of super talented QB's and maybe more importantly those QB's parents that are going to be jockeying for the keys to the Benz.

You get to operate behind one of the best Oline's in the nation have at least one 4star wide out to throw it to and get the opportunity to play one of the best schedules in the southeast.

Its a coveted spot and those that have their eyes on it better be ready to compete at a high level.

1.Dillon,SC: 14-0 last year State Champs
2.Butler: 10-3 last year, 2 of their losses MC, 3rd loss 8 starters didn't play
3.Brynes,SC: 12-2 #3 team in SC
4.Dematha, MD: #1 Team in Maryland, Ranked #5 Nationally State Champs.
5.South Pointe, SC:14-1 State Champs.

If this schedules is locked. Toughest out of conference schedule in State History.

Last edited:

If this schedules is locked. Toughest out of conference schedule in State History.

Will depend on how they fare through the season but I would agree that it is without a doubt the toughest one we have seen. There is not a single average team "give me" in that group. All studs.

I bet Coach P got everyone attention in drills and practice now. Wow. Kudos to MC and coach P

Nepsy, why didn't Dillon decide to travel to Charlotte? I was looking forward to the trip!

Nepsy, why didn't Dillon decide to travel to Charlotte? I was looking forward to the trip!

Regardless of Class. Dillon is one of the top programs in South Carolina. For all the people who ridicule Mallard Creek for playing a 2A program. Please schedule them and see how it works out for you. You don't see any elite programs in SC lining up to play them. They use the point systems as an excuse. Mallard Creek is playing Dillon at home because they are straight up ballers and their fans show up 10k deep at home. Coach Palmieiri loves challenging his team and putting them in a hostile environment. The Dillon game fans at their house 3 years ago, made the Brynes fans look like a Middle School crowd. That's why The Creek is playing Dillon at Home.

Regardless of Class. Dillon is one of the top programs in South Carolina. For all the people who ridicule Mallard Creek for playing a 2A program. Please schedule them and see how it works out for you. You don't see any elite programs in SC lining up to play them. They use the point systems as an excuse. Mallard Creek is playing Dillon at home because they are straight up ballers and their fans show up 10k deep at home. Coach Palmieiri loves challenging his team and putting them in a hostile environment. The Dillon game fans at their house 3 years ago, made the Brynes fans look like a Middle School crowd. That's why The Creek is playing Dillon at Home.
I agree, I was at the game.I was just curious because in the earlier post someone mentioned that Dillon was coming to Charlotte.

Well at least we"ll be a 3A team this time around

DeMatha and Butler on campus at MC? Byrnes needs to be at Memorial.

I upset a Brynes guy because i said your crowd was bigger. I attended both games. It was not even close to the amount of fans, when comparing the two. Byrnes side was not full to capacity. Not a big crowd at all. When it started raining it was closer to empty.

What type of Offense Dematha run? Seems like all thosr DC/Maryland teams are run heavy teams. Not good when facing MC

I know its early but i see the Dematha game as another blowout. 35-10 type score

I know its early but i see the Dematha game as another blowout. 35-10 type score

Dematha isn't Mcdonogh. Stacked team recruiting from several states. As much if not more BCS talent than MC. Very talented. Doubt it would be a blowout unless we had multiple turnovers from one of the squads

Just dont see no team running on MC. Also their competition is definitely not on par with MC. I seen some clicks and came away alil disappointed. I guess time will tell

Just dont see no team running on MC. Also their competition is definitely not on par with MC. I seen some clicks and came away alil disappointed. I guess time will tell

Good Counsel, Gonzaga, Miami Central, American Heritage all very good programs and nationally ranked at one time or another in the past 5 years.

MC defensively should be special next year but Dematha is the real deal. Huge game

Disagree. Until you start playing up in competition you can't make that claim. You'd have to play a D3 school or play a Texas 6A school with a thousand more students than you. Then you could claim that. Otherwise, any 1A-3A school that plays a 4A school plays a tougher schedule. They may not play the big names....but at least they're playing up.

Disagree. Until you start playing up in competition you can't make that claim. You'd have to play a D3 school or play a Texas 6A school with a thousand more students than you. Then you could claim that. Otherwise, any 1A-3A school that plays a 4A school plays a tougher schedule. They may not play the big names....but at least they're playing up.

You disagreeing is like a 4 year old saying he can fly like superman. The only difference is the 4 year old has more credibility.

Reactions: footballstar_17

What is Shelby doing week 5?

Reactions: footballstar_17
Mallard Creek is on another level. Seriously if they go undefeated next year, what's the chances they are ranked #1 nationally?

Dillon game does nothing for them nationally. Will depend a lot on how Byrnes and DeMatha perform unless MC just blows their doors off and I do not expect that.

One thing that hurts MC for a national number one next year is this season and more specifically the Byrnes game and how Byrnes ended up. To be a top couple of teams in the nation in the polls a lot has to fall into place.

Tango, do you see Mallard Creek playing elite schools on an annual basis? Do you see them being invite to some of these elite showcases?

The problem with showcases the majority of them are on ESPN. Which i believe NC schools are restricted from playing? IMG, Florida called Mallard Creek for games but finances dealing with travel stop the game from happening. Last years team pre-season ranking was #8 Nationally. If they would have went undefeated, i believe they finish # 5.National ranking only gives you exposure. Which i will take all day. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scots_nation
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT