ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek/Georgia High School:

hornet62

May 11, 2010
If Mallard Creek is looking for a game for the 5th week there are a lot of high school in the Atlanta Metro Area that would be glad to accommodate them. Charlotte is only 3-4 hours away plus since Cam Newton played at Westlake High School who program is on the rise again why not contact them. They have an open on Oct. 1st maybe something could be worked out plus they have the money to travel or could get it. Cam father was once the head of the booster club at Westlake and some of the other kids that are in the NFL like Chance Womack that play for the Titans and also was a starting guard on two of the University Of Alabama national champion ship teams always give back to Westlake. Contact the AD and head coach Love at Westlake if not this season maybe next season. It can't hurt to contact them if not Mallard Creek maybe some other schools in Charlotte.

What is Westlake contact info. I'm sure MC administration would give them a call

Oct 1 game would be during conference play. Westlake is a 7-4 team out of Georgia. Not exactly the game they would be looking for. Other than the Newtons affiliation, would not be a game of interest.

Teams like Colquitt, Grayson and Roswell would be games of interest, but they are unavailable.

Last edited:
Oct 1 game would be during conference play. Westlake is a 7-4 team out of Georgia. Not exactly the game they would be looking for. Other than the Newtons affiliation, would not be a game of interest.

Teams like Colquitt, Grayson and Roswell would be games of interest, but they are unavailable.
N

Nepsey

To Nepsy 7Westlake has gone 25-11 the last three years with coach Bryan Love who coached at Camden County High School a few years ago and brought a winning training routine with him. Westlake as a matter of fact only lost to Grayson 35-28 in the playoff last year and that game went back and forth and could have ended in a tie. To say Westlake won't appeal to Mallard Creek is a bit much if you know Westlake history. I would advise anybody who's interested in Westlake High School history just go to their high school homepage which is Westlake High School,Atlanta,Ga.. Since 2010 they have sent 103 players to college on an athletic scholarships which included over 30 difference colleges. They have had four BCS National Championship players from Westlake,2 superbowl players, two all pros,one junior college national championship player,one NFL Europe World Bowl player,Five All American Honors,Four All-SEC Honors,Two ACC- Honors and one Heisman Trophy Winner. By the way Pac- Man Jones also played at Westlake and is with the Bengals,Chance Womack with the Titans and played at Alabama is from Westlake etc. The AD at Westlake is Mr. Robert Wilson email wilsonr3@fultonschools.org and the head football coach is Mr. Bryan Love email loveb@fultonschools.org. Camden County H.S. Nepsy7 went 25-9 the last three seasons. Also Westlake have played Colquitt County in the past and held their own.

They are currently playing 2 recent State Championships teams out of SC and the 3rd team has a long history of being on the National Stage Byrnes. Throw in 3 time State Champs of NC Butler. The 5th game was supposed to be a Don Bosco, Dematha, Grayson, IMG, Bishop Gorman or a Colquitt County type game. My personal opinion, take the by week and keep it moving. That's already a load to start your season off with. Although i believe it would be a very good game.The only thing Westlake is missing. Not on the National Stage. I hear Dutch Fork is getting an Elite QB and now they are reaching out. I'm praying for a by week. :)

Last edited:
Hornet62 i will forward the info and see what happens.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Westlake at Mallard Creek definitely would bring a smile across Cam Newton face. He'll definitely at the game

West Lake schedule Is complete for this season per Coach Wilson Athletic director.

Don't b too tired nepsy by the time y'all play us..we almost stole the last 2 when we met..lol

Don't b too tired nepsy by the time y'all play us..we almost stole the last 2 when we met..lol

Yep! The Vance almost Cougars. Almost beat Mallard Creek, Charlotte Catholic, North Meck, Hough, South Pointe, and pistol whipped by Al Brown. :) At least your consistent.

Losing to 3 state champs by a less than a TD is a stepping stone to success..there will not always b a "almost" in there.

Losing to 3 state champs by a less than a TD is a stepping stone to success..there will not always b a "almost" in there.

When your program is no longer relevant and your breaks are fine and you keep running out of gas.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Blank!

Last edited:
nogas1.jpg

Nepsy7 did AD Wilson say anything about next season or in the future? You should also try some of the other schools in Charlotte like Hough,Crest,Butler etc. I know Cam has done a camp at Hough in the pass plus it's a money maker for everybody. Peace.

You should also try some of the other schools in Charlotte like Hough,Crest,Butler etc.
Hough is in the same conference as Mallard Creek, and Mallard Creek and Butler already hook up twice a year every year. Crest isn't in Charlotte and is too chicken to come anywhere near the place.

The problem is no team in North Carolina outside of Butler is willing to step up to the plate and schedule Mallard Creek this season, which is why they have feelers out all over the East Coast trying to fill their schedule. If it was as simple as finding another Charlotte school to schedule (or even another North Carolina school to schedule), it would've been a done deal a long time ago.

Nepsy7 did AD Wilson say anything about next season or in the future? You should also try some of the other schools in Charlotte like Hough,Crest,Butler etc. I know Cam has done a camp at Hough in the pass plus it's a money maker for everybody. Peace.

Hornet! Mr. Wilson did say he would talk about possibly scheduling something next year. Not to sure about those other schools. You can forget about Crest. If you have a fighting chance? Forget about it! They don't schedule those type games. Hough Head Coach is trying to leave. Butler has the same problem as MC.

Last edited:
Hornet! Mr. Wilson did say he would talk about possibly scheduling something next year. Not to sure about those other schools. You can forget about Crest. If you have a fighting chance? Forget about it! They don't schedule those type games. Hough Head Coach is trying to leave. Butler has the same problem as MC.

Nepsy7 I'm sure if you stay in touch with AD Wilson something will be worked out for next year. They aren't scared to play tough competition as a matter of fact they are playing a Georgia 4A champion from last season in Carterville,a former state champion from 2014 McEachem a 6A school last year and a few other school that played good in the playoff last season. The AD when Cam played was a female and she schedule some of the best schools in Georgia she had no fear. Even the ladies and men basketball teams travel all over the country to play good teams. They should try and bring Cam team to Charlotte. The new DB the Panthers signed as a free agent Braydon Boykins him and Cam played against each other in school also Eric Berry #29 for the Chiefs is school Creekside was in the same conference as Westlake both of those guys where something else in high school could play any position very well. Later.

They are currently playing 2 recent State Championships teams out of SC and the 3rd team has a long history of being on the National Stage Byrnes. Throw in 3 time State Champs of NC Butler. The 5th game was supposed to be a Don Bosco, Dematha, Grayson, IMG, Bishop Gorman or a Colquitt County type game. My personal opinion, take the by week and keep it moving. That's already a load to start your season off with. Although i believe it would be a very good game.The only thing Westlake is missing. Not on the National Stage. I hear Dutch Fork is getting an Elite QB and now they are reaching out. I'm praying for a by week. :)

Nepsy7 if they get IMG they better bring their A plus game and then some. That IMG team is nothing but the truth man.

I doubt any High School Team could beat IMG once they get rolling. American Heritage was able to pull off a win 1st game last year. The only advantage teams would have. The majority of the players have only played together for 1 or 2 years. They don't count as a High School Team. :) When Tenn offers 20 players on your roster. You shouldn't be losing any games......lol!

Why not just create an event. "Cam Newton Invitation". 4 games putting teams from GA vs. Teams from NC. Games played at UNCC or memorial stadium. All day event. Just dont see why ppl can't get creative and try something different

Reactions: footballstar_17
Why not just create an event. "Cam Newton Invitation". 4 games putting teams from GA vs. Teams from NC. Games played at UNCC or memorial stadium. All day event. Just dont see why ppl can't get creative and try something different

There have been those type of events with the Herbstreit being the main one, in both Ohio and Texas. They had to rely heavily on sponsorship money and basically fought two battles, scheduling and money. I would think NC versus SC would be the best option. The shorter travel would help with the fan support.

Never quite figured out the purpose of IMG?

The purpose is pretty simple. Set up a feeder system into the NCAA and hopefully one day the NFL under the guise of a high school. Develop relationships early on and hopefully cash in on those relationships when these kids get drafted and need representation. Not sure how well it works from a football standpoint but its a pretty smart business model.

As Btango said, one way to limit it would be to make sure no other high school schedules them but these powerhouse schools like Mallard CReek continue to have trouble scheduling in state and even regionally and the one thing IMG brings to the table is cash so I understand it.

Reactions: nepsy7
MC will ultimately chalk up week 5 as a bye week is what I think is going to happen. But starting next season I think MC should contact schools like Page, Richmond, Scotland, etc. Hard to schedule teams when the majority of NC schools are on the 2nd year of a 2 year contract.

MC has been reaching out to Richmond & Scotland for over 3 years...lol

Hough is in the same conference as Mallard Creek, and Mallard Creek and Butler already hook up twice a year every year. Crest isn't in Charlotte and is too chicken to come anywhere near the place.

The problem is no team in North Carolina outside of Butler is willing to step up to the plate and schedule Mallard Creek this season, which is why they have feelers out all over the East Coast trying to fill their schedule. If it was as simple as finding another Charlotte school to schedule (or even another North Carolina school to schedule), it would've been a done deal a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT