ADVERTISEMENT

Maiden vs Salsibury

Another INT. On 3rd and 34. QB has been off target all night. Very uncharacteristic of him. He's been spot on all year. Block in the back by Salisbury makes it first and 10 on Maiden 45. Same as last drive

Our youth is showing. Tons of sophomores playing. No playoff experience. Salisbury is very well put together.

9 yard QB keeper. 14-0 Salisbury. 5:54 left in the 1st. As Tom use to say "We ain't gonna win if we keep giving them our ball. Quit giving them our ball!"

Maiden INT. Would have been 6 but he was running slower than me. Crazy for a kid with 4.5 speed. Personal Foul on Salisbury adds 15 yards. 1st and 10 on Salisbury 24.

4th and 12 on the 15 yd line. Going for it. Walker with the sack. Our coaches won't send any help for our tackles on #11.

Coming into the playoffs, Salisbury is one of the two teams in the 2AA-West that would concern me the most.

I think its their’s or Hibriten’s to win. Whomever comes out of the East is already the runner-up.

4th and 2 on the 2. TD Maiden. On short pass right. PAT blocked. 21-6 Sal. 10:33 left in the 2nd.

Salisbury player down. Both teams with a few injuries thus far. A little cooler tonight than expected.

Salisbury WR mossed our DB on a 4th and 15 corner route for a TD. We played up close and got burnt. 28-6 Sal. 7:02 left In the 2nd.

4th and 8. Un-catchable. The kid hasn't been off like this since last year. Salisbury ball

Salisbury is either pitch right, pitch left, or fake pitch QB up the middle. How our coaches showed up tonight so unprepared is baffling. That being said. Salisbury had to punt. 1st and 10 Maiden on their own 11.

Actually it's not baffling. Our coaches are 1 and 4 in the playoffs the past 4 yrs. Which is as long as they've been coaching together. It was my one worry coming into tonight.

Interception #4. QB is just throwing it away in the middle of the field to avoid a sack.

57 yd TD second play by HB. Untouched up the middle. 38-6 Sal. 11:00 left in the 3rd. I took my lap at halftime like I normally do talking to everyone, the general consensus with the fans? It's just another Maiden 1 and done playoff. With this coaching staff no one is even surprised.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
70 yd TD pass. We could have been doing this all night....smdh. failed 2 point. 38-12 Sal. 10:18 left on the clock. ...I guess we'll see where the 2nd half adjustments take us. We're normally hot in the 2nd half but I don't believe we'll get that hot.

A lot to a little. Sal just scored. 52-12. 2:48 left in the 3rd. We tapped out a long time ago. I hung in there longer than they did.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Final Score. 52-12. Congratulations to Salisbury. They were aggressive and well prepared, we were googly-eyed and noodle-armed.

Congratulations to Salisbury! Top notch! They are pretty good! Lol!
Whew! They’re sump’em!
Dag... why didn’t y’all tell me about the QB Honeycutt! He can fly... tough too!
I’m guessing 200 yards rushing by himself!
Heard he has a full ride to UNC for baseball. Keep an eye on him!
Biggest most physical team we’ve seen! Sorry to see one of them carted off on a stretcher. Hoping he is ok.

Overall...maiden team looked like a deer in headlights! The 5 picks certainly didn’t help.... but it didn’t matter! They whipped us in all phases of the game!

Enjoyed it! Boys!

I will have to eat crow on this game. I usually don’t miss it this bad. Sometimes it happens. I figure Maiden had a shot at it. But I under estimated Salsibury. They will be tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT