ADVERTISEMENT

Madison County

Who in their right mind would want that job,its a dumpster fire .

Many of us do not know the deal. What are the problems and the causes?
The county does not care about sports. The parents have always ran the football program, its all political. Another problem the country is very rural and large, some kids live 30 or more miles from the school. Really feel bad for the kids. They had a solid coach ,fired him after 1 season, they run off every coach they get its coaching graveyard.

I thought the previous coach left to go coach basketball? It is a dumpster fire for sure. They have no clue how to run a football program. The interview process after Gosnell left was a joke.

Where is Rhodamer now and why is he no longer at Madison. Would think winning five games first (and only) season and being in two or three until the end was an improvement?

Madison County is 20 miles from Asheville and 20 billion miles away from the rest of the world. 10000% political hire and it will be another little league or middle school coach. Poor school and athletic leadership. The coach that left for the basketball hire could not even hire one assistant to help him.

Reactions: mrbud
Yep. They expect you to use the few teacher/coaches on staff. And then rely on people from the community to help coach. They may not have any good background or knowledge to coach, but that's what you get.

Madison will never have good program, last season no jv program. That should tell people all you need to know about their program. Any kid that loves football, needs to transfer to a school that cares.

Since Polk has been in the WHC (which has only been 12 years)
Madison has had atleast 6 football coaches 5 Boys basketball coaches 4 or 5 Girls basketball coaches and 4 or 5 Baseball coaches. Seems like the parents run the show up there. Make the wrong person mad and you are gone. Gosnell beat Shelby and took them to the state semi finals and they pushed him out a few years later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelers71
Heard it's either the current middle school coach or the Defensive Coordinator left over from last year. Geeez. like I said earlier, 20 billion miles away from the rest of the world.

I am not surprised that they have turnover.....Their principal is a joke for many reasons but, foremost to this subject he interferes with his coaches and undermines them to the point that he assumes knowledge that he does not possess. He's been ran out of two school systems and had to take legal action against one county to keep his job.

Last edited:
Weren't the Patriots really solid a few years ago? I thought they even beat Shelby in the playoffs. A shame they could not have built off that success. The person that was the coach of that team should have been treated like gold and enticed to stay for the long term.

Weren't the Patriots really solid a few years ago? I thought they even beat Shelby in the playoffs. A shame they could not have built off that success. The person that was the coach of that team should have been treated like gold and enticed to stay for the long term.
They went to the 3rd round in 2014 and lost to East Lincoln who went on to win the state.

They went to the 3rd round in 2014 and lost to East Lincoln who went on to win the state.
Madison made it to the 4th round in 2012 and lost the Western Regional to East Lincoln. Pretty sure those 3 postseason wins are the only 3 postseason wins in Madison history. Madison was 2-9 in 2014.

Reactions: PBBear51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT