ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Saw on the UNC board rumors swirling that Fuente and other Va Tech personal have tested positive. UNC will be without several starters, but it's due to injury and not Covid. Duck, Conley, 1-2 guys on the OL and a guy on the DL is what I'm hearing. Expect a lot of Tony Grimes tomorrow.

Line dropped all the way too 3 tonight. Something is up. Could be those OL injuries

Gonna be without Storm Duck, Conley, Vohasek and 1-2 OL. Bingley Jones (4* in 2020 class) is out for the year and Pinder (4* in 2020 class) has a broken hand so the depth UNC was hoping would be there to start the year hasn't gone as planned but it gives an opportunity for other guys to step up.

North Carolina talent on display today on National TV.....

Sam Howell (Sun Valley)- 276 yards and 3 TD's

Javonte Williams (Wallace Rose Hill)- 224 total yards & 2 TD's

Dyami Brown- (West Meck)- 86 yards and 2 TD's

6 game-winning streak

2017 & 2018= 5 combined wins

2019 & 2020 (3 games in) = 10 wins

2020 Recruiting Class Rank- #13
2021 Recruiting Class Rank- #12

3-0

Mack is back.

North Carolina talent on display today on National TV.....

Sam Howell (Sun Valley)- 276 yards and 3 TD's

Javonte Williams (Wallace Rose Hill)- 224 total yards & 2 TD's

Dyami Brown- (West Meck)- 86 yards and 2 TD's

6 game-winning streak

2017 & 2018= 5 combined wins

2019 & 2020 (3 games in) = 10 wins

2020 Recruiting Class Rank- #13
2021 Recruiting Class Rank- #12

3-0

Mack is back.

Wild game today. Good test for the heels. Should move up in the polls

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
neither team played a lick of defense

UNC was doing fine until the offense started stalling/scoring quick and they got gassed. Va Tech ran over 60 plays in the first 45 minutes and ended up with 77 offensive snaps while holding the ball for 32 minutes. Heels were without their #1 DT, no Bingley Jones, no Pinder and also without Conley and Duck in the secondary. Got Rene and Kelly back but this was their first action since their season-ending injuries last year. Regardless, nice to see the offense put up about 700 yards including over 400 on the ground.

3-0, all that matters.

Reactions: UNC91
It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 3-4 weeks. Big 10 gets going but clearly Covid is starting to cause multiple issues now.

Qb play and Dline is the great separation. If you have one ( Howell) you can be top 10. If you have both your Clemson or OSU.

It was a bad loss for UNC but I have to say I love the way Howell competed in 2nd half. Couple of those throws were ridiculous. Drops really hurt them as did poor special teams. Lot of miss tackles at the 2nd level as well. Not Suratt's best game.

An amazing stat I dug up earlier this week.

2017 and 2018 = 10 combined losses by 2 scores or more.

2019 and 2020 = 0

UNC has been in 17 straight competitive games under Mack. Worst loss has been by 7 points.

Hell of an effort by the boys in the second half. Two blocked punts, pick 6, turnover on downs inside the 5/10 yard line and still had a chance on the last drive. Can’t have those 3 drops on the last drive. Both coaches and players have to be more sound moving forward.

Go Heels!

An amazing stat I dug up earlier this week.

2017 and 2018 = 10 combined losses by 2 scores or more.

2019 and 2020 = 0

UNC has been in 17 straight competitive games under Mack. Worst loss has been by 7 points.

Hell of an effort by the boys in the second half. Two blocked punts, pick 6, turnover on downs inside the 5/10 yard line and still had a chance on the last drive. Can’t have those 3 drops on the last drive. Both coaches and players have to be more sound moving forward.

Go Heels!

Well, that's certainly glass half full. The half empty would be the #5 team in the country just lost to a team whose only win was a struggle against JsU.

I think yesterday shows that UNC has come along way but all the hype was a bit much. Still a ways to go. Those defensive recruits will be a huge help.

Heels will be alright. The entire team was out of sync and flat the 1st half. Everything was off. I could of swore the pre-Mack defense was back out there.

Oh and another thing. Anyone want to go back to where we were 2 years ago?

yep, been seeing some problems with the defense the previous two games, but it’s all well and good as long as you get the W, right? hopefully.....this loss will get their attention and have them turn up the intensity a couple notches. they’re gonna need it going forward. go heels.

Well, that's certainly glass half full. The half empty would be the #5 team in the country just lost to a team whose only win was a struggle against JsU.

I think yesterday shows that UNC has come along way but all the hype was a bit much. Still a ways to go. Those defensive recruits will be a huge help.

Just being a realist. We all know the rankings are flawed due to Oregon, Wiscy, Ohio State, Minny, Penn St, Michigan not playing and LSU, Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas etc already having multiple losses. This was a big-time game for FSU to get back on track -- credit to them because they came out ready to ball. Bingley Jones, Pinder, Conley, Evans were the prized recruits in this years class and other than Evans (handful of snaps) none of have hardly seen any snaps due to injury. Was hoping we'd see those guys early on but it hasn't worked out that way.

But half full or half empty, seeing Mack come back and have them competitive in EVERY game through 17 is pretty impressive seeing how he took over a program with 5 wins in the two years prior. Yes, 5.

4 games coming up against State, UVA, Wake and Duke. Let's see what they do this next month.

NBBears question. Keion Joyner signed with FSU about five years ago. Had some academic issues and left for JUCO. Did he ever play any at FSU or at any four year school? Remember JBB kicked him off the team his senior season.

NBBears question. Keion Joyner signed with FSU about five years ago. Had some academic issues and left for JUCO. Did he ever play any at FSU or at any four year school? Remember JBB kicked him off the team his senior season.

He never got to FSU, think he’s still at Iowa Central CC. At one time he was the #1 overall recruit in his class. All the talent in the world but he just wasn’t motivated, no fault of JBB’s.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
One of those weekends. Kentucky dismantles #18 Tennessee 34-7. South Carolina defeats #15 Auburn 30-22. Which upsets happen.

Clemson destroyed Georgia Tech and put up 73 points, who beat FSU, and FSU beats the Heels, who are allegedly contenders for the ACC title. To be continued!

Clemson destroyed Georgia Tech and put up 73 points, who beat FSU, and FSU beats the Heels, who are allegedly contenders for the ACC title. To be continued!

Yea, that logic never works. Each game is different. I can give you many examples if you want them! Lotta ball game left this year....legggoooo.

Yea, that logic never works. Each game is different. I can give you many examples if you want them! Lotta ball game left this year....legggoooo.
I really wasn’t stating any logic. I just stated some facts of what going on this year, and stay tuned.

Gotcha, bet you were sweating that FSU 💥tweet on that last drive, almost had to delete! 18-22 year olds, never know what’s going to happen. Who do you have as ACC contenders? Notre Dame that has played close games to Duke and L’ville? Long season, anything can happen.

Gotcha, bet you were sweating that FSU 💥tweet on that last drive, almost had to delete! 18-22 year olds, never know what’s going to happen. Who do you have as ACC contenders? Notre Dame that has played close games to Duke and L’ville? Long season, anything can happen.
I don’t have a particular program I cheer for, I usually just watch Creek guys. I don’t believe any team in the ACC will come close to beating Clemson this year.

He never got to FSU, think he’s still at Iowa Central CC. At one time he was the #1 overall recruit in his class. All the talent in the world but he just wasn’t motivated, no fault of JBB’s.

What a stud on Friday nights though. He is still at Iowa CC. Would have loved to see him down at Florida state. Number 1 recruit in the nation in his class. Shame he didnt have better guidance

What a stud on Friday nights though. He is still at Iowa CC. Would have loved to see him down at Florida state. Number 1 recruit in the nation in his class. Shame he didnt have better guidance

He always came to play against my Bears. Remember him blocking that punt in 2014.

I still like this UNC team right behind Clemson. Possibly tied with Miami but the nod to UNC right now

State game will be intense Sat

Great opening drive. At the game today, doesn't feel like a college sporting event

Man that boy William's is legit. He might be top five back in the country. If he comes back for his senior year, like I'm told he will. This kid from WRH might be a 1st rd pick. Heisman trophy candidate
Next Todd Gurley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT