ADVERTISEMENT

MAC week 3.....

Let's see, ACR had to pay Swain for not being able to play. The truth is, someone in the athletic office got the dates of games messed up and scheduled another game for the same day. That came straight from the athletic office. I don't know all the details but that is the gist of what happened. You can call it running if you want to and that is fine. If that is running then Owen has been the Forrest Gumps of Buncombe County for the last 30 years or so for not playing Asheville who is right in your back yard.

You are thinking of the guys that did it last year. They have moved to Florida and no longer do the stats for ACR.

I have nothing to do with their site. It is a good site though for football stats for WNC football.

In all seriousness..... Padgett has his work cut out for him for a while.

It wasn't last year. I do agree we have some work to do for a while. I don't know what can be done honestly. The talent is not here as a whole past this year. Hopefully the youth league and Middle school can help us out in the future.

Reynolds could win this game playing only their 9th and 10th graders there is a reason Kenny decided to retire. I doubt Owen will ever win two games in a row in this series again in our lifetime. But at least little brother can hang their hat on that win last year.

Those guys had done stats for ACR for a long time. At least the last 10-15 years.

Ok. We do have some young backs that should help us the next couple years but the line I worry about.

I really think finding and developing good linemen is the hardest thing. JMHO

I think this years Owen Reynolds game will be determined on what did or didn't happen AFTER last years game at Reynolds. I wasnt there obviously but if Owen did in fact act like they won the Super Bowl after last years game like the Reynolds faithful are claiming and the Reynolds coaches saw it and were offended, you could possibly see a scenario where Rico dowdle scores 6-7 touchdowns and plays well into the 4th quarter. I don't know if Shane laws would do that but you never know.

Well, since Cougar1 called me a lying, two faced, back stabbing, green shirt wearing, Rocket fan in Cougar disguise I guess I'll pick Owen to win this one. Owen 64 - Reynolds 12 Final.

I will be the first to tell you that it would take no turnovers for us a couple for them and we would have to play the best d we have played this year to have a chance. I hope we can keep the ball away from them and score on 15 play drives using up huge chunks of time and keep it within a couple of scores. If that happened I would be excited. If better then I might lose my mind but I'm not counting on it.

I think next year Asheville and Reynolds will be getting a bunch of new transfers for football. WLOS said something about Erwin hating Hispanics and African Americans......something like that. Any truth to that rumor BD? I mean, if it's true then we need to get dibbs on the Poore kid and maybe that big Hispanic O-lineman. Reynolds can have the leftovers.

I have been waiting all week on some good ol' trash talk. I am finally glad someone showed up. This board was beginning to sound like a "love in".

Any how. I have to go now. Good luck to all except Owen tonight.

That's why I love football, the good ole trash talk lol

GG, how did I get pulled into this convo? Does he have you and me confused! I'm here in FL minding my business and I read these post blasting me for keeping stats and doing a website. I'm innocent here, no need to blast me and my brother.

5 mins til kickoff. Ashevilles away side MIGHT be half full with pisgah fans. It's bigger than you thought huh? Tried to tell you. Our away side is bigger than most home sides.

Erwin by 1.
Having seen Ooltewah on film I'm not impressed. Their receivers can't catch and their QB can't seem to make an accurate pass. I also think their secondary is suspect. With the offense Erwin runs, and it being played at Erwin I think you guys can pull an upset. If they beat Erwin it will be late in the game when the Warriors are worn out.

Reynolds by 35.
Starters will be on the sidelines by the second quarter. It won't even be close.

Smokey Mountain by 21.
Enka will only win one other game this year. Hope and change will only get you so far.

Asheville by 14.
Like last week I believe we'll dominate the entire game but won't put the Bears to sleep until late. If our defense shows up you'll see a different Cougar team.

Tuscola by 7.
McDowell plays Asheville football without Asheville's athletes. This will be a close one but Tuscola will pull it out.

East Rutherford by 10.
TCR is going nowhere.

North Buncombe by 21.
I know everyone is saying MH has improved this year, but I don't see them winning this one. The Blackhawks are flying under the radar right now and I will predict right here and now that they will upset one of the big three (AHS-ACR-EHS) this year. Go ahead and laugh but it will happen.

Ewww how has Ooltewah look in person since their film didn't impress yall? The past 2 years some Team from TN has made western nc not look to hot. Tn football has progressed quite a bit over the last 10 years

Last edited:
Good game Cougars way to fight hard Bears I hate to take a L we had a few chances to be in the game. Guys playing both ways for the bears really showed later in the game. Hate it got a little chippy but that's football. Bears will bounce back

Basically 3AA/4a size school. So do they recruit?

If Erwin was in TN they would be classified as 5a. 1700-1200 is the limit. No Ooltewah is a public school where you first get into the city of Chattanooga. Closed school zone and no recruits

Ewww how has Ooltewah look in person since their film didn't impress yall? The past 2 years some Team from TN has made western nc not look to hot. Tn football has progressed quite a bit over the last 10 years
Cougar90 (who you quoted) is an Asheville fan, I highly doubt he was at the Erwin game.

I haven't seen any of the Erwin fans say anything about Ooltewah that wasn't respectful and indicating Ooltewah was a very good team. In fact, BD Warrior (Erwin fan) predicted Ooltewah to win based on what he had seen and heard about their program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT