ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Week 1 Predictions and Preseason Thoughts

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Game week is finally here! It should be another year of everyone chasing Reynolds. Who will be improved and who will take a step back this season?

Week 1 Predictions

Tuscola @ Asheville

Asheville returns the majority of their skill players including their top 2 RBs. The offensive line has struggled though and will need to take a big step forward for them to be a contender. Tuscola loses their QB who accounted for a big portion of their offense last year.

Asheville 31
Tuscola 21

Enka @ Owen

Enka struggled last year and lost a lot of their offensive production. This could be one of their few chances at a win this season. Owen is bringing in another new coach and will also likely struggle this season. Toss up game.

Enka 14
Owen 13

Daniel Boone (TN) @ Erwin

Erwin returns some skillful offensive players and should be able to put up points in a hurry. Can the defense stop anyone? Daniel Boone finished 3-7 last season including a loss to Erwin.

Erwin 34
Daniel Boone 20

McDowell @ RS Central

This game is usually a measuring stick for the Titans. Win and 4 or 5 wins seem like a good bet, lose and it might be a 2 or 3-win season. The Titans return their top RB and FB who accounted for over 1,000 rushing yards last season. They also return their top 2 QB's who may split time under center. RS has a new coach and offensive system but this almost always is a close game.

McDowell 28
RS Central 20

North Buncombe @ East Henderson

Much like Enka, North Buncombe may struggle to win more than a game or 2 this season. This game is crucial for them to start on the right foot and should be a close battle.

North Buncombe 21
East Henderson 20

West Forsyth @ Reynolds

Max Guest is back and a top transfer QB should help Reynolds have a much better offense than last season. Will the defense be as good? West Forsyth is a solid program and beat Reynolds last season.

Reynolds 21
West Forsyth 14

Watauga @ Roberson

Roberson must replace its top 2 rushers and opens against a good Watauga team. This should be a close game but Watauga pulls away late.

Watauga 27
Roberson 14

Season Predictions

1. Reynolds
2. Asheville
3. Erwin
4. Roberson
5. McDowell
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Here we go!

Tuscola @Asheville - Asheville 27 Tuscola 17

I got Asheville in a close one. Pisgah ran all over Asheville in the Buncombe Co Jamboree, jumping out to a 19-0 lead before Asheville scored 2 late TD’s including on defensive score. Asheville needs to figure out how to stop the power run game.

Enka @ Owen - Owen 3 Enka 2

I’ll give the home team this one but I have no real reason 🤷‍♂️

Daniel Boone @ Erwin - Erwin 31 DB 21

Erwin showed some good things offensively in their scrimmage against Hendersonville but Hendo was not good by any stretch. For Erwin it’s the same ole thing will they be able to stop anyone, wasn’t impressed with their defense.

McDowell @ RS Central - McDowell 27 RSC 16

McDowell has lots coming back on offense and the experience will help.

North Buncombe @ East Henderson - East 6 North 3

Not much to say here, I picked East because they have already started school and NB hasn’t. 🤷‍♂️

West Forsyth @ AC Reynolds - AC Reynolds 24 West Forsyth 21

You know I’m not picking against my guys! Offensively we will be fine, may be a little slow to start with because QB learning new receivers and their timing may be off some but we can lean on 3 very good running backs including Max Guest. Our Defense needs to get better and I’m sure it will as time goes on, our defensive staff are very good and will get it right just might take a few games. These first 4 games will make us better but man I wish we had at least one sure win prior to conference play.

Watauga @ TC Roberson - Watauga 36 TCR 17

What I saw of TCR in their scrimmage didn’t really impress me. I’m sure they will get it together as they have to replace so much offense. However, start with Watauga is not what a young team needs.

Reactions: Titanman27
Game week is finally here! It should be another year of everyone chasing Reynolds. Who will be improved and who will take a step back this season?

Week 1 Predictions

Tuscola @ Asheville

Asheville returns the majority of their skill players including their top 2 RBs. The offensive line has struggled though and will need to take a big step forward for them to be a contender. Tuscola loses their QB who accounted for a big portion of their offense last year.

Asheville 31
Tuscola 21

Enka @ Owen

Enka struggled last year and lost a lot of their offensive production. This could be one of their few chances at a win this season. Owen is bringing in another new coach and will also likely struggle this season. Toss up game.

Enka 14
Owen 13

Daniel Boone (TN) @ Erwin

Erwin returns some skillful offensive players and should be able to put up points in a hurry. Can the defense stop anyone? Daniel Boone finished 3-7 last season including a loss to Erwin.

Erwin 34
Daniel Boone 20

McDowell @ RS Central

This game is usually a measuring stick for the Titans. Win and 4 or 5 wins seem like a good bet, lose and it might be a 2 or 3-win season. The Titans return their top RB and FB who accounted for over 1,000 rushing yards last season. They also return their top 2 QB's who may split time under center. RS has a new coach and offensive system but this almost always is a close game.

McDowell 28
RS Central 20

North Buncombe @ East Henderson

Much like Enka, North Buncombe may struggle to win more than a game or 2 this season. This game is crucial for them to start on the right foot and should be a close battle.

North Buncombe 21
East Henderson 20

West Forsyth @ Reynolds

Max Guest is back and a top transfer QB should help Reynolds have a much better offense than last season. Will the defense be as good? West Forsyth is a solid program and beat Reynolds last season.

Reynolds 21
West Forsyth 14

Watauga @ Roberson

Roberson must replace its top 2 rushers and opens against a good Watauga team. This should be a close game but Watauga pulls away late.

Watauga 27
Roberson 14

Season Predictions

1. Reynolds
2. Asheville
3. Erwin
4. Roberson
5. McDowell
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka
Titanman, you've got R-S Central scoring 20, and Reynoldsrock2 has the Hilltoppers scoring 16. I'll bet y'all a plug nickel they outscore both of those predictions combined and put up over 40 in this game. Something's brewing over in Rolfton!!

Titanman, you've got R-S Central scoring 20, and Reynoldsrock2 has the Hilltoppers scoring 16. I'll bet y'all a plug nickel they outscore both of those predictions combined and put up over 40 in this game. Something's brewing over in Rolfton!!

I got to be honest, I know very little about RS Central, I wasn’t trying to slight them in any way.

Just curious where the confidence is coming from. RS lost most of their O and D line and the JV team wasnt very good last year.

Just curious where the confidence is coming from. RS lost most of their O and D line and the JV team wasnt very good last year.
I'm only willing to bet a plug nickel, so.... there's my confidence lol! I do think they will surprise some people this year. JV was young last year, almost entirely fresman. They lost the first 4 games, got better, and then went 4-1 in the conference. Now, with some better coaching, we will see.

I'm only willing to bet a plug nickel, so.... there's my confidence lol! I do think they will surprise some people this year. JV was young last year, almost entirely fresman. They lost the first 4 games, got better, and then went 4-1 in the conference. Now, with some better coaching, we will see.
McDowell JV beat them 30-0 last year and have a lot of players moving up this year. I think it will be a close game but dont see RS scoring that much. McDowell looks pretty good up front this year and will look to run it right down RS throat while playing ball control.

McDowell JV beat them 30-0 last year and have a lot of players moving up this year. I think it will be a close game but dont see RS scoring that much. McDowell looks pretty good up front this year and will look to run it right down RS throat while playing ball control.
All I can really say is this. Friday night, you will not see the same R-S Central team you have seen the past 3 years.

Pretty tough week for the MAC. Only Asheville, Erwin and Enka won.

Asheville 42
Tuscola 6

West Forsyth 19
Reynolds 13

Enka 48
Owen 0

Erwin 56
Daniel Boone 0

RS Central 41
McDowell 38

East Henderson 28
North Buncombe 22

Watauga 14
Roberson 0

Shocked by the Erwin score. I know absolutely nothing about Daniel Boone, but going from a 7-0 grudge match in ‘23 to a 56-0 drubbing in ‘24 is impressive. Maybe Erwin is finding its groove again. Time will tell.

Our offense has to get better. Granted we played a good defensive team but I think we have to figure out who we are offensively. I think Guest needs more carries and we need to find our go to WR. Lots of new pieces on offense it’s going to take time to mesh, we will take our lumps early with our schedule but I think our eyes are set on the conference and getting a home playoff game. On a side note our defense played much better than anyone expected but gave up a couple big plays for TD’s that ended up costing us. Our offense cost us this game not the defense.

We threw 28 passes I believe and Guest had 13 carries. He was used as a receiver occasionally as well but I think he needs 20+ carries. However we had to pass a lot late in game because we were down a touchdown.

ACR will get it figured out. Too many weapons and only one ball so you can't coach trying to make everyone happy . But at at the end of the day I'm handing it off to the App St RB by default

13 carries in a close 1 possession game is a shockingly low number. He’s the best skill player in WNC and he gets 3 carries per quarter? I tell you what, I’ll be happy as hell if he gets only 13 against us. Lol But our luck he will have 13 carries for 190 yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT