ADVERTISEMENT

MAC confernece picks...

Alright fella's. Really appreciate the updates tonight. Hopefully we didn't get any injuries and we can take it to Reynolds next week.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like it was ugly but a win is a win against an athletic team like Carver.

What a sloppy sloppy game for us. Our kicking game was pathetic and our short yardage situations were terrible too from what I understand. I bet we were 1 for 10 on 3rd/4th and 2 or less. Carver may be incredibly talented but that was a bad performance on our part with 3 turnovers. I bet we out gained them by alot but we didnt capitalize. It was encouraging though to go to Winston Salem on a Thursday, win in some rain against a very very athletic team, have 3 turnovers, have a punt blocked, miss a pat, come away with no points in the redzone 4 times and still be able to pull out the win. Because we won, it is now a blessing we played on Thursday. Playing a team with that much speed is exactly what we needed heading to next week. I heard that was the least amount of points carver has scored this year. I'm glad we don't play them again.

One of the admins on that other site went to the game and he said he felt like he had overrated Asheville in the rankings up to this point. I didn't feel like we deserved to be ranked third with the way we have been letting teams hang around. We should probably be ranked more in the 7-10 range unless we prove otherwise next week.

Ahscougar1, I think Dudley held them to 7, but they have one of the best defenses in the state. Holding them to 12 is impressive though, especially after being put in a lot of tough situations. Looks like our defense is finally starting to look like we thought they might going into the season. Biggest test coming next week though.

What a sloppy sloppy game for us. Our kicking game was pathetic and our short yardage situations were terrible too from what I understand. I bet we were 1 for 10 on 3rd/4th and 2 or less. Carver may be incredibly talented but that was a bad performance on our part with 3 turnovers. I bet we out gained them by alot but we didnt capitalize. It was encouraging though to go to Winston Salem on a Thursday, win in some rain against a very very athletic team, have 3 turnovers, have a punt blocked, miss a pat, come away with no points in the redzone 4 times and still be able to pull out the win. Because we won, it is now a blessing we played on Thursday. Playing a team with that much speed is exactly what we needed heading to next week. I heard that was the least amount of points carver has scored this year. I'm glad we don't play them again.
We won't see as many athletes as carver had for the rest of the year, least that's a plus

I think Dudley beat them 42 to 7 earlier this year but they are one of the favorites in 4a.

Congrats Cougars from an ACR fan. Always good to go down the mountain and get a win

Is it possible that we may have worn them down? Why is it so hard for us to get these short yardages lately? I know carver was damn good but with battle leota and smith we should be getting 4th and 1s with relative ease. Also what the hell happened to the kicker tonight?

Well if Reynolds wins tomorrow night it sets up the big showdown next week. Sounded like we drove up and down the field just couldn't convert in the red zone and turned the ball over.

Well if Reynolds wins tomorrow night it sets up the big showdown next week. Sounded like we drove up and down the field just couldn't convert in the red zone and turned the ball over.
Worst game of the year for the Cougars but still found a way to get a W. No more but weeks

Were any of y'all actually at the game? I'm curious to know how many times brewer and Drummond got the ball

Can any of you Asheville guys explain to me why in the hell our kicking game is so bad? It seemed like any time we kicked the ball tonight something bad happened. Blocked punt, missed pat, the Carver guys nearly breaking every kickoff and punt for a touchdown. I have said it for years and I will say it again, it seems like we INTENTIONALLY find the other teams best player on the kickoff team and kick it right to them. Against North Gaston in 2007, we literally pooch kicked it to their all time leading rusher Princeton Brooks and he takes it 75 yards to the house. In 2005 against Andrews, we punt directly to a future NFL player Marcus Gilchrist and he takes It 50 yards back for a touchdown. Last year, Polk county had 1 guy you had to worry about. Jamal Wheeler, was the only guy on that entire roster that would scare you and was back deep on the kickoffs with another guy. We kicked it to Wheeler every single time and he returned one 95 yards for a touchdown and had probably 200+ yards in the return game. Tonight, I heard Carver nearly broke every kickoff return and was barely tripped up several times. What in the world are we doing? Can we not pooch kick it to one of the upbacks? Teams do it against us nearly every game!

Now on a lighter note...the more I think about the game tonight the more encouraged I am. For us to go on the road on a Thursday night, with about 50 fans in cool, rainy weather, against a team loaded with athletes, turn the ball over 3 times and just look like complete crap and come out with a win is encouraging. Holding that team with that much speed to 12 points is pretty damn impressive. Being down in the second half against a very good team and be able to come back and win was impressive. I actually think Carvers speed may have actually taken US a while to get used to. With all due respect to Franklin, Pisgah and newton conover, their team speed is nowhere near Carvers.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
If we kick it deep next week we are in trouble. Our kicker this year is definitely not near as good as what we are used to.

Can any of you Asheville guys explain to me why in the hell our kicking game is so bad? It seemed like any time we kicked the ball tonight something bad happened. Blocked punt, missed pat, the Carver guys nearly breaking every kickoff and punt for a touchdown. I have said it for years and I will say it again, it seems like we INTENTIONALLY find the other teams best player on the kickoff team and kick it right to them. Against North Gaston in 2007, we literally pooch kicked it to their all time leading rusher Princeton Brooks and he takes it 75 yards to the house. In 2005 against Andrews, we punt directly to a future NFL player Marcus Gilchrist and he takes It 50 yards back for a touchdown. Last year, Polk county had 1 guy you had to worry about. Jamal Wheeler, was the only guy on that entire roster that would scare you and was back deep on the kickoffs with another guy. We kicked it to Wheeler every single time and he returned one 95 yards for a touchdown and had probably 200+ yards in the return game. Tonight, I heard Carver nearly broke every kickoff return and was barely tripped up several times. What in the world are we doing? Can we not pooch kick it to one of the upbacks? Teams do it against us nearly every game!

Now on a lighter note...the more I think about the game tonight the more encouraged I am. For us to go on the road on a Thursday night, with about 50 fans in cool, rainy weather, against a team loaded with athletes, turn the ball over 3 times and just look like complete crap and come out with a win is encouraging. Holding that team with that much speed to 12 points is pretty damn impressive. Being down in the second half against a very good team and be able to come back and win was impressive. I actually think Carvers speed may have actually taken US a while to get used to. With all due respect to Franklin, Pisgah and newton conover, their team speed is nowhere near Carvers.
I agree100% Carver has speed all see you in the morning

Congrats to the Cougars on their win last night! Hope a lot of people decide to brave a little rain and come watch tonight! These are the types of games that make football in WNC so great. Maybe we will get lucky and the rain will hold off for us around 7:30.... you never know about this mountain weather.

Congrats to the Cougars on their win last night! Hope a lot of people decide to brave a little rain and come watch tonight! These are the types of games that make football in WNC so great. Maybe we will get lucky and the rain will hold off for us around 7:30.... you never know about this mountain weather.
Thanks Pride, Ugly but we will take it. Carvers band is unbelievable...Thought I was at a concert. Good Luck Tonight!

Reactions: Rocket Pride
If you can't make it out there tonight be sure you tune in to rocketssportsnetwork.com
Pre-game coverage starts at 7:15. Kickoff at 7:30. Go get 'em fellas!

For any Asheville fan attending the game tonight, I imagine it would be hard to gauge how good the Reynolds defense will be seeing how Erwin throws 95 percent of the time and we run 95 percent of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT