ADVERTISEMENT

MAC confernece picks...

Good win for the Rockets! The defense really stepped up and showed what they were capable of. To turn the ball over what felt like every other time we had the ball and still put up 500+ yards and score 35 points tells us how good this team could really be. The championship is on the line next Friday. Hoping for a big crowd. One of the most anticipated Asheville-Reynolds games we've had in a while.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
For a short answer, yes. I have officiated all kinds of sports and criticism comes with the territory. I have nothing personal against them. Maybe they are great guys off the field.

For those that were offended by me putting their full names on here, I apologize. I didn't want to cause any hard feelings. I went back and deleted their last names. I will assume that anyone who has ever had these two will know who they are.

With that being said, I still say there were some calls and some no calls that were very suspect. Maybe it was just a bad night. I will have to let it go and hope the next time will be better.

Erwin is a scrappy bunch and never gave up. They tried everything in that game and gave maximum effort and they deserve a lot if credit for that. If they get things rolling and get in a rhythm they can be difficult. ACR kept them out of sync last night just enough to win.

Anyway, it was a good win and now the Asheville game is next. Can't wait. It should be a good one.

Bama, It sounds like you may be part of the coaching staff now and if so you have probably already looked at the game film. Game film shows a lot. I have watched both of them officiate games and the younger of the two does a fine job in all 3 sports he officiates. He has officiated ACR games before and I haven't seen anyone on here complain about him. No former or current official at any level should trash another official especially publicly.

I am not a member of the coaching staff and I have seen the younger officiate before. I probably said something in the heat of the moment that I shouldn't have. I will say it one more time. I apologize for that. I have deleted all previous posts about this subject and will not comment on it any longer. It seems I have really upset some folks and that isn't really what was intended.

I wasn't there so I can't say anything good or bad about how the game was called. But for those of us who listened to the game on the radio I do have one question....and it's actually a legitimate question.

How the heck do you turn the ball over 4,5, or 6 times, have over a hundred and 70 something yards in penalties and still win a game?

Give Bama a break! He apologized! As for the game, I am not sure what to say. The better team won last night. I feel that without the turnovers and penalties, the score could have been much more lopsided. I also believe that with a better offensive performance by us(Erwin) in the first half the game could have been a toss up. Reynolds tried to give us many opportunities to beat them with the turnovers but we didn't capitalize! The Reynolds defense did keep us from getting any type of rythym going.

Give Bama a break! He apologized! As for the game, I am not sure what to say. The better team won last night. I feel that without the turnovers and penalties, the score could have been much more lopsided. I also believe that with a better offensive performance by us(Erwin) in the first half the game could have been a toss up. Reynolds tried to give us many opportunities to beat them with the turnovers but we didn't capitalize! The Reynolds defense did keep us from getting any type of rythym going.

Erwin will be tough to beat next year.

I wasn't there so I can't say anything good or bad about how the game was called. But for those of us who listened to the game on the radio I do have one question....and it's actually a legitimate question.

How the heck do you turn the ball over 4,5, or 6 times, have over a hundred and 70 something yards in penalties and still win a game?
Is it crazy to say that on a night where Rico Dowdle had over 300 combined yards that he did not have his best game? Wow haha. What a special athlete. But there were some fumbles on exchanges and after taking multiple hits. The one interception he threw, it looked like he sort of lobbed it out there and #10 just ran over there and picked it off to set up the score before half. I think all 18 of Erwin's points came off of turnovers. Great job overcoming adversity Rockets. Proud of you guys!

Is it crazy to say that on a night where Rico Dowdle had over 300 combined yards that he did not have his best game? Wow haha. What a special athlete. But there were some fumbles on exchanges and after taking multiple hits. The one interception he threw, it looked like he sort of lobbed it out there and #10 just ran over there and picked it off to set up the score before half. I think all 18 of Erwin's points came off of turnovers. Great job overcoming adversity Rockets. Proud of you guys!
What about his run last play of half? Wow

Rico is a special athlete. I am not a fan of either team just a football fan in general. He has a bright future ahead for sure.

He is the closest thing I've seen to Crezdon Butler in the last 10 years. I don't think he's quite the all around player that Crezdon was, but his size and the way he runs reminds me a lot of Crezdon. This is definitely the best Reynolds team since 2010. As for Erwin, they are solid but I don't think they have as much team speed as they have had the last few years.

Reactions: Packer10
Im not sure about the comparisons to johnny and Crezdon. Completely different players, eras and offensive schemes. Crezdon took over multiple playoff games on both sides of the ball. Until someone from wnc plays and contributes at a top 25 program in the country in college and gets drafted into the nfl, then we can make the comparison. Dowdle is a special player, but I don't care to compare players. To say he is the best player in the state is complete and utter nonsense. Everyone is quick to say "oh they are so explosive like ______" or "they are the most special talent since______". We will certainly have our hands full with dowdle and will need to play well to win, but we are no slouch either and if Reynolds wants to end their 4 game losing streak against us, they are going to have to play pretty damn well themselves.

He is the closest thing I've seen to Crezdon Butler in the last 10 years. I don't think he's quite the all around player that Crezdon was, but his size and the way he runs reminds me a lot of Crezdon. This is definitely the best Reynolds team since 2010. As for Erwin, they are solid but I don't think they have as much team speed as they have had the last few years.
Crezdon was way way faster. Dowdle would be harder to bring down but if Crezdon was in the open field you can forget about it. Think about this. Johnny and Crezdon both split carries with each other and were the same age and both had over 5,000 career rushing yards. That's insane.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
You ain't lying there! Sometimes I'm sitting in the stands and I find myself saying "How did he do that?" Rico Dowdle could very well be the best player in the state of North Carolina.
I don't know if you are being serious right now but I will respond as if you are.
Consider this. The number 1 ranked player in NC is Dontea jones. 6 foot 4 260 and has committed to Mississippi state.

RB BJ Emmons committed to Alabama

RB Antonio Williams committed to Washington

RB Robert Washington committed to any school in America he wants to go.

RB Abdul Adams committed to Michigan state.

RB Tre Harbison committed to Virginia.

RB CJ Freeman committed to South Carolina.

All those runningbacks are top 25 recruits in NC. Dowdle is very good but to say he might be the best OVERALL player in NC is to be judging through green and yellow colored glasses.

I'm guessing TCR is better than everyone was thinking. Everyone was saying McDowell was to physical for them. TCR isn't near where they should be or want to be but the kids that play for them give their all.

I don't really think he was being serious. I know that guy and he is pretty knowledgable. I think he was just pointing out that Rico is pretty good.

I don't know if you are being serious right now but I will respond as if you are.
Consider this. The number 1 ranked player in NC is Dontea jones. 6 foot 4 260 and has committed to Mississippi state.

All those runningbacks are top 25 recruits in NC. Dowdle is very good but to say he might be the best OVERALL player in NC is to be judging through green and yellow colored glasses.
I personally like my green and gold colored glasses ;) haha is Rico the best player in NC? Probably not. But he's pretty daggum good haha. A division 1 program will get a steal when he gets onto campus next fall.

I was just saying he was the closest thing I've seen to Crezdon in the last 10 years on offense. Rico doesn't even play defense.

Because Erwin did the same thing. Ferguson the two very bad picks that were uncharacteristic of him. That set up two easy Reynolds td's. Both teams had a lot of turnovers and penalties. As bad as Erwin played they still scored twice late in the game that would have made it a 3 point game, but the td's were taken away both times.

Because Erwin did the same thing. Ferguson threw two very bad picks that were uncharacteristic of him. That set up two easy Reynolds td's. Both teams had a lot of turnovers and penalties. As bad as Erwin played they still scored twice late in the game that would have made it a 3 point game, but the td's were taken away both times.

stars and offers aren't everything. I've seen a couple of these backs play and I would take Rico over them in a heartbeat. Is he the best player in North Carolina? Probably not, but he's definitely better than most of the RB's you just listed.

I saw game film of this game. I know the crew took a lot of heat for the amount of flags thrown but on film they were all there and they could have thrown more.

Hats off to Acr last Friday they were better, but they almost let us stay in the game a little too long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT