ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Hoggard not to play?

He could be out 3-4 weeks. All those RC posters that wanted a change at QB will get their wish. Hope Hoggard heals quickly.

He could be out 3-4 weeks. All those RC posters that wanted a change at QB will get their wish. Hope Hoggard heals quickly.

I'm a Richmond fan, and I hate to be a negative Nancy, but our defense really doesn't give us room for error on offense.

As many issues as the fans had with Luke, turning the ball over wasn't one of the bigger ones. Bringing in a new QB in this offense can be tough.

Originally posted by Dangerboytwelve:
I'm a Richmond fan, and I hate to be a negative Nancy, but our defense really doesn't give us room for error on offense.

As many issues as the fans had with Luke, turning the ball over wasn't one of the bigger ones. Bringing in a new QB in this offense can be tough.
Little Hoggard was at practice today throwing.....nuff said......

Sounds like last year all over again just a different QB. I know they run an option based attack at Richmond but they might want to think of ways that the QB's don't take such a beating.

Wonder why they don't start Tyler Calhoun? He led the undefeated JV team for two years!

Anyway, getting ready to leave Raleigh here shortly for a cold night at the Rock!

Go Raiders!

This post was edited on 11/14 2:59 PM by paulraiderfan

Will someone inbox me personally and tell me what I am missing about this situation. I do not reside in Rockingham but if Luke is hurt and cannot go, why not start Tyler. It has to be a Richmond Co. reason that is kept in house why the young man is not going to start. dcovington33@aol.com

TWIST ....Do U know anything else ....That information might just be good for the enemy on game planning...Maybe like any new plays or formations.....Did not know U were the spokesman for RAIDER Football...nuff said.

The Pee Dee Post said Luke will dress for the game but unknown if he will play! But anyways I think tyler should start he has more experiance with these guy's
This post was edited on 11/15 7:33 PM by Deana_King

Originally posted by raiderstud:
TWIST ....Do U know anything else ....That information might just be good for the enemy on game planning...Maybe like any new plays or formations.....Did not know U were the spokesman for RAIDER Football...nuff said.
Perhaps you are right and I don't normally put out that kind of info but if they are reading the message boards on mid day Friday and change their game plan from what they read on here, we shouldn't have much to worry about. And I do believe I said most likely. For all I know Luke will start.

BTW, my info came from public sources not insider. I haven't a clue who will play or not. Check out the first two posts of this thread for the same info.
This post was edited on 11/14 3:55 PM by 1Twister

The coaches will make that call...I really dont care who starts ...I'll trust the decision they make .Oh , because they are with them 5 days a week at practice.........Just dont believe any Richmond coach would PROMISE a kid he would start.....Go Raiders......nuff said......
This post was edited on 11/15 7:34 PM by Deana_King

I would luv to have that infomation as an opposing coach , even if it was on the ride down to Richmond...Any way good answer Twist...Just remember wether it is true or not , lets not give any infomation away that might help the opposing team in any way....
Originally posted by 1Twister:
Originally posted by raiderstud:
Perhaps you are right and I don't normally put out that kind of info but if they are reading the message boards on mid day Friday and change their game plan from what they read on here, we shouldn't have much to worry about. And I do believe I said most likely. For all I know Luke will start.

BTW, my info came from public sources not insider. I haven't a clue who will play or not. Check out the first two posts of this thread for the same info.
This post was edited on 11/14 3:55 PM by 1Twister
Thanks Twist ...U know I'm right...Wether its true or not , lets not give any information to the opposing team that might help change the outcome of the game....I would luv to know something like that on the bus ride down....The coaches are all together....Live and Learn...Forgiven...Go Raiders...nuff said.....

dcov33, I have read your post a lot and I will go on record not to bash any coach but I will tell you as a supporter and parent that Tyler is not the only one that people in Richmond County are asking questions about and shaking their heads. Do I have the answers? NO!!!! I will tell you that Tyler is a GREAT kid as he has been with my family on numerous occasions and you will not find a more respectful kid, and as my opinon,he has not gotten a fair shake since last year. I don't want to hear about the mistakes he makes in practice when I know for a fact that he doesn't get the time invested in him as he should to work with him. You also have to take into account what has been done to this kids confidence.

I can understand, I was in Tyler same shoes and I actually quit the team my junior year. That was a bad mistake on my part.

Originally posted by BlackKnightNut:
You guys know your team won 53-7, right?
BKN don't come on here reminding us of the travesty last night you are probably a Scotland shill anyway. The Richmond coaches are obviously stupid and don't know much about football and you are blind if you can't see that. The score from last night could have been respectable if the so called coaches would listen to all the disgruntled parents and fans and play the real talent on the team. But no we Raider fans have to suffer all year long watching the sub par team they put on the field each week. So don't come on here rubbing in a 46 point victory we don't want to hear your crap.

This post was edited on 11/15 7:37 PM by araiderfan

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by araiderfan:
Originally posted by BlackKnightNut:
You guys know your team won 53-7, right?
BKN don't come on here reminding us of the travesty last night you are probably a Scotland shill anyway. The Richmond coaches are obviously stupid and don't know much about football and you are blind if you can't see that. The score from last night could have been respectable if the so called coaches would listen to all the disgruntled parents and fans and play the real talent on the team. But no we Raider fans have to suffer all year long watching the sub par team they put on the field each week. So don't come on here rubbing in a 46 point victory we don't want to here your crap.
.......LOL.....

Originally posted by dcov33:
I can understand, I was in Tyler same shoes and I actually quit the team my junior year. That was a bad mistake on my part.
d33 , when you played what players were you better than that played your position that kept u off the field...What years did u play......Good job of admitting to quitting the team was a bad decision on your part your junior year....nuff said

This post was edited on 11/15 11:02 PM by raiderstud

Back to the original thread point. I hope Luke is good to go the rest of the way but I will say that Zeigler did a fantastic job last night. He is a tremendous asset for the Raiders and I expect him to give Luke a great battle for the starting position next year.

OMG.......I see why they started Ziegler last night. That kid was as impressive QB I've seen in a long time. He was precision perfect on his pitches, hand-offs and passes. Wow!!

Go Raiders!!

I understand that Ziegler started but who relieved him later in the game, was it Tyler?

@Raiderstud my brother started over me. In 97 he was bumped up from JV my senior year and got in the game before I did. I just hope this young my just finds the inner strength and keep trying and maybe he will find a position suitable for his athletic ability.

Well said d33...I bet that was hard to swallow...That was the State CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR...That group had some very GOOD players...nuff said..

At that time it was but it taught me a value lesson, it taught me not to ever give up on anything, if I desire to have something in life I have to work hard for it, and in life I will always face adversity and how would I respond in the future;Will I be a corward and quit or will I fight to the end.

That's the way it should be ....Football teaches some hard lessons in life ..., But they are lessons learned that will make us all a better and stronger person in REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES...nuff said...

Yes Luke will be back at QB tonight and totally agree for one he haven't done anything to lose his spot! Leon filled in because Luke was injured but he's back and ready to go! As far as Tyler he will be ready to do what is ask for him to do! Yes he is a good athlete but a even better person. He is one humbled young man and a God fearing one at that! I applaud Tyler Calhoun for being strong and still participating and staying together with his team and continue to support them on this road to the championship! By saying all of this that tells me he will definitely have a bright future in Jesus name! Some ppl just don't know what players go through when they leave practice or after a game. They see its more than life than football! Just want to say whatever God has for you to do you will do it and do it well! Whether its QB, WR, DB or kicker! Sometimes we try to force ourselves in situations and mess up when God saying that's why you messing up cause that's not my purpose for you! Now on today's agenda is Millbrook and want to say good luck to the raiders and everyone have a productive and blessed day!

Psalms 3:3 But thou, o Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT