ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like No Football Season

I can see accommodations made and people move for sports all the time. Who knows

Reactions: UNC91
Lot of misinformation on this thread, which is really unfortunate. Take action, mods.
It kills me to say it, but I think the season should be cancelled. School groups, and especially sports teams, have the potential to be super-spreaders and the benefits don't outweigh the risks in my view.
Are you willing to take the chance that your kid, God forbid, will be among the ones to suffer fatal complications? Are you willing to take the chance that your kid, even if he stays healthy, gives the virus to someone else in your family who will not stay healthy? No, the coronavirus is NOT like the flu. It is much more dangerous.

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

Wear your dang mask and slow the spread so we can have sports again.
The governor went against the constitution and the Bible. Thats the facts. He was corrected by a judge, but his intention was clear.
Lot of misinformation on this thread, which is really unfortunate. Take action, mods.
It kills me to say it, but I think the season should be cancelled. School groups, and especially sports teams, have the potential to be super-spreaders and the benefits don't outweigh the risks in my view.
Are you willing to take the chance that your kid, God forbid, will be among the ones to suffer fatal complications? Are you willing to take the chance that your kid, even if he stays healthy, gives the virus to someone else in your family who will not stay healthy? No, the coronavirus is NOT like the flu. It is much more dangerous.
So you ask the mods to step in when opinions and or facts disagree with you? Lol

Your asking mods to step in because of misinformation???? Hell ive seen it all now. Please enlighten us on every fact about coronavirus.....

Actually I have a upcoming Junior athlete that I want to see go to school and get to experience her high school years instead of sit at home on a computer. That age group is more capable to fight this virus than is the work force that is working in this. LIVE!!!!

From what I can find 7.4% is the death rate of the flu for 2019-2020 and Covid is well under 1%

Here is a example for some thought. AOC called for a boycott of goya and it backfired. Why, you might ask? The liberal voters are not the working class normal people. But those of us who are wont let their dividing actions work. The conservatives are not being divisive. The liberals carry that banner

Or here's a thought - how about we limit discussion of this virus to how it affects high school football and all stop acting like people who aren't scientists but stayed at a holiday inn last night?

Man, you know things are bad when "mountain folk" start arguing politics. Dang, this world is facing crazy times and not sure we will make it. However, I do hope sports start soon and let the kids get back to as much normal as possible. But with the leadership in the state (top to bottom) it is highly doubtful. The one thing I have seen is our leadership across the state is so scared to make a decision. Make a decision, stick with it and let's move on.

Sorry buddy. Let the emotions get the best of me. My sons have kids, what happens when there is no school? Who will watch the kids? 90% of families live paycheck to paycheck, now add in no school. Imagine these kids with no internet in some areas and the state expects them to do their work. When I was in school early 80's, half or 3/4 males only came to school to play sports.

Things must of changed in the 80s. I went to school in the 70s and all us males went to school for the GIRLS and the sports.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Things must of changed in the 80s. I went to school in the 70s and all us males went to school for the GIRLS and the sports.

Ha where I came from, didnt have time for the girls. There wasnt food in the house, power cut off every month. When you face stuff like this, you have one goal in life, get your mother and sisters out of the projects, so would grind in the classroom and on the field to reach that goal.

I seen my Dr walking in town Monday on his lunch break I suppose, and he was without mask.

No one says you have to wear a mash if you're walking by yourself .I do that all the time.But when I am around people ,grocery shopping,hardware store ect. I wear one.Do you think that same doctor wears a mask in his office,mine does and so does his patients.I have noticed compared to several months ago a lot more are wearing masks.

Today it was announced we had a Pisgah football player test positive for the virus.

Last edited:
No one says you have to wear a mash if you're walking by yourself .I do that all the time.But when I am around people ,grocery shopping,hardware store ect. I wear one.Do you think that same doctor wears a mask in his office,mine does and so does his patients.I have noticed compared to several months ago a lot more are wearing masks.

Today it was announced we had a Pisgah football player test positive for the virus.

Need a link to put out info like this???? Please provide one

my kid plays elementary football they also have been told football is a no go .... but my other kid plays soccer and they start practice august 1st .... i dont understand how soccer can go .. no mask while on field playing but on sidelines they have to mask .. there is alot of contact in soccer & on almost every dead ball kids are coughing all over the place ....

Reactions: ohio tarheels
my kid plays elementary football they also have been told football is a no go .... but my other kid plays soccer and they start practice august 1st .... i dont understand how soccer can go .. no mask while on field playing but on sidelines they have to mask .. there is alot of contact in soccer & on almost every dead ball kids are coughing all over the place ....
Crappy world these days !

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT