ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like No Football Season

murphy1981

Aug 6, 2005
Friends. it looks like the powers that be will not let there be a football season this year.

It would be a waste to delay the season several weeks or even to move football to spring because covid-19 will still be active then.

We have become a very soft society afraid of our own shadow. Covid-19 is not going anywhere any time soon. We have to learn to go about our lives with it.

I think we may have seen the last of high school football forever because covid will always be here.

Way to over rationalize dude. They haven't even sat their fat butts in a chair to decide anything.. granted that's hard for them to do on anything properly. But they need time to do it.

HS Football isn't gonna die; hush it. Negativity like this is the last thing the kids need. They will find a cure for it and the world will move on. No one should cower to a disease.

I think some seniors that have already signed would skip a spring season. I would guess most colleges would push for them just to skip it. They would be on campus soon after.

I guess it depends on how good they are and what offers are on the table. I refuse to watch the NFL anymore and now my favorite, high school football, is doubtful for this year.

Well I was gonna watch the NFL but my team no longer exists to watch. #HTTR

Reactions: CherokeeKid
They gotta choose Spring football. A lot of money for other sports on the line. I think by then this mess will pass and a full season can be played.
If football is pushed to the spring I don’t think it will be a full season. Too many kids play multiple sports and it would devastate numerous programs by making kids choose. Que Tucker has also been adamant about giving fair and equal consideration to spring sports in the discussion to move fall sports to spring. The logistics would be almost impossible to run full seasons of fall and spring sports at the same time (travel, field sharing, etc). Colleges could do it, but not high schools. Yes football is the money maker, but if all season are abbreviated then football doesn’t have to raise as much for everyone. I think we have football for the 2020-2021 year - it’ll either be a shortened fall season or a shortened season sometime in the spring.

I think we could see a winter season from January to February with 10-12 contest. Fall sports from March to April with 6-7 football games and 10-12 contest for other sports and late April to June for spring with the same contest total. Maybe 14 games max. Conference only. Have a conference championship somehow and no state championships.

If football is pushed to the spring I don’t think it will be a full season. Too many kids play multiple sports and it would devastate numerous programs by making kids choose. Que Tucker has also been adamant about giving fair and equal consideration to spring sports in the discussion to move fall sports to spring. The logistics would be almost impossible to run full seasons of fall and spring sports at the same time (travel, field sharing, etc). Colleges could do it, but not high schools. Yes football is the money maker, but if all season are abbreviated then football doesn’t have to raise as much for everyone. I think we have football for the 2020-2021 year - it’ll either be a shortened fall season or a shortened season sometime in the spring.
If football is in the spring, football will keep all the players they have because it is what schools like Mount Airy, East Surry, Mitchell, Swain, Murphy, Robbinsville, Taroboro just to name a few live for and the other spring sports will miss a year or have a small attendance. Just look at what fans each sport draws and you have the answer. Football supports all the other sports. These kids live for football and spring sports is something to do for fun in the spring. If football is in the spring, just hide and watch.

East Surry is a baseball school that's been consistent in football. If they have to choose, a few would choose baseball.

East Surry is a baseball school that's been consistent in football. If they have to choose, a few would choose baseball.
I dough that. football rules in this part of the country. Would you wager the loser pays a lunch bill that no player that is a starter will play anything but football at ES ? I will cover this bet for a not over $20.00 for both meals at a fast food place. I will even go for 13 Bones. Football Rulls !

I dough that. football rules in this part of the country. Would you wager the loser pays a lunch bill that no player that is a starter will play anything but football at ES ? I will cover this bet for a not over $20.00 for both meals at a fast food place. I will even go for 13 Bones. Football Rulls !

13 Bones it is.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Robbinsville football would be without I starter atleast. Wrestling is a big deal here.

Man we have became soft as hell in this state. This whole fake covidflu will not stop normal fall season. Stop reading into the bs on the tv damnnnnnnnn. 0.000000000002 of the population in NC has died from this covidflu. More people died in one month from the flu last year compared to the 6 months of this media pushed virus. Its election year people open your damn eyes. The goverement is seeing how far they can push the normal human. Wearing the mask is worst for you then no mask..... docs have stated many of times. Being in the house all day is horrible for the mind body and soul AND THIS is what the government wants you to do. Football season should be full schedule and ready to roll. SWO has been practicing for weeks and looking good. Onslow Co schools will head back to school beginning next month. You girl scouts that are scared to leave the house will have a chance to watch the games via internet.

Dude more people have died from this in 5 months than the last 3 flu seasons combined.

Please man do your research, stop watching the fake media show. The whole USA news companies are given main topics DAILY to speak about. Go visit 10 hospitals and ask them if the data you protray is true, they will laugh you out the door. As i said before. 000000000002 have died in NC. More died last year in one month for the flu then have in six months with this covidflu. Plus during last six months, if you habe pre-existing health issues and you pass over, they count it as covidflu death. Nursing homes WITH OLDDDDDD people are the worst. Simple man if you'll cant see through this bs, not sure how you will ever leave your house again

Im not sure how the media can even report numbers about the fly as according to the CDC, the flu is not even a reportable disease in the US. I am also not convinced that the death rates and even positive results are even close to accurate.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
I've done my research. Even if 20% of the deaths are skewed, that is still over 100,000!

Please provide your proof of all of that if you've done your research.

Meanwhile, but yes, a worldwide pandemic is a lie. It's all fake.

Leave your potty mouth out of the conversation.

Sorry buddy. Let the emotions get the best of me. My sons have kids, what happens when there is no school? Who will watch the kids? 90% of families live paycheck to paycheck, now add in no school. Imagine these kids with no internet in some areas and the state expects them to do their work. When I was in school early 80's, half or 3/4 males only came to school to play sports.

Reactions: PBBear51
I've done my research. Even if 20% of the deaths are skewed, that is still over 100,000!

Worldwide pandemic hahah did you see it on the news when the protest hit the streets..... thousand of people on the streets no mask no social distancing and no one dying on the streets from this *worldwide pandemic*. Please man I love all humans, but dang man, you have to understand there is a RACE WAR AND CLASS WAR going on to divide us.

Facts

In 4 months during pandemic
- 29 Americans became billionaires
- Over 17 Million Americans lost their health insurance
-50 million Americans filed unemployment
-Billionaires increased their wealth by 700 Billions
-US households lost some 7.3 TRILLIONS in wealth

America is an oligarchy

We have to come together as one man beacuse believe me no one on this site is making billions off this *worldwide pandemic*. Ive had to move closer to my sons to help them out. Im blessed to be able to do this. We as humans have to look at the bigger picture please.

Man we have became soft as hell in this state. This whole fake covidflu will not stop normal fall season. Stop reading into the bs on the tv damnnnnnnnn. 0.000000000002 of the population in NC has died from this covidflu. More people died in one month from the flu last year compared to the 6 months of this media pushed virus. Its election year people open your damn eyes. The goverement is seeing how far they can push the normal human. Wearing the mask is worst for you then no mask..... docs have stated many of times. Being in the house all day is horrible for the mind body and soul AND THIS is what the government wants you to do. Football season should be full schedule and ready to roll. SWO has been practicing for weeks and looking good. Onslow Co schools will head back to school beginning next month. You girl scouts that are scared to leave the house will have a chance to watch the games via internet.
You're an idiot if you still think this is a hoax.No time in recent history has this many people died with flu in 5 months ,no time. If you went to UNC you damn sure never learned anything.

You're an idiot if you still think this is a hoax.No time in recent history has this many people died with flu in 5 months ,no time. If you went to UNC you damn sure never learned anything.

Dude open your closed mind please. This is media pushed extremely overblown. Go speak to any doc, he will tell you wearing a mask is worse then not wearing one. I stated above how the billionaires are making billions and everyday people like us, are LOSING TRILLIONS. IF you think this is real please don't leave the house. Stop watching fox news and cnn

Reactions: Gentle Knight
You dont think he will start?
Or are you saying ge will choose football over wrestling? Not going happen.
Are you saying foitball and wrestling will be at separate times like normal?

For what it’s worth Virginia has already announced they will not play football this fall. They will decide on July 27 between 3 options:

Option 1: only cross country and golf in the fall
Option 2: swap spring sports (except lacrosse) with fall sports
Option 3: winter sports run Dec 14-Feb 20 (Dec.28 first playing date); fall sports run Feb15-May 1 (March1 first playing date); spring sports run Apr12-June26 (Apr.26 first playing date).

No word on what the shortened seasons would look like - playoffs, no playoffs, number of games, etc. My money says Virginia goes with Option 3 or 2. I also think NC will do something similar.

I can see why people are scared, especially when Florida reported a 98 percent positive when it was more like 9 percent. The health workers I spoke to at the hospital says they ate wearing masks because they have to....

You dont think he will start?
Or are you saying ge will choose football over wrestling? Not going happen.
Are you saying foitball and wrestling will be at separate times like normal?
He will choose football..if we are talking about the same person

I can see why people are scared, especially when Florida reported a 98 percent positive when it was more like 9 percent. The health workers I spoke to at the hospital says they ate wearing masks because they have to....
The news said last night that the number of 98% was wrong because a large percentage of the testing centers only reported people that tested positive and negative was not reported. 98% would have shut down the whole State and borders would be closed leaving and entering Florida.

Friends. it looks like the powers that be will not let there be a football season this year.

It would be a waste to delay the season several weeks or even to move football to spring because covid-19 will still be active then.

We have become a very soft society afraid of our own shadow. Covid-19 is not going anywhere any time soon. We have to learn to go about our lives with it.

I think we may have seen the last of high school football forever because covid will always be here.

I’m a middle school coach and it’s almost a sure thing we will not be playing. The HS coaches I know are going on as best they can with the hand they have been dealt, but they don’t think there will be a season.

Regardless of what happens this year, there will be football later.

For what it’s worth Virginia has already announced they will not play football this fall. They will decide on July 27 between 3 options:

Option 1: only cross country and golf in the fall
Option 2: swap spring sports (except lacrosse) with fall sports
Option 3: winter sports run Dec 14-Feb 20 (Dec.28 first playing date); fall sports run Feb15-May 1 (March1 first playing date); spring sports run Apr12-June26 (Apr.26 first playing date).

No word on what the shortened seasons would look like - playoffs, no playoffs, number of games, etc. My money says Virginia goes with Option 3 or 2. I also think NC will do something similar.
I’d vote for option 3... Shorten season and then playoffs of some sort!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT