ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like next years anson vs richmond game is no more

That's what gits me... What do you prove by crossing the state line? The game is still the same. Rules are still the same. Just something to brag about. Why can't Richmond play M.C. in non-conference play? Weve played Butler and others... why keep waiting and hoping that it turns out that way in the playoffs.? It may never happen. I think it's a matchup that nearly all football fanatics want to see... Leave South Carolina with their dream teams...We have teams just as good or better right here in N.C. I still say ( certainly school size matters) but I'd like to see maybe start the seasons with 3a champs vs. 4a, or at least lettemhave at it...so what. You might be surprised. I said it before...same game, same rules...lettum play.

That's what gits me... What do you prove by crossing the state line? The game is still the same. Rules are still the same. Just something to brag about. Why can't Richmond play M.C. in non-conference play? Weve played Butler and others... why keep waiting and hoping that it turns out that way in the playoffs.? It may never happen. I think it's a matchup that nearly all football fanatics want to see... Leave South Carolina with their dream teams...We have teams just as good or better right here in N.C. I still say ( certainly school size matters) but I'd like to see maybe start the seasons with 3a champs vs. 4a, or at least lettemhave at it...so what. You might be surprised. I said it before...same game, same rules...lettum play.

I disagree, maybe that's why Richmond fell off for so long and the other schools raised their level of play. Because exposure to something outside your comfort zone and your little bubble improves the team and the program. Not saying the entire schedule shoud be full of challenges, but one or two here and there can only improve and prepare you for the season and playoffs.

I disagree, maybe that's why Richmond fell off for so long and the other schools raised their level of play. Because exposure to something outside your comfort zone and your little bubble improves the team and the program. Not saying the entire schedule shoud be full of challenges, but one or two here and there can only improve and prepare you for the season and playoffs.

It was more of a drop off in talent than anything.

from 1999-2018 the Raiders were 216 wins and 35 losses for a winning percentage of about 86%

In Richmond County anything less that a State Title is a bust according to some fans. I'm sure many team across the state would like to have a 86% winning percentage and 1 State title in the past 20 years.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
That's what gits me... What do you prove by crossing the state line? The game is still the same. Rules are still the same. Just something to brag about. Why can't Richmond play M.C. in non-conference play? Weve played Butler and others... why keep waiting and hoping that it turns out that way in the playoffs.? It may never happen. I still say ( certainly school size matters) but I'd like to see maybe start the seasons with 3a champs vs. 4a, or at least lettemhave at it...so what.

I prefer to see as many different matchups as possible. Would I rather see MC v Richmond or Dutch Fork or Gaffney or Byrnes? Not even close, the SC teams. If RC and MC are good enough I will get to see them play in the post season.

I really liked the Scotland v Mallard Creek matchup! Definite different playoff brackets and two powerhouses.

Richmond v Cardinal Gibbons, Dudley, are great examples.

I am not interested in a required matchup of last season’s state champs to play another one. It sounds great in theory but is not so simple. One team may have improved while the other could have graduated an impressive senior class. Other factors such as geography and scheduling go into play. If a team signs a two year deal fir the first game of the season but wins a state title they need to break the contract leaving the other team scrambling. What if that is their big gate game?

Scheduling is not as simple as many think. A lot of juggling and head scratching involved.

Oh well...what do I know? Go down there an play to an unofficial TIE...That's great... Let's eat some Turkey, guess we'll never know... We can always disagree. Happy Thanksgiving..and GO RAIDERS.

Oh well...what do I know? Go down there an play to an unofficial TIE...That's great... Let's eat some Turkey, guess we'll never know... We can always disagree. Happy Thanksgiving..and GO RAIDERS.

There's alot of fresh organic wild turkey walking around down there in SC.:D Reminds me I need to get a bigger freezer.

Go ahead and take a swipe at two teams that stepped up for a huge game that was televised nationally. The tie was the sensible thing to do! Just like Richmond and New Bern in the first game of 2008. That tie was because the coaches agreed to not play OT which I am fine with in a non conference game if that is what they wish to do.

I have always written I do not care who teams play. That is up to the coach determining what is best for his team. I am fine with the schedule Richmond has played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT