ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like next years anson vs richmond game is no more

RAIDERS2014

Aug 15, 2014
Anson high school football team is looking for an opponent (8/28) week 2 of the 2020 season. If interested contact HC Ralph Jackson at jackson.ralph@anson.k12.nc.us

means we are looking for a week 2 game also it seems

Well, I dont think they ever had much of a chance. Did they ever beat Richmond?

Who would you all like to see us play in thier place?

If the teams are in 4AA and they are good enough they will meet so MC and MP are not as huge for me as a matchup with a strong SC school or a smaller classification NC school, I would like to see Richmond v East Forsyth, Dudley, Catholic, Weddington, Shelby or any team that is state title contender in 3A. If one of the Charlotte Big Four privates gets it rolling again that could be a good matchup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
I was hoping this would happen. The only good thing to come out of this game would be the money at the gate.

Tbh
I would honestly like our non conference schedule to be the # 1 toughest team from 4 different conferences . Just to see what they need to work on early in the season

It’s a good thing with no real upside for us. I think next year we would be well positioned to play one of those SC teams. You have to pick the right years with the caliber of some of those teams.

Maybe a good South Carolina team .. You listening Coach Knotts

Dutch Fork is a good matchup. On a Friday afternoon I expect it would take close to three hours to get to DF. Very doable but there are some other good matchups possibly closer.

Dillon would be a good matchup due to only being an hour drive and a solid program. Rock Hill South Pointe. Gaffney and Byrnes 2.5 to three hours but great support and facilities with fans that will travel.

If the teams are in 4AA and they are good enough they will meet so MC and MP are not as huge for me as a matchup with a strong SC school or a smaller classification NC school, I would like to see Richmond v East Forsyth, Dudley, Catholic, Weddington, Shelby or any team that is state title contender in 3A. If one of the Charlotte Big Four privates gets it rolling again that could be a good matchup.
Game
EF and Richmond would be a good game to watch , neither team would get blown out

Reactions: Veejay4
I hope we get the biggest, baddest, gall dangdestt team in Virginia in a two year deal and fix it so we could be tied in the 4th quarter, and stop the game so we could take all that money and never know the truth.... GO RAIDERS...

Think Richmond - Byrnes would be a dynamite home and home.

We better make this happen while we have Hood and crew. I do commend MCreek for taking on SC’s best. Gotta respect that. They have represented well. I think we can compete next year and would like to see it. South Carolina’s best is no joke, but we have proven we can play some football in NC.

Reactions: btango
I hope we get the biggest, baddest, gall dangdestt team in Virginia in a two year deal and fix it so we could be tied in the 4th quarter, and stop the game so we could take all that money and never know the truth.... GO RAIDERS...
I was born and raised in Richmond, Va. You’d want Highland Springs from the Richmond area. They’ve currently won 40 straight and are seeking their fourth straight Div 5 state title. They played Page this season and meet them again next season.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I would have like to seen Richmond play county day this year to see if any one can catch that Q. Copper that boy has moves he is fast , he reminds me of Norman Whitney that use to play for Richmond, it has really surprise me that no other team from Charlotte didn’t try to recruit him, But nobody from Charlotte really talks about him

Call names

If the 2020 Raiders aren't as good as the 2019 Raiders, then I would suggest you be smart about it? Mess around and play Dutch Fork and get Forked...lol... but if the 2020 Raiders are as good or better than the 2019 team (and I know the RC fans are going to say yes of course) then I say go for it.

Reactions: Raider7967
J/k about picking an opponent. I'll leave that to the school and coaches. I think an out of state opponent might be good. I dont think Marlboro wants a game.

Ive never seen Richmond play a strong out of state opponent the caliber and level of opponents that MC and Indy used to take on. Even Shelby has taken on tougher out of state competition(ie Rock Hill South Pointe, Gaffney)

Yeah why wouldn’t he be ?
It’s hard for me to believe that Maye is the whole team and without him they wouldn’t win against a top team . what type of message is that sending to the rest of the Myers park team ? It is really aggravating when someone gives all the credit to one person on the team

It’s hard for me to believe that Maye is the whole team and without him they wouldn’t win against a top team . what type of message is that sending to the rest of the Myers park team ? It is really aggravating when someone gives all the credit to one person on the team
He’s the engine that makes the whole machine run, like Hood is for Richmond.

They just refuse to run the ball, which was their Achilles heel last year against Vance. Once they shut down the passing game, they have nothing else happening on offense. As great as their WR’s may be. Gotta have a QB to distribute the ball.

Pick one them SC Teams, MB, DF, Dillon, Gaffney, or schedule another Meck county school MC, MP, Maybe EF, West F. Till will go for it, I’m sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT