ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back 2005 Asheville High Cougars

trooper0080

Nov 14, 2013
In 2005 the cougars were loaded with star-studded talent. Crezdon Butler ATH who went on and starred at Clemson. Johnny White went on to Chapel Hill and Kadeem morgan went on to western. Eventually butler and white both went on to have pro careers in the NFL while morgan played a year with the Calgary Stampede. along with Rahkeem Morgan and Neville Hayes. Beat a really good western Alamance team that year to win the title. And Danny Wilkins was the mastermind behind the puzzle. The MAC was loaded with talent and the cougars beat the likes of AC Reynolds, TC Roberson, Franklin, Freedom, High point Andrews. The schedule was brutal and never had a blemish. Asheville High stadium on an October Friday night in 2005 was like none other in the whole state. The scenic back view and the beautiful mountain skies made it even more special! This is what makes high school football so special and I'm glad we will have it back soon !

Johnny white and crezdon butler were the two best players Danny Wilkins ever had and they just so happened to be in the same class. In my opinion, the 05 team wasn’t even the best team he ever had.

Leonard Little and Craig King's team was pretty damn good! I think that was Lou Fogle still then though right?

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Asheville stadium seats a ton. Even when it doesnt look full there is still a good crowd. I've been to several games at Asheville including in 2005 against TW Andrew's. Beautiful backdrop at the high. I love Owen's stadium of course but Asheville is hard to beat too

Reactions: BK13T-$
Anyone of the Asheville area, what would be the best game that has been played between Asheville High and Asheville Reynolds.

Anyone of the Asheville area, what would be the best game that has been played between Asheville High and Asheville Reynolds.
1999. Asheville wins 16-14. Petie Scarborough sets Asheville single game receiving record with 252 receiving yards handing Reynolds their only loss of the season. Reynolds and Asheville would both play in the state championship game with Reynolds winning.

2002, Reynolds beats Asheville 14-13 on a late touchdown pass.

2003 Asheville beats Reynolds 31-24 on a hook and ladder play on 4th and 6 with 1 min remaining.

2005 Asheville beats Reynolds 13-9 on a late touchdown by Johnny white, beginning ashevilles 15 game winning streak and state championship season.

2007. Asheville beats Reynolds by overcoming two 14 point deficits to win 35-28 in double overtime.

2008 Reynolds beats Asheville 17-10

2011. Asheville beats Reynolds 35-29 after being down 29-0 midway through the second quarter.

2012. Asheville beats Reynolds 34-30 by scoring an 80 yard touchdown pass with under a min to play.

some really great games over the years.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT