ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the 4A this fall

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Since there will be only 4A and no 4AA who will be the top 4A teams to compete for the title. Maybe too early say at this point. I’m sure teams like Vance, Butler, East Forsyth, possibly Mallard Creek, Richmond Co. and Myers Park in the conversation. Any thoughts about any other teams that will have a chance for the 4A title.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Since there will be only 4A and no 4AA who will be the top 4A teams to compete for the title. Maybe too early say at this point. I’m sure teams like Vance, Butler, East Forsyth, possibly Mallard Creek, Richmond Co. and Myers Park in the conversation. Any thoughts about any other teams that will have a chance for the 4A title.
DH Conley, New Bern, Rolesville will be tough outs in the East. Rolesville returns a lot of guys but they need to get better in the off-season via the weight room. New Bern returns a ton of talent and experience this Fall -- will be better than they were this Spring, IMO. Should be fun.

Think your gonna have to have Hough in there. Probably the best QB returning in the state and one of the best Dlineman.

Yeah I forgot about Hough. Also wandering how Grimsley will look this season. Also I got to get use to calling Vance, JL Chambers.

Think your gonna have to have Hough in there. Probably the best QB returning in the state and one of the best Dlineman.
Hough DL Curtis Neal was injured during the Vance game, Per his Twitter account. I don’t believe he’s returning.

Hough DL Curtis Neal was injured during the Vance game, Per his Twitter account. I don’t believe he’s returning.
Mmmm. I never say or look for a player to get hurt...especially in HS...but the media and social media bulletin board material he was throwing out...can't say I was surprised he had a target on his back.

MT Tabor will move back up to 4A. They lose alot of their star players, but what will they have returning? Do they have any good players coming up from the JVs?

There are several 3A teams moving up that will be in the mix. Mount Tabor, Weddington, Cleveland to name a few. In fact the past few seasons the 3AA west was a much more difficult than the 4A west. East Forsyth would NOT have won their two titles if they had to play Weddington.

MT Tabor will move back up to 4A. They lose alot of their star players, but what will they have returning? Do they have any good players coming up from the JVs?
I imagine that Tabor will be ready to go this fall. They still have a lot of talent coming back including the MVP of the 3AA title game. We will find out early. They open up with Richmond Co.

There are several 3A teams moving up that will be in the mix. Mount Tabor, Weddington, Cleveland to name a few. In fact the past few seasons the 3AA west was a much more difficult than the 4A west. East Forsyth would NOT have won their two titles if they had to play Weddington.

I don’t know if that’s a definite

Reactions: UNC91
Hoggard played with Rolesville for 3 quarters this year, but 6 turnovers did them in. Hoggard will be returning almost all their O and D line, RBs, TE, Def backs and a QB that split time over the past two seasons. They are thin at the WR spot. They bring in a lot of very nice pieces from a good JV team. This will be a very good team and a dangerous team. They can run it and throw it and are always good of defense and special teams.

Interested to see Weddington. They lose I think all their DBs, a really solid QB and several linemen. Their JV team was solid, but not at the level it was past couple years. They’ll probably run through their conference, but come playoff time it’ll be interesting.

Yeah, not sure about the EF thing. Far more athletic than Weddington but I do think Shipley and that Oline were very good

I see Wake Forest, Panther Creek, Middle Creek, Grimsley and Cardinal Gibbons being overlooked in the East. All of those teams were junior heavy if I recall. I would not write them off. Especially the two from the Championship game. Wake got better as season went on and took Rolesville to overtime in regional final. I think Grimsley and Gibbons return QBs amd most of receiving Corp and defense. Also Richmond was junior heavy too if they stay East. I think East is more open than west where Vance and Hough sit

I see Wake Forest, Panther Creek, Middle Creek, Grimsley and Cardinal Gibbons being overlooked in the East. All of those teams were junior heavy if I recall. I would not write them off. Especially the two from the Championship game. Wake got better as season went on and took Rolesville to overtime in regional final. I think Grimsley and Gibbons return QBs amd most of receiving Corp and defense. Also Richmond was junior heavy too if they stay East
CG will still be good but will have to replace #2 (best offensive player), #95 (best defensive player), #12 and #70, #71 on the OL plus a few other kids. 4A East should be fun this upcoming year.

I see Wake Forest, Panther Creek, Middle Creek, Grimsley and Cardinal Gibbons being overlooked in the East. All of those teams were junior heavy if I recall. I would not write them off. Especially the two from the Championship game. Wake got better as season went on and took Rolesville to overtime in regional final. I think Grimsley and Gibbons return QBs amd most of receiving Corp and defense. Also Richmond was junior heavy too if they stay East. I think East is more open than west where Vance and Hough sit
I think Grimsley Is in the west, right?

Wake Forest did improve, but taking Rolesville to overtime in the playoffs is not the proof you should point to. Rolesville's offensive dominated again in the first quarter up until their QB went down in the early 2nd quarter.

Wake Forest's offense did better vs Rolesville's defense compared to the first match up. Rolesville not being able to move the ball or score post injury significantly helped Wake Forest. Their offense is designed to drag and ware you out - which is what they got when Rolesville was 3 and out almost every possession after the injury.

Wake Forest did have chances to win the game - but again it took Rolesville's most impactful player being severely injured. That's a pretty weak example to say they improved

Oh Jesus, here we go again with that East Forsyth wouldn't have won if they played this team or that team. They won back to back State Championships with the rules set forth at the beginning of the season give them some respect

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT