ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Longtime Eastern Randolph Legion Supporter Roger Whitehead Passes Away

thekidd12

Feb 17, 2015
Longtime Eastern Randolph legion supporter/reporter Roger Whitehead passed away on July 19 at his residence. Roger was 74.

Roger covered Randolph county baseball, especially Legion both Senior and Junior, as well as lots of other sports for many years. I have a clipping in a yellowing scrapbook where he wrote a large article about my Dixie youth team when I was 12. I am now almost 56. Roger followed Eastern Randolph legion teams all across the state, often riding on the team van. When I coached the junior legion for a couple of years he never missed a game. Recently he had spent quite a bit of time at Providence Grove High School, keeping stats and scorebooks.

Roger Whitehead will be missed in the ER/Providence Grove area very much.

Sorry to hear this news. Roger was someone I enjoyed seeing and talking to whenever we crossed paths. He will be missed. Condolences to the family.

@thekidd12 ...new coach at ER? EF and ER will play each other again in 2020 and moving forward I do believe
Yes sir. Previous coach promised them 2 years until his daughter entered 9th grade. She plays softball so would be difficult for him to watch her. Have not met the new HC yet but was told by a reliable source that I would like him.
This spring may be tough for ER as they graduated 9 seniors. JV had a very good year last season but will have to grow up fast.
If you make it down to Ramseur come up in press box. Announcer comes across as a jerk but I hear he's a nice guy.

Yes sir. Previous coach promised them 2 years until his daughter entered 9th grade. She plays softball so would be difficult for him to watch her. Have not met the new HC yet but was told by a reliable source that I would like him.
This spring may be tough for ER as they graduated 9 seniors. JV had a very good year last season but will have to grow up fast.
If you make it down to Ramseur come up in press box. Announcer comes across as a jerk but I hear he's a nice guy.

I actually know the HC very well and yes you will like him. ER comes to EF but we will head that way in 2021...we will be young as well

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT