ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton

jjames13

Nov 10, 2009
Heard that interviews start on Saturday??? Any truth?? Seems odd since the team could still be in the playoffs.

Jjames, I haven't heard anything. I've been working this week and that puts me out of touch with everything, around here.
Lincolnton poster 23Wolf, usually looks at the message boards in the morning.He is close to the program and might be able to give you an answer. Also, I looked at the local paper online and the school system's website and didn't see anything.

I'll see what I can dig up tonight. If rumors are true, at least one coach on the current staff is interested in the job. We have a tradition at Lincolnton of handing the reigns over to the next man up in the family. Since 1958, Lincolnton has had only three men at the helm of the football program. Where most teams will chase after that perfect coach every two or three years, we've been able to cultivate them within our program over the years. I for one hope that this never changes at LHS.

I heard that a iredell county coach interviewed on Saturday along with several others (not sure how many).....heard this from a parent, so not positive how true? Interesting job to me because of their success....but the pay difference from other counties seems like some good coaches might stay away.

Most schools select only about a half dozen coaches to interview. Most of the coaches are already known if they are in North Carolina. I see very little reason for the need to conduct more than 6 interviews for a job like Lincolnton. This is a prime job in a good community with access to other cities being very close. Lincolnton could have 60 or more applicants depending on how long they wish to wait to hire.

If you see a long wait and many, many interviews then you know they are definitely going outside the current staff. Almost every school that does an inside hire have made that decision before posting the job. Then they pick out a small number of applicants and run straight thru the process within few weeks.

Money may be a factor but with a tradition and a football driven town like Lincolnton they will be coming out of the woodwork. Coaches like to win, and five grand before taxes difference will not be enough to keep the best from applying for this job.

Originally posted by jjames13:
I heard that a iredell county coach interviewed on Saturday along with several others (not sure how many).....heard this from a parent, so not positive how true? Interesting job to me because of their success....but the pay difference from other counties seems like some good coaches might stay away.
I'd take Miller from SI in a heartbeat....

later!

I will say this it wasn't Miller. Wasn't even a current head coach. Coordinator and I can't get anyone else to confirm it. Any names???

If L-town goes the coordinator route then in my opinion that person is already on the staff....I would only hire outside the family if the applicant is a current successful head coach...I know L-town will still have plenty of talent after this year so whoever becomes head coach will have plenty to work with. Guess we'll see...

Later!

Originally posted by L-Town fan:
If L-town goes the coordinator route then in my opinion that person is already on the staff....I would only hire outside the family if the applicant is a current successful head coach...I know L-town will still have plenty of talent after this year so whoever becomes head coach will have plenty to work with. Guess we'll see...

Later!

I wouldn't completely agree with that but I think would have to be a very special coordinator.

I agree Cheerduck.Congratulations to Coach Sigmon and Coach Gibson. They have a lot of time invested in Lincolnton athletics. This didn't come as a surprise to us, here. We were pretty sure Coach Gibson would succeed Coach Cloninger. I know both will do well.

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
I agree Cheerduck.Congratulations to Coach Sigmon and Coach Gibson. They have a lot of time invested in Lincolnton athletics. This didn't come as a surprise to us, here. We were pretty sure Coach Gibson would succeed Coach Cloninger. I know both will do well.
I second this. Congrats to both!

Later!

Looks like the right choice has been achieved. The Lincolnton High family promotions leave a successful program totally in tact. No doubt the wins will continue to come. Congrats to both men on the promotions and may they have the same success as Coach Cloninger.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Looks like the right choice has been achieved. The Lincolnton High family promotions leave a successful program totally in tact. No doubt the wins will continue to come. Congrats to both men on the promotions and may they have the same success as Coach Cloninger.
Yes. Yes. Hope so. Agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT