ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton/ East Lincoln score updates

CHEERDUCK

Jun 5, 2001
Hickory, NC
Lincolnton 7

East Lincoln 7

Wolves drive opening kickoff to score with 6 minute drive. Mustangs score in one play to tie it.

Congrats to the East Lincoln Mustangs. Also congrats to the Lincolnton Wolves on a great season. Good luck to Coach Cloninger after a great career as one of the classiest guys in high school football. he will be missed by the faithful Lincolnton community.

sack - fumble - return for TD called back for (good grief, reallly ?) defensive holding was a killer. That was the play that would have changed the game for us...

East is goooood. I'm not sticking my neck out very far in saying this: there's your 2aa state champion.

Good luck the rest of the way...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I could not see from where I was standing what happened on the interception return for a touchdown by Lincolnton. That was to tie the game and keep East Lincoln off the next score. Can someone explain what happened?

DB on EL sideline held the receiver from going out for a pass pretty much from when the ball was snapped, flag was thrown early in the play and right at the LOS.

Thanks. New it wasn't questionable, just had a bad view from the scoreboard hill. I thought the refs did one of the better jobs I have seen this year.

The old saying, Stats are for losers, tells a story sometimes that we the fans can't believe even though we witnessed the game.

Did I hear, Lincolnton had 38+ minutes of possession time out of the 48 total? Anyone seeing just that stat would think that would be enough to win a ball game. I'm sure that number could be a record of some sort.

East Lincoln is that explosive !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT