ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln county outlook??

Burkeforreal

Aug 21, 2006
All the schools back together in conf play and in 2A. I'm sure North Lincoln is relieved, especially in football lol. I hadn't heard any posters so figured I'd start one and see what each team including Lincoln charter looks like for this season.

We (Lincolnton) lost our qb and his brother who was a linebacker and running to transfer, as well as our backup from last season deciding not to play to focus on basketball,so that is a blow but we have enough guys that should keep the show going. I went to a 7 on 7 against Alexander Central and Hunter Huss and was impressed with the showing we put on. We will be small but very fast as usual and our offensive line should be pretty solid this year. Pretty much expect your typical lincolnton team this season.

We (Lincolnton) lost our qb and his brother who was a linebacker and running to transfer, as well as our backup from last season deciding not to play to focus on basketball,so that is a blow but we have enough guys that should keep the show going. I went to a 7 on 7 against Alexander Central and Hunter Huss and was impressed with the showing we put on. We will be small but very fast as usual and our offensive line should be pretty solid this year. Pretty much expect your typical lincolnton team this season.
The last time we played Lincolnton they were huge upfront on the oline but the D line looked like small LB's with no size. Lincolnton always has skill people but like the other strong 2a schools their success is largely dependent on their size and talent on both lines.

I've never known Lincolnton to have any more than 2 or 3 down years in all and that's ones I've known of. I think West Lincoln had beaten them maybe grand total of 5 times or less? North Lincoln maybe once or twice? Long history that I don't know about that's why we have forums so the experts can chime in.

I'm figuring the usual- East and Lincolnton battle it out for first, West grabs a few wins from struggling opponents and North with no wins at all unless they play North Iredell and Bessemer city. No idea bout Lincoln charter.

East lost their qb and a very talented wr/db due to transfer. I believe they'll be a bit down but should still be in the conversation. As far as west and north go I don't really expect much out of either.

East lost their qb and a very talented wr/db due to transfer. I believe they'll be a bit down but should still be in the conversation. As far as west and north go I don't really expect much out of either.

Beam in 07' and 08' had a reign of talent at North and guys that could get things done. No major track stars at wideout or in the backfield but we're just fast enough to make some plays along with a few huskey guys on line. Can't blame him for going to Burns, he prob saw the drought coming and with exception of 14' it's been a drought ever since. No athletes feeding into the school or if one does come along they transfer to East or lincolnton. Kinda like in my neck of the woods, anyone with major potential at Hertiage middle school ends up at Freedom which hurts Draughn. Hildebran ICard area just don't have anything so EB will be the laughing stock of their new conf

Last edited:
Lincoln county always produces. Very blessed county when it comes to athletics. Expect a couple of contenders again this year.

N-C looks to be good this year I know we finished first or 2nd in the cam Newton 7 on 7 tournament as long as our defense shows up I could easily see a great battle for the conference championship

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
N-C looks to be good this year I know we finished first or 2nd in the cam Newton 7 on 7 tournament as long as our defense shows up I could easily see a great battle for the conference championship

A lot returning from last years NC team?

Nice to have info on Newton Conover but whats the outlook for the 4 Lincoln co teams?
Gonna be a down year in Lincoln County. I still expect Lincolnton or East to make a run in the playoffs but no title contenders this year. With Lincolnton from what I can see is that our QB situation hasn't been settled yet but look for Tyreke Hollis to win that job. We are probably gonna go back to a more run favored attack and I can assure you we will not be throwing it around the yard like last year. Losing Cordel to Roswell hurt us, along with his backup from last season Kris Robinson choosing not to play football to focus on basketball so were in a pretty sticky situation at QB. Our numbers are down as I only counted around 35 on the varsity, which isn't ideal. Our offensive line should be the strong point of the team with I think four of the starting five from last year back. Tyshawn Harris will be a nice player for us and should get most of the carries at running back. Despite the setbacks we have I still expect these boys to continue the Lincolnton standard, we have enough athletes back to the point where we should be able to push for a conference title and make a little run in the playoffs. You'll get your typical Lincolnton team with speed, but just not as much depth at the skill position as normal.

Gonna be a down year in Lincoln County. I still expect Lincolnton or East to make a run in the playoffs but no title contenders this year. With Lincolnton from what I can see is that our QB situation hasn't been settled yet but look for Tyreke Hollis to win that job. We are probably gonna go back to a more run favored attack and I can assure you we will not be throwing it around the yard like last year. Losing Cordel to Roswell hurt us, along with his backup from last season Kris Robinson choosing not to play football to focus on basketball so were in a pretty sticky situation at QB. Our numbers are down as I only counted around 35 on the varsity, which isn't ideal. Our offensive line should be the strong point of the team with I think four of the starting five from last year back. Tyshawn Harris will be a nice player for us and should get most of the carries at running back. Despite the setbacks we have I still expect these boys to continue the Lincolnton standard, we have enough athletes back to the point where we should be able to push for a conference title and make a little run in the playoffs. You'll get your typical Lincolnton team with speed, but just not as much depth at the skill position as normal.

Lincolnton has always carried the speed and talent. As far as the overall series with EL I'm sure the Wolves still own it by 12, 14 or more games. Always a great rivalry.

As far as the other two I had heard North put on a good show at their scrimmage as they have a QB with a pretty good arm. Does West have a new coach and some players to look out for? Lately they've been known to have some big RBs that can eat up yards up the middle but usually no blazing speed at skill positions.

Lincolnton has always carried the speed and talent. As far as the overall series with EL I'm sure the Wolves still own it by 12, 14 or more games. Always a great rivalry.

As far as the other two I had heard North put on a good show at their scrimmage as they have a QB with a pretty good arm. Does West have a new coach and some players to look out for? Lately they've been known to have some big RBs that can eat up yards up the middle but usually no blazing speed at skill positions.
From what I've heard about West Lincoln is that they will be a young team with around 5-10 seniors maybe. The offensive line for them is young and should be your typical hard nosed west lincoln offensive line. Also heard that they have a couple running backs that have a little bit more speed. Tom Saine is still the coach up there so you'll see the same old west lincoln offense as normal.

From what I've heard about West Lincoln is that they will be a young team with around 5-10 seniors maybe. The offensive line for them is young and should be your typical hard nosed west lincoln offensive line. Also heard that they have a couple running backs that have a little bit more speed. Tom Saine is still the coach up there so you'll see the same old west lincoln offense as normal.

Well that's cool. I wish the best for em' since they've always had the lesser athletes in the school than Lincolnton and East and sometimes North. Not knocking em, they could be a good team almost every year if the plays and the motivation is right.

I got a look at N-C last night vs Kings Mountain in a scrimmage game which ended in a 7-7 tie. I thought they looked pretty good against an athletic KM team. Baker at QB looked good throwing the ball and also running the ball on some scrambles. Stinson, the RB ran well. But I was most impressed with the defense holding KM to 7 in two quarters of action.

I agree that Lincoln County will be down this year. West and North will probably be improved but both Lincolnton and East Lincoln won't be as good as usual. If I had to choose a favorite for the conference right now I would say East Lincoln or Newton Conover.

FYI...There will be a Lincoln County Football show every Friday evening from 6:30 - 7:00 on WLON 1050AM during the football season. All games each Friday night that involve the Lincoln County teams (NL, WL, EL, and Lincolnton) will be previewed. Tune in if you can.

Also in connection with the show each week a Lincoln County Football Player of the Week will be chosen and the award (8 by 10 plaque) presented to the player at Tuesday practice.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I saw East Lincoln play last night against Stuart Cramer. They look solid on defense but offense is going struggle. QB wasn't very accurate, nice size WR. But couldn't get him the ball, almost got him knocked out on a slant.

Anyone actually see North play? I know there's a couple Lincolnton posters on here that hadn't been around a while or posted anything. Only heard North had a nice QB. But nothing else lol. Maybe this will be the year they kill the drought with EL. One win in the whole series and a 1 point loss a few years ago

Lincoln County week #1

East Lincoln vs. Forestview - East has struggled offensively in two scrimmages... Forestview looks big up front and athletic in the back field... could be a good match-up

Lincolnton vs. Stuart Cramer - Stuart Cramer looked big and the qb is a play maker, might be a good early test for Lincolnton. Lincolnton still has to solve some personnel issues, This will be a good indicator of how much work the wolves need to put in.

West Lincoln vs. Draughn - I don't know much about either team except West Lincoln is supposed to be an air raid team this year. Draughn is consistently sup-par.

North Lincoln has a bye, good opportunity to get ready for their week two match-up vs the Carolina Wildcats out of South Carolina.

Lincoln County week #1

East Lincoln vs. Forestview - East has struggled offensively in two scrimmages... Forestview looks big up front and athletic in the back field... could be a good match-up

Lincolnton vs. Stuart Cramer - Stuart Cramer looked big and the qb is a play maker, might be a good early test for Lincolnton. Lincolnton still has to solve some personnel issues, This will be a good indicator of how much work the wolves need to put in.

West Lincoln vs. Draughn - I don't know much about either team except West Lincoln is supposed to be an air raid team this year. Draughn is consistently sup-par.

North Lincoln has a bye, good opportunity to get ready for their week two match-up vs the Carolina Wildcats out of South Carolina.

Sounds like some decent games but not ones to run to if you had other plans. North having an early bye I guess we'll know the rest of season they'll have a game that night lol.

I don't know the series but seems Draughn always plays West very well no matter how down and sub par they may be. Being they lost one their players it's hard telling how they will play. Prayers going out to the community. Air raid??? West is a running team. Whatever works lol.

Don't know anything bout the rest of matchups other than looking like East will lose but Lincolnton should take care of business

our offense has been looking a little shaky so hopefully we will get that figured out before Friday against SC. our QB struggles to throw the ball, not sure the spread is going to work this season for us.

Only Lincoln county School that looked good tonight was west but east only loss by 1 so....

Only Lincoln county School that looked good tonight was west but east only loss by 1 so....

Will this be the year North actually takes Lincolnton for a 2nd or 3rd time in 12 or 13 years? Or pull one past East? Just curious as to what may happen according to the performance u guys saw.

its going to be a LONG season for my wolves... may be the worst Lincolnton team I've seen in a long long time

its going to be a LONG season for my wolves... may be the worst Lincolnton team I've seen in a long long time

Yeah it was a bit of a head scratcher. Maybe they'll tweek some things out. Lincolnton never stays down even in the worst of seasons. If the West Lincoln score is any indication they may be worried this year. That one will be close but Lincolnton will prevail. Should run over North. EL game- I couldn't tell ya. Prob lose in a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT