Lexington New HC

Discussion in '2A Football' started by BlueDevil1996, Jun 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BlueDevil1996

BlueDevil1996 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

2. ocdavis31

ocdavis31 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Now that will be a culture shock.

PrepFanNC and ITJ like this.
  3. PrepFanNC

PrepFanNC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The article in The Dispatch states that Lexington hit “rock bottom” last year. That is optimistic.

This guy is undoubtably a good coach. Unfortunately he has decided to add “coached A year or two in a train wreck situation” to his resume.

Slasher Killer likes this.
  4. Chris_Hughes

Chris_Hughes Well-Known Member
    Staff
    Expand Collapse

A good hire for Lexington, I'm impressed.

5. ocdavis31

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I hope he has asbestos drawers, because he’s sure jumping into a dumpster fire. New principal too, so that may help. But the folks above the school level will be a challenge.

PrepFanNC likes this.
  6. Vco

Vco Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The last two years and firing two coaches have absolutely embarrassed the Lexington school district and the community. This will play into Brown's hands! They were BASHED in the media and Reading about Themselves will always help you to understand who you really are verses who you THINK you are lol. This will 100% play in Brown's favor and they will be patient with him. He is a good solid coach and will make them better... how better... let's see lol

Slasher Killer and PrepFanNC like this.
  7. PrepFanNC

Expand Collapse

I really really hope you’re right. Those kids who live in Lexington deserve to play for an organization that is committed to giving them a beneficial experience. I don’t expect them to be playing for state championships anytime soon, but it sure would be nice if the students could get all the life lessons that we all learned from high school sports without having to look elsewhere.

Ooooner, Slasher Killer and UNC91 like this.
  8. Slasher Killer

Slasher Killer Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nice! Glad to see they took it seriously this time; last year they just went for a big name and it bit them in the butt. There is life after Holman for sure. West Caldwell ended their winless streak last year and Davie's doing good. Lexington will be fine..

Granted their program has been nuked and has got to be rebuilt but it's happened before and went well. This guy seems like a long term-er so I'm happy for them. The state of NC needs Lexington back to contenting again.

9. Doppleganger#

Doppleganger# Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully, the athletes will stay and not transfer to another program. And help Lexington build a program. It might take a couple of years, but i believe Lexington can do it.

10. Deranged1

Deranged1 Member
    Expand Collapse

They will do it if you can keep the North coaches from recruiting. I have seen it first hand.

11. Murpheel54

Murpheel54 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

In all fairness to ND, Lexington has pretty much been on a long slide into obscurity so kids with aspirations of playing for a winning program naturally look to move on - not a lot of recruiting necessary.

GoNtheDistance likes this.
  12. Doppleganger#

Doppleganger# Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This Coach will bring Championship pedigree to the Lexington program. I don't see programs like North Davidson or any other Davidson County team setting the world on fire in 2020. I would Suggest that the athletes at Lexington High to stick with the Yellow Jacket program. This Coach knows what it like to build a winning program.

13. TVILLEDAWG2370

TVILLEDAWG2370 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This is not always true...he could fail miserably or could use it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things...it’s not a givin he’s gonna do anything at Lexington

14. ocdavis31

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lexington’s path back to respectability begins with being competitive with Thomasville, their arch rival. They’ve lost 25 of the last 27 to the Bulldogs.

15. PrepFanNC

Expand Collapse

I remember hearing the “this coach will bring it back” argument last time.

I said I doubted it, but also hoped that I was wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn’t wrong.

I don’t doubt the abilities of Coach Brown. However, I do doubt literally dozens of moving parts that are our of his hands. Will LCS allow him to have some assistants that are ready to follow his lead? Will he get the support he needs from his administration, both in the school and in the administrative office? Will this extremely unproven school board give him the time he needs to put something together?

I’m going to say no.

I’m not from Missouri, but they’re gonna have to “Show Me”.

BlackKnightNut and ocdavis31 like this.
  16. BlackKnightNut

BlackKnightNut Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Lexington got a championship coach before and he left after two years. The city itself is a problem, along with admin.

No coach wants to stick around for that. Change starts at the top.

PrepFanNC likes this.