ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Football (face palm)

PrepFanNC

Oct 10, 2017
https://www.the-dispatch.com/sports/20200305/holman-out-at-lexington

Well, here they go again.

That collection of fools can’t get out of their own way.

Good hire or not, you don’t get rid of a football coach who has been tasked to rebuild a program after the first year.

That’s all folks. Lexington is officially a has-been. Never to be again.

For the record, and no disrespect to Coach Holman, I didn’t he was the right fit.
But out of COMPLETE disrespect to the LCS Board of Education, I don’t think anyone would fit into the pile of crap that they have created in the last few years.

Seriously. It’s a bigger issue than a head coach. Their middle school team, has struggled as of late (good news, they didn’t lose a game this year! - but they didn’t win one either).

Whomever has the guts to give this a go next year is going to always be looking over their shoulder, waiting for the knife to gut them.
Best case scenario... they win some games next year... New Coach’s stock value rises... and OFF he goes for a place who won’t fire him the next time they have a bad year.

The CCC is a different place now. There are 5 quality teams (ND, LED, OG, T’ville, SAL) Lexington probably will get kicked around next year, and likely will continue to until the realignment does whatever it does.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Seriously. It’s a bigger issue than a head coach. Their middle school team, has struggled as of late (good news, they didn’t lose a game this year! - but they didn’t win one either).

Sounds like they either tied every game or didn't have a middle school team?

PrepFan can explain it. It’s his thread.
Changed from appointed to elected school board. I rest my case.

Whew... Long story. Lots of different opinions.

To summarize: Lexington school board and Lexington superintendent announced to the local paper that they would not be playing South Davidson in any middle school sports this year due to some racial incidents. Davidson County school board (who hadn’t been notified prior to the newspaper article) said, “fine, you don’t play one of us, you don’t play any of us”.

Since the middle school conference consists of Lexington, Thomasville and seven DCS middle schools, this left Lexington Middle without anyone to play.

Also, the board announcing this basically prior to the football season starting, it didn’t give Lexington any time to try to schedule some games with adjoining counties.

I’m not saying DCS was right. I’m not saying LCS was right. But guess who lost? Kids.

PrepFan can explain it. It’s his thread.
Changed from appointed to elected school board. I rest my case.

The real kicker is that it was a board with a jacked-up agenda. There is no quasi-politician more dangerous than with a single-minded agenda. That board is full of them. Not what they needed at all.

They shoulda fired him in November or gave him a chance to leave respectfully then... waited WAY to long. Seen several clips of them on Hudl during the year last year.. they were horrendously bad. He can use the "they were young and we were transitioning," excuse all he wants but they were extremely terribly coached, lacked ambition, and most importantly they lacked heart. Young teams are very hard to coach up but it can be done.. it's not impossible. They didn't want to be out there playing for him and that's the worst thing for a coach. Once the JV folded it was just a matter of time.

The fact he took one fluke year and turned it into 2 more jobs was incredible and some the biggest luck I've seen but honestly this was one of the dumbest moves Lexington coulda made. He shoulda never been hired in the first place.

As for the new guy.. they could honestly do best with someone with HC experience but decent experience. Not a hot shot or a one year wonder; they need someone who's proven and has built things. They the need to give him time. The City's not helping them sadly but they can build around that. If Central Davidson can build theirselves up like they have Lexington sure can.. they have way better natural talent.

We also played Central Davidson in Middle school ball.. that Lexington move made their middle school situation random as can be.

Lexington City Schools has been a dumpster fire for a long time and it got significantly worse over the last three or four years. With the challenge of the addition of the charter school and a divided school board, it’s likely to go downhill from here.

The charter school is only thru middle school, with no plans to expand at this time? How is that impacting Lexington football?

The charter school is only thru middle school, with no plans to expand at this time? How is that impacting Lexington football?
It isn’t affecting it today. But it’s naive to think that today’s kindergartener will attend LHS in ten years. We’ll see how it pans out in a few years. If there’s a demand, I believe high school will be added.

In theory, those years that potential Lexington Senior High students spend at the charter during their middle school years, (who, per their administration, can’t figure out how they’d ever field athletic teams with their budget), could have been playing football for Lexington Middle.

Granted, Lexington Middle’s football team has been pretty terrible in recent years as well, but I think most would agree that its ideal to have a kid in your system for 7 years is better.
That being said, I don’t know that there is much continuity between the middle and high school at the moment.

So, currently, yes. Probably not affecting... but you can bet your bottom dollar that if there is money to be made, that charter school will attempt to obtain a charter for high school as well.

In theory, those years that potential Lexington Senior High students spend at the charter during their middle school years, (who, per their administration, can’t figure out how they’d ever field athletic teams with their budget), could have been playing football for Lexington Middle.

Granted, Lexington Middle’s football team has been pretty terrible in recent years as well, but I think most would agree that its ideal to have a kid in your system for 7 years is better.
That being said, I don’t know that there is much continuity between the middle and high school at the moment.

So, currently, yes. Probably not affecting... but you can bet your bottom dollar that if there is money to be made, that charter school will attempt to obtain a charter for high school as well.

Well stated and I had said to many friends of mine, If I was a local wrestling, basketball or volleyball coach I would go there and start a program now and just wait for the high school to open. With time it probably will happen. Cannot blame parents for putting their kids in a public school that is ran like a private school.

Reactions: NCprepbball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT