ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington fires Weavil

bknights#77

Oct 30, 2003
Does anyone know what happened? I thought that he had done a really good job for the Yellow Jackets.

What is going on with Lexington? They fire a coach that had success....article on The Dispatch had plenty of comments with information but all comments deleted and now disabled. Sounds like some interesting things going on at LSHS....Who is in the mix?

What is going on with Lexington? They fire a coach that had success....article on The Dispatch had plenty of comments with information but all comments deleted and now disabled. Sounds like some interesting things going on at LSHS....Who is in the mix?
I found out some of the info but it would not be within rules to divulge on this forum. I will say that Lexington has a newly elected school board and they are making changes.

any idea on who the replacement will be? Seems like an interesting situation, plenty of a talent and athletes.....

Odd as workouts could start for basketball teams last week, but some searches seem to be dragging their feet. Hearing two head coaches in the same conference are licking their chops for the job. Also heard a former assistant and several former head coaches.

What in the world is going on with Lexington? This seems to be a dragging out....also hearing North Rowan and Ledford have to fill coaches as well.

They have made a recommendation to the board for a candidate at Lexington. East Montgomery is an interesting situation as well with the two schools combining in 2020.

Heard a handful of names for Lexington:
James Atkinson-Thomasville
Former North Rowan Coach don't know name
Will Perry-Carver
Joshua Pittman-Carter Woodson not sure who they play, Team Winston AAU
Antonio Threadgill-last was assistant Southwest Guilford when they won state title, not sure where now
Bryan Withers-Salisbury

The Dispatch reports that Lexington has hired Josh Pittman, Carver grad, who has been coaching at Carter G. Woodson, a charter school in Winston Salem. Not sure if he was the head coach there.

The Dispatch reports that Lexington has hired Josh Pittman, Carver grad, who has been coaching at Carter G. Woodson, a charter school in Winston Salem. Not sure if he was the head coach there.

Heard he was, but max preps shows they play no one that is even on a competition level.

The article mentioned that he was the coach of an AAU team. Are head coaches allowed to coach their own players on an AAU team? I know that many rules have changed with basically year-round practice, but not sure about that one.

The article mentioned that he was the coach of an AAU team. Are head coaches allowed to coach their own players on an AAU team? I know that many rules have changed with basically year-round practice, but not sure about that one.
Believe a HS coach in any capacity can only coach up to 4 of players from same HS team in AAU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT