ADVERTISEMENT

Lets See Some Schedules ( Mt. Airy's Posted )

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Mount Airy's Football Schedule before any changes. Home games in blue and as of now the 1st 2 games will not be played if the season starts Sept.1st. * Conference *
There could be all kinds of changes in this schedule even a stoppage.

Week 1 Aug.( 21) @ Starmount
Week 2 Aug. (28) @ West.Stokes

Week 3 Sept.(4) Elkin
Week 4 Sept. (11) @ Alleghany
Week 5 Sept.(18) @ North Surry
Week 6 Sept (25). Open
Week 7 Oct.2 Reidsville
Week 8 Oct.9 @ North Stokes *
Week 9 Oct.16 South Stokes *
Week 10 Oct.30 WSPrep *

Week 11 Nov.6 @ Bishop *
Week 12 Nov.13 East Surry *

Mount Airy's Football Schedule before any changes. Home games in blue and as of now the 1st 2 games will not be played if the season starts Sept.1st. * Conference *
There could be all kinds of changes in this schedule even a stoppage.

Week 1 Aug.( 21) @ Starmount
Week 2 Aug. (28) @ West.Stokes

Week 3 Sept.(4) Elkin
Week 6 Sept (25). Open
Week 7 Oct.2 Reidsville
Week 10 Oct.30 WSPrep *

Week 11 Nov.6 @ Bishop *
If they do have Fall football, my opinion is this schedule and all others may look nothing like it would if there was no COVID-19.

Official practices will start Sept. 1, so no games for at least another 2 weeks.

So which 2 of the 6 non-conference games will be part of
Mount Airy's 7 game schedule ?
North Surry for sure I think Huge gate. Reidsville may be a Huge gate also. Any different opinions ? They should be able to play any school that agrees to for a better gate for both schools. NS should be able to drop 2 Conference games if they are forced to drop 1 conference game. All schools should get to play the best gate money makers for a screwed up season.

Week 3 Sept.(4) Elkin
Week 6 Sept (25). Open
Week 7 Oct.2 Reidsville
--------------------------------------------------
Confrence Games
Week 10 Oct.30 WSPrep *
Week 11 Nov.6 @ Bishop *

Last edited:
So which 2 of the 6 non-conference games will be part of
Mount Airy's 7 game schedule ?
North Surry for sure I think Huge gate. Reidsville may be a Huge gate also. Any different opinions ? They should be able to play any school that agrees to for a better gate for both schools. NS should be able to drop 2 Conference games if they are forced to drop 1 conference game. All schools should get to play the best gate money makers for a screwed up season.

Week 3 Sept.(4) Elkin
Week 6 Sept (25). Open
Week 7 Oct.2 Reidsville
--------------------------------------------------
Confrence Games
Week 10 Oct.30 WSPrep *
Week 11 Nov.6 @ Bishop *

I agree 100% with that last bit; the state needs to offer schools a way to overcome the shortened slate. Besides if there isn't gonna be any playoffs the kids would rather play the teams they are rivals with. That's all we thrived for when I played anyways; playoffs was always a nice incentive to play better. You earned that by playing hard and doing your jobs.

Honestly it would be wise and smart business for MA to play North.. if it's only the 5 conference games and the 2 non conference games for MA then there would be only 2 away games on the schedule for them and that wouldn't fly compared to what everyone else has. Plus we badly need a gate game to make up for the 3 dud conference home games we'd have. It's a win win for both of us. We've never not played MA since North opened to not do so is just out there. East it would be okay because we didn't play until 1961, and Elkin had that stretch from 83-90 and 97-07 where we didn't play them. Neither offer us that much that MA does in terms of the rep and the gate.

I hope Alleghany's the other game we got since it's for endowment; I've always wanted to see a game in Sparta but never got close. We'd get a little more out of that than the other 2 non conference games. Who knows. To not have to go to Winston off the bat or at all would be awesome to make up for it. The drive to Walkertown makes me road sick anyways.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Probably North Surry and Elkin will be on MA schedule.
PS How will North Surry match up against MA?

Reidsville will probably have Rockingham, Eden Morehead, Mcmichael.

I hope Alleghany's the other game we got since it's for endowment; I've always wanted to see a game in Sparta but never got close. We'd get a little more out of that than the other 2 non conference games. Who knows. To not have to go to Winston off the bat or at all would be awesome to make up for it. The drive to Walkertown makes me road sick anyways.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if alleghany's schedule isn't just the 7 mvac conference games....yall took us to the woodshed last year....I as a fan doesn't want to see north surry again lol

North Surry's Conference has 7 teams 6 games
Elkin's Conference has 7 teams 6 games
Mount Airy has 6 teams 5 games and that would leave Elkin and North Surry open to play Mount Airy and all 3 schools 7 games and good gates.

Reactions: realjoejr
Elkin's conference, the MVAC has 8 teams. I'd be completely shocked if the MVAC plays anything other than a conference slate.

Elkin's conference, the MVAC has 8 teams. I'd be completely shocked if the MVAC plays anything other than a conference slate.
North Surry has 8 also, I went to maxprep and counted the teams each played and failed to include each of them. Oh well, maybe some of the teams that's in the cellar year in and out will opt-out and not want to play on a year like this

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Kinda wish MVAC would just allow the 1A portion to play each other and have 4 non-conf foes. Starmount biggest gate against county-rival Forbush is in jeopardy.
That would work, MVAC 1A could play NWC teams. I guess the NCHSAA has till February to come up with a working schedule so everyone only has 7 teams or less for a 7 game season. If things improves with the virus they could have a split season playing 5 fall games and 6 spring games and the playoffs starting in the middle or last week of February. Sounds dumb I know but what is happening now is just as dumb with only 7 games with some conferences having 8 and more teams in their conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT