ADVERTISEMENT

Leesville Road Candidates

"Once" would be the operative word for those applying.
I've heard of a number of former and current head coaches throughout the state and several assistants who are applying for it. I would guess they'll have out of state applicants as well, as they did last time.

Jeremy Buck. Would be a great hire! Currently an assistant at Heritage. Former HC at Franklinton.

This is NOT a job for an inexperienced head coach. They just chewed up and spit out two veterans. This is not one to try to cut your teeth on. Don't believe me? Ask the last few who were there

This is NOT a job for an inexperienced head coach. They just chewed up and spit out two veterans. This is not one to try to cut your teeth on. Don't believe me? Ask the last few who were there
Maybe they weren't that good to begin with. The first year normally is going to be the hardest but if you are firm,fair,and consistent with the players and know the game and have good management skills you should be okay also if you have some good assistants that are willing to teach the players that are least skill than others.

2013 Smothers
2014 Hobgood
2015, 2016 Wilson
2017 ?
This will be 4 coaches in 5 years, but maybe your young guy is the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was he under at Leesville and for how long? Having experience at a school previously can be a plus (or a minus depending on how things went while you were there)?

Rumors are it's a coach who likes to throw the ball--a lot--who used to be at a school in the general area. But then, rumors.....

I'm afraid that although hornet62's guy sounds like he's been in some good situations, having been on that staff at Leesville might not be a plus for the young coach at that particular school given how things turned out.

Rumors are it's a coach who likes to throw the ball--a lot--who used to be at a school in the general area. But then, rumors.....

I'm afraid that although hornet62's guy sounds like he's been in some good situations, having been on that staff at Leesville might not be a plus for the young coach at that particular school given how things turned out.
You got to start some place plus he knows the school and what he would be dealing with plus he's defensive minded. Defense win championship the spread looks good until the time to put up or shut up normally.

You got to start some place plus he knows the school and what he would be dealing with plus he's defensive minded. Defense win championship the spread looks good until the time to put up or shut up normally.
Who is the new coach at Leesville- Road? Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT