ADVERTISEMENT

Ledford Coaching change?

PrepFanNC

Oct 10, 2017
It appears that Chris Adams has been promoted to Assistant Principal at East Davidson HS. I’m assuming that it is the same Chris Adams. Can anyone confirm? If so, any word on who will replace him?

It appears that Chris Adams has been promoted to Assistant Principal at East Davidson HS. I’m assuming that it is the same Chris Adams. Can anyone confirm? If so, any word on who will replace him?
I saw a Twitter from Mike Duprez, Lexington paper last night saying the same. It also said he has resigned from baseball and football.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I saw a Twitter from Mike Duprez, Lexington paper last night saying the same. It also said he has resigned from baseball and football.
It’s time, as far as his career is concerned. He’s close enough to retirement that it’s time to start trying to maximize his yearly salary for retirement’s sake. He’s done good by Ledford though. They are definitely in a much more stable place than when he took over.

Chris Doby stood in for Adams a few years ago. Chuck Henderson is also on staff but not sure he wants the title again. Doby is a good coach and great guy. He would do well by the school and kids.

Chris Doby stood in for Adams a few years ago. Chuck Henderson is also on staff but not sure he wants the title again. Doby is a good coach and great guy. He would do well by the school and kids.

Steady flow of players, community support, money funding the program and good facilities makes it an excellent job for someone looking to be successful and win for a long time. Adams has done a really good job and it is a good time to move on in his career. Best wishes to the Panthers in their search for a new HC. I would like to see Doby get the opportunity!

Who are the front runners? Isn’t Henderson already on staff? Maybe Honeycutt from ND or Hanner from ED?
With Doby giving up WBB a couple months ago, I wonder if this was in the works?!?

Honeycutt would do a great job - student taught there - not sure of his interest but he’d provide some youth and offensive excitement, plus he’d be a long-term hire with roots in DC.

Ledford needs to go outside. This buddy system in Davidson is old. And stereotypical AS HELL
Depends on the quality of people that apply. If a school has a tenured assistant, DC/OC that has put 20 years of time, energy and work into a program why go outside? That has not been so productive for THS and Lexington the last 2-3 hires. They come from outside the school/community, stay a few seasons win or lose and move on.

Chris Doby will do a great job at Ledford. I remember when he stepped in for Coach Adams a few years ago and did an admirable job filling in. Ledford couldn't have picked a better person to be their Head Football Coach. Like an earlier posted stated Ledford has the support of the community and good facilities.

Reactions: UNC91
Time will definitely tell. Ledford is one of the most under productive schools in the state. With the athletes they have at Ledford, it's a true head scratcher why they're not better

Reactions: UNC91
Ledford has a very good athletic tradition.
They consistently field competitive teams across the board.

Ledford has a very good athletic tradition.
They consistently field competitive teams across the board.
I would agree with this. They usually have quite a competitive athletic program. I was actually shocked this year when I noticed that their girl’s soccer team was abysmal. The girl’s teams at Ledford have been especially successful over the last few decades.

I would completely disagree that Ledford is unproductive in sports. They are competitive in all most all sports and regularly win the conference cup. As mentioned, the female teams are generally strong.

I would completely disagree that Ledford is unproductive in sports. They are competitive in all most all sports and regularly win the conference cup. As mentioned, the female teams are generally strong.
Ledford fields solid teams in about every sport. The football team is not a state power by no means but the staff gets results and they win ball games and have proven to be successful the last ten years or so. Ledford is strong in all secondary sports like tennis, soccer, baseball, softball, track, golf and cross country. That helps them win the cup many times over other area schools.

The football team underachieves. Just my opinion. Their middle school and youth leagues perform very well until they get to Ledford High

I would agree with this. They usually have quite a competitive athletic program. I was actually shocked this year when I noticed that their girl’s soccer team was abysmal. The girl’s teams at Ledford have been especially successful over the last few decades.
That boys soccer team up there is legit!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT