ADVERTISEMENT

Ledford at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
We got a battle of the undefeated on Friday. Judging by the scores, it looks like it's going to be a tight one. Any thoughts?

Reactions: thekidd12
I think this is going to be a good matchup. I think fans will get their money’s worth in this one. If I was to pick I would give PG with the edge

Reactions: thekidd12
I would definitely like to see this game Friday night if we weren't going out of town. I have Ledford over PG in this one. Had the chance to already see both teams play this year and I will give the edge to Ledford. Nate Carr (QB) for Ledford is the real deal. The kid has a great arm and the resources to stretch the field. On the defense Ledford has the edge because of their team speed.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I would definitely like to see this game Friday night if we weren't going out of town. I have Ledford over PG in this one. Had the chance to already see both teams play this year and I will give the edge to Ledford. Nate Carr (QB) for Ledford is the real deal. The kid has a great arm and the resources to stretch the field. On the defense Ledford has the edge because of their team speed.
Sounds like I'll be watching two good QB's then. Awesome.

Another thing that's cool about this game is that both teams are ranked #23 in the CP Rankings. If either team beats the mess out of the other, I'll be very impressed.

Back to the original topic....

PG by 7.
Well, I would've ended up a genius had this game ended at halftime. PG went into the locker room up 14-7.

Problem is......there's two halves. And Ledford straight owned the second one. The Panthers scored 27 unanswered en route to the win. PG turned the ball over twice in their own territory and Ledford capitalized both times. The Panthers did a great job of keeping the PG defense off-balance tonight. Nate Carr's touchdown run up the middle off the draw was a thing of beauty. He was as good as advertised.

Two other guys stood out to me for Ledford. Bryson Sims and Owen Finley. Sims has got a leg on him. He sent many a kickoff into the end zone. Finley is quite the versatile athlete. He hurt PG on both sides of the field. I could see him playing on Saturdays somewhere.

This was a tough one for PG. They lost their biggest offensive threat to injury in the first quarter. They also came out on the short end of a big call deep in their own territory. Chase Whitaker had a nice game though. He did his best Deion Sanders imitation when he picked off a pass in the flat and returned it 40 yards for the first score of the game. Whitaker really does have a good nose for the football.

Reactions: SCRballer
You have clubs in Randolph County?
I was thinking more about Greensboro when I typed that. That's where the vast majority of Randolph County residents used to go for their nightlife before Asheboro got wet. Bax always struck me as a Club Inferno type of guy.

Speaking of Randolph County, it's bad when the first thing that popped into my mind was Kickback Jack's in Asheboro. Then again, that's basically Asheboro's "Hooters".

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT