ADVERTISEMENT

Ledford 35 - Clinton 18

Ledford hasn’t played any 1A schools this season? If you look at ADM, there are actually some 2A schools larger than Ledford since the new realignment wasn’t completely based on just attendance. However, come play off time I don’t see any teams in the MPC making noise.

That's pretty rich coming from a fan of a team who draws from by far the biggest town of any 1A traditional school in the state. Glass houses
Uhh take a look at the district lines. What city school system has county school districts drawn inside city limits. A town of 26,000 having three high schools taking from it? The county busses go right by my house everyday taking kids home. The districts are drawn to where 90% of the kids are within whistling distance of the stadium. If you drive by Thomasville after football practice watch 75% of the boys walk home. Also look at the rosters of some of the traditional 1a schools right now. I’d say most have 25+ which is right what Thomasville has.

That's pretty rich coming from a fan of a team who draws from by far the biggest town of any 1A traditional school in the state. Glass houses
If you’re talking about Thomasville, the school district is less than half the population of the city. The rest are East Davidson and Ledford. Thomasville is the only school district in the state whose district lines have been frozen since 1983. Thomasville school district is definitely 1A and has been very close for years when in 2A.

If you’re talking about Thomasville, the school district is less than half the population of the city. The rest are East Davidson and Ledford. Thomasville is the only school district in the state whose district lines have been frozen since 1983. Thomasville school district is definitely 1A and has been very close for years when in 2A.
I understand that Ledford and East Davidson also draw from the city of Thomasville, but Thomasville High is drawing from the inner city of a town of 27,000 people, name another traditional 1A school that draws from a population pool like that, there simply isn't anything else in 1A close to that outside of Carver High and Forsyth County Schools is a whole different can of worms.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I understand that Ledford and East Davidson also draw from the city of Thomasville, but Thomasville High is drawing from the inner city of a town of 27,000 people, name another traditional 1A school that draws from a population pool like that, there simply isn't anything else in 1A close to that outside of Carver High and Forsyth County Schools is a whole different can of worms.
They don’t draw from that population. The population of the school district is 10,000 to 13,000. That’s the point. It would be like considering East Davidson’s district to be all of Davidson County. Lexington, for instance, has a population of just under 20,000, but their school district also includes another 1,000 or so in the county. So, they’re actually drawing from 1.5 to 2 times the population. They have a larger student body than Thomasville and draw from a larger area.
In the case of Thomasville School district, the population of the city is irrelevant. I wish that weren’t so. If we drew from the whole city, I believe we’d be a 3A powerhouse.

And no, Davidson County no longer allows their kids to transfer to Thomasville or Lexington without a change of residence.

How does that work in the reverse? Are students allowed to transfer from city to county more easily? I ask because of the recent Lexington exodus
I really don’t know. My speculation would be some folks may be using the age old, tried and true “I live with my granny/uncle/third cousin”. And that can happen anywhere, I guess. Often, when parents split up, they live in different districts. That gives some legitimacy, assuming that’s the player’s true residence.

THS does not need that kid nor the other one that had over 100 yards rushing on Clinton friday night. If the city system will not take a stand and the local board and politicians will not fight to correct an old rule or law about the district lines then it will never change.

THS does not need that kid nor the other one that had over 100 yards rushing on Clinton friday night. If the city system will not take a stand and the local board and politicians will not fight to correct an old rule or law about the district lines then it will never change.
It can’t happen at the local level, either by the system or city government. A local state legislative bill created the frozen district lines in 1983, and only the legislature can fix it. No representatives in the last twenty years would touch that and not likely to change in my lifetime. Merger possibly, but not likely. Make the city limits and school district lines coterminous? Not a chance. It’s partisan. It would create a mass selloff of houses. And yes, it’s also racist. Our county likes a nice neat package where we can keep those black and brown folks in the two major cities.
The only realistic, fair solution is merger with equitable redistricting.

Just asking for the smart guys on here. What about the two players that Ledford has that played basketball last year at shining light academy and then came back to Ledford for spring football. Without a residency change, is this legal? I thought you had to sit out 365 days. Anybody have an answer?

Tarboro

That’s what the new kid at Ledford did, submitted his uncles address, and left thomasville - but he still lives at home smh
Dog, think about the very liberal transfer rules that davidson county has. It has already decimated lexingtons football program, and it would have happened to Thomasville if they hadn’t brought a new coach in.

Reactions: dogs86mvp
I don’t think it’s anything wrong with scheduling Clinton. Ledford has been 2a and never reached a state championship. They were recently 2a last season

Ledford moved up to 3A in 2010 I believe. They dropped down to 2A in 2018 but still got a lot of the same 3A numbers. Unless they have more numbers and size they cant compete with a team with a pulse. They always fold under adversity.

While beating a good team like Clinton looks nice for a team like Ledford, its still a 3A over a 2A school. Plus the rest of the non conference schedule is pretty bad.

Ledford moved up to 3A in 2010 I believe. They dropped down to 2A in 2018 but still got a lot of the same 3A numbers. Unless they have more numbers and size they cant compete with a team with a pulse. They always fold under adversity.

While beating a good team like Clinton looks nice for a team like Ledford, its still a 3A over a 2A school. Plus the rest of the non conference schedule is pretty bad.

I don’t look at 3a and 2a crap. A good team is a good team. Ledford was just 2a and did not qualify for the playoffs. They never made it to state while in 2a. They wouldn’t make it to states this year in 2a

I don’t look at 3a and 2a crap. A good team is a good team. Ledford was just 2a and did not qualify for the playoffs. They never made it to state while in 2a. They wouldn’t make it to states this year in 2a

Well shoot, then Ledford should schedule Chambers, and Hough or something.😂

Depth plays a factor or we wouldn't have the classifications in the first place. Ledford lacks heart and a killer mentality like Thomasville or Carver, when they were good. That's why they lost in 2A with 3A numbers.

Well shoot, then Ledford should schedule Chambers, and Hough or something.😂

Depth plays a factor or we wouldn't have the classifications in the first place. Ledford lacks heart and a killer mentality like Thomasville or Carver, when they were good. That's why they lost in 2A with 3A numbers.

You know what I mean. Why are we acting like Ledford is above 2a. Heck 3a seems a little down to me. I think the top 2a and 3a would have some battles

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Just curious, why are TVille fans so hard on Ledford?
Not all of us. Some of the ones on here have some specific reasons that are somewhat understandable. I’ll leave it at that.
As recently as 2006, Thomasville was 14-0 all time vs. Ledford and most of them were blowouts. Then we didn’t play for a decade. In 2017, we went into a 2A conference where three of the schools, including Ledford, were essentially 3A and Thomasville was almost 1A with very low player numbers. Ledford won four in a row. Thomasville was 1-3 against North and 2-1 against Oak Grove. Ledford and Oak Grove tend to be upper middle class and white, which doesn’t always foster good relationships with a low income school where white students are in the minority.
Some of the same dynamic as East Lincoln and Lincolnton.

Last edited:
You know what I mean. Why are we acting like Ledford is above 2a. Heck 3a seems a little down to me. I think the top 2a and 3a would have some battles
I'm trying to be nice about them but yeah.😁

I agree on 3A, it feels watered down compared to what it used to be. Many good teams moved up to 4A or lost players to other schools. At least Dudley still making noise.

One of the major reasons why Ledford, OG and ND were 2A was the 20/30/30/20 model and enrollment projections that turned out to be not so accurate. I understand Tville fans for not liking it. They arguably should have been 1A the whole time.

ND, Ledford and Salisbury also all benefited from going East in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years before the pandemic forced a smaller playoff format. OG could have benefited but drew a pissed off rival in the first round as a reward for their conference title lol.

One of the major reasons why Ledford, OG and ND were 2A was the 20/30/30/20 model and enrollment projections that turned out to be not so accurate. I understand Tville fans for not liking it. They arguably should have been 1A the whole time.

ND, Ledford and Salisbury also all benefited from going East in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years before the pandemic forced a smaller playoff format. OG could have benefited but drew a pissed off rival in the first round as a reward for their conference title lol.
As a Bulldog fan, I was okay with it for four years. Thought it was somewhat inaccurate in terms of predicted numbers. But it kept us in a conference with some natural rivals, with much better gates and less travel. The original conference we were put in would have been a disaster. Thomasville did okay in football, though not what we would have liked. But our problem was about our own numbers and lack of depth. Generally, we couldn’t compete, with most of our kids playing both ways and any injury being magnified due to that.
Mostly, I appreciate those schools supporting Thomasville being included in the conference. Without that, it could have been much worse.

As a Bulldog fan, I was okay with it for four years. Thought it was somewhat inaccurate in terms of predicted numbers. But it kept us in a conference with some natural rivals, with much better gates and less travel. The original conference we were put in would have been a disaster. Thomasville did okay in football, though not what we would have liked. But our problem was about our own numbers and lack of depth. Generally, we couldn’t compete, with most of our kids playing both ways and any injury being magnified due to that.
Mostly, I appreciate those schools supporting Thomasville being included in the conference. Without that, it could have been much worse.
I would like to replace MC and Aboro with Tville and Salisbury for a 3A/2A/1A league that is completely implausible but would be a strong conference 😂

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT