ADVERTISEMENT

Laymarr Marshall steps down at Parkland

Chris_Hughes

Staff
Feb 13, 2004
Laymarr Marshall has stepped down as the head football coach at Parkland HS after one season. He guided them to an 8-4 mark last season. The job will be open for 10-days as the administration looks for a new head coach.

I think this is still very much a top program that can have success with the right coach, which was proven under both Marshall and Martin Samek before him.

I am not sure which route they take but I know there are some very solid coaches in the area that deserve an opportunity. Some that I would highly consider would be David Hamlin, Derek Sharp, Craig Aiken, Brent David, and Pete Gilchrist.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Pete would be a good pick.. he did a fine job at NF considering their faults and issues that will always be there. That 2013 team he had was very solid. For as low as they were in his last two years they played very hard despite their faults. He was way to loyal to NF; he coulda left them a lot earlier than he did and really should have. He got the shaft for the whole athletic program being so messy. He never had the help he should have had. He deserves another chance somewhere.

I also really like David Hamlin at Atkins; he'd do outstandizng at Parkland. He has a lot of connections with WS State and is a good person on top of it. He's about the the only guy who coulda got anything out of Atkins the past few years. His offense honestly is too hard for Atkins to run but he managed to do decent with it. I see it fitting better at Parkland. That being said I don't think he is the type of guy to move so late in the year.. he loves the kids at Atkins too much. If this was earlier I'd say it'd be better odds of him applying.

Pete would be a good pick.. he did a fine job at NF considering their faults and issues that will always be there. That 2013 team he had was very solid. For as low as they were in his last two years they played very hard despite their faults. He was way to loyal to NF; he coulda left them a lot earlier than he did and really should have. He got the shaft for the whole athletic program being so messy. He never had the help he should have had. He deserves another chance somewhere.

I also really like David Hamlin at Atkins; he'd do outstandizng at Parkland. He has a lot of connections with WS State and is a good person on top of it. He's about the the only guy who coulda got anything out of Atkins the past few years. His offense honestly is too hard for Atkins to run but he managed to do decent with it. I see it fitting better at Parkland. That being said I don't think he is the type of guy to move so late in the year.. he loves the kids at Atkins too much. If this was earlier I'd say it'd be better odds of him applying.

I don't understand what being at Atkins makes running his offense more difficult than at Parkland?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT