ADVERTISEMENT

Latest from NCHSAA

New Hanover and Wake county schools have cancelled all non conference games in all spring sports. I am sure more will follow shortly with same.

the whole country has gone bat-shit crazy over this Wuhan (let's call it what it is) Flu............never mind that thousands die every year from the flu....lets overreact and shut the country down and throw the country into a Depression (circa 1929)....Y'all wake me up when the sanity returns.....................

This is painfully ignorant.

the whole country has gone bat-shit crazy over this Wuhan (let's call it what it is) Flu............never mind that thousands die every year from the flu....lets overreact and shut the country down and throw the country into a Depression (circa 1929)....Y'all wake me up when the sanity returns.....................
You need to wake up ! This has just reached our country and all these precautions are needed to stop it's spread. Take Italy for instance, it started there long before it got here and spread so fast and many have died and they have closed their borders with no one allowed in and not a lot of movement allowed within the country. We have not seen the worst of it yet and with what our officials are doing will only help. If you don't care for yourself then thank about your family, friends, and neighbors. When it does touch someone you know, then you will wake up. I suggest you watch more news because it will get worse before it gets better. Finally, do you want these kids that play sports to get it and it spread through the schools ?

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
High Point furniture market postponed until early June. For those not in the Triad, this is the largest single event in North Carolina with hundreds of millions in economic impact. To my knowledge, it’s never been postponed in its 100 plus year history.

They’re not faring particularly well either.
Also if they clam only say 1000 deaths from it in China then it is probably 10 of thousands. Why does all the flu and other disease seem to start in China, every year a new type ? We need to stop dealing with China and bring them to their knees. Most of all our Meds come from China. Make them in America and maybe Canada and set limits to their profits !

Reactions: KW23 and Mhsneer
Also if they clam only say 1000 deaths from it in China then it is probably 10 of thousands. Why does all the flu and other disease seem to start in China, every year a new type ? We need to stop dealing with China and bring them to their knees. Most of all our Meds come from China. Make them in America and maybe Canada and set limits to their profits !
China covered this virus up until it got out of hand. by then it had spread to other Countries. Over 5000 have died so far worldwide and growing daily. Democrats are trying to raise campaign money on this virus. That is a Fact !

Last edited:
Everything is suspended till 4/6. Que Tucker addressed it today. She still hopes to possibly have Basketball C-Ships. A lot can change in 3 weeks and let’s hope for the best.

I hope that they do get to resume at some point. My concern is that they give the teams time to condition and get into playing shape to reduce the risk of injuries.

We’re robbing kids that worked really hard to get to this point. It’s honestly ridiculous

Schools are still in session in NC. Health officials in NC put out a statement today saying they are not recommending preemptive closure of schools at this time. It is a serious situation, but kids are sitting inches apart in classrooms and in the cafeteria. Murphy will sit at home tomorrow instead of playing for a state championship, but come Monday will be sitting in class...... I dont see these games happening as the window of oppurtunity will shrink with each and every day.

China covered this virus up until it got out of hand. by then it had spread to other Countries. Over 5000 have died so far worldwide and growing daily. Democrats are trying to raise campaign money on this virus. That is a Fact !
As scary as this is ( because anything the media blows out of proportion becomes scary) this is political and what you just said shows how political this is. I’m not downplaying the danger this virus brings with it, but the flu causes more deaths each year than this. My drive to work( 1.5 hrs to and from) has a more likelihood of killing me than this. It’s an election year and unfortunately each side will do anything ( and I mean cause the next Great Depression) to get the other out and their party in. And as non-political I am,( because I think they’re all garbage), this is such crap. But the dems are raising $ so hopefully Murphy will get their chance at that state title before Addison graduates. I feel so bad for that girl and every other player that worked so hard,fell short, kept working, and made it. Just to have to except this! Play it with no fans, postpone it till July! I don’t care, just give them their chance.

Schools are still in session in NC. Health officials in NC put out a statement today saying they are not recommending preemptive closure of schools at this time. It is a serious situation, but kids are sitting inches apart in classrooms and in the cafeteria. Murphy will sit at home tomorrow instead of playing for a state championship, but come Monday will be sitting in class...... I dont see these games happening as the window of oppurtunity will shrink with each and every day.
This has to be a tremendous disappointment to these kids !
I feel for them and their families that wanted to see their kids do something many kids were not able to do, play for a State Championship. Prayers that it will happen for them !

So much for that. All schools in North Carolina to close through March 30th.

WOW, coronavirus is in 50 states and is in Winston Salem, 30 miles from me and highway 52 4 lanes from Mount Airy to Winston is loaded with car and people going to work in Winston including my son. Prayers for him and wife & 2 kids. Also for all of us 60 and well over 60 ! Scary and I can't remember seeing anything like this even at my age. Prayers for everyone on NCPreps and hope we are all still here this football season if we get through this crap.

Last edited:
WOW, coronavirus is in 50 states and is in Winston Salem, 30 miles from me and highway 52 4 lanes from Mount Airy to Winston is loaded with car and people going to work in Winston including my son. Prayers for him and wife & 2 kids. Also for all of us 60 and well over 60 ! Scary and I can't remember seeing anything like this even at my age. Prayers for everyone on NCPreps and hope we are all still here this football season if we get through this crap.

There is a high degree of possibility that the 2020 football season will be cancelled. As long as the COVID19 is still around there will be no HS football.

They shouldn’t have shut things down to start with. This is going to have to run it’s course. All they’re doing is bankrupting the country especially the service industry.

They shouldn’t have shut things down to start with. This is going to have to run it’s course. All they’re doing is bankrupting the country especially the service industry.

If they didn’t shut it down the death toll would probably top a million by the time it ran it’s course. As it is now we are looking at 200,000 dead on the high end. We have not seen bad yet.

Reactions: Ramkiller2016
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT