ADVERTISEMENT

Last game of the season JK @ Midway

DuplinCountyTiger

Aug 16, 2016
Last game of the very short season. Midway will throw it and then throw it some more. Avent had a great game plan for Goldsboro and that was a game we don’t win without him coaching. With a full summer to get ready for next year it will be interesting to see what kind of team shows up in the fall.... we need athletes badly, and a QB.

Midway 35
JK 14

You are already guaranteed a sixth and seventh game by virtue of beating Goldsboro.

JK finished 2nd in pod and will play 1st place team from other pod (probably Clinton if they beat ED) and then not sure about 7th week.

Everyone can play 7 games.

Someone help me out if I sm wrong but this is the way it's set up now this year thanks to Spring Creek.

This is the way it was explained in the JDnews article

The top two teams in the divisions will have a four-team playoff with the winners playing each other to determine a champion and the losers playing each other for third and fourth. The two teams who finish third in each division would play Spring Creek, as well as Terry Sanford and Albemarle during the final two weeks of the regular season, to ensure all teams play a full seven-game schedule.

Its very confusing why Terry Sanford and Albemarle are included in this was not explained in the article

Reactions: UNC91
Lol I was content with this being the end. There is a huge gap this season between JK, Goldsboro and rest of conference. (With JK Goldsboro being at bottom). So if I understand this correctly we have the opportunity to get beat by Midway Friday. Then because we finished second in our pod, we would play Midway again? And then have to play a school that makes zero sense at all?

The way i understood it was the top two teams in that division play each other that first "playoff game" so if we win Friday and Midway win Friday Clinton vs Midway and on the other side WRH vs JK then the winners of those game play in the championship while the losers play for 3rd and 4th place. The teams that dont make the playoff one will play Spring Creek one week while the other plays Albemarle or Terry Sanford. And vice versa that last week. Why Terry Sanford and Albemarle i have no idea im guessing those teams didnt have a full 7 game schedule so were just looking to fill a gap. Very random but whatever lol

The way i understood it was the top two teams in that division play each other that first "playoff game" so if we win Friday and Midway win Friday Clinton vs Midway and on the other side WRH vs JK then the winners of those game play in the championship while the losers play for 3rd and 4th place. The teams that dont make the playoff one will play Spring Creek one week while the other plays Albemarle or Terry Sanford. And vice versa that last week. Why Terry Sanford and Albemarle i have no idea im guessing those teams didnt have a full 7 game schedule so were just looking to fill a gap. Very random but whatever lol
I see. Not looking forward to playing WRH again and I’m assuming it would be played at the 1 seed home field so we gotta make another trip down to Wallace. We have no business playing Terry Sanford

Last game of the very short season. Midway will throw it and then throw it some more. Avent had a great game plan for Goldsboro and that was a game we don’t win without him coaching. With a full summer to get ready for next year it will be interesting to see what kind of team shows up in the fall.... we need athletes badly, and a QB.

Midway 35
JK 14
Dude you really don't have a clue to what's going on, JK has probably the 2nd best QB in the conference, he's leading the conference in rushing, last time I checked. So what are you talking about? Stop assuming you know anything about JK football. And like I said, if the kids are back in the actual school house this fall, JK will get the athletes back on the field. And will be in the midst for the conference championship. A win over Midway Friday will put JK in contention for the conference crown this season. Something you said that wouldn't happen no time soon.

Dude you really don't have a clue to what's going on, JK has probably the 2nd best QB in the conference, he's leading the conference in rushing, last time I checked. So what are you talking about? Stop assuming you know anything about JK football. And like I said, if the kids are back in the actual school house this fall, JK will get the athletes back on the field. And will be in the midst for the conference championship. A win over Midway Friday will put JK in contention for the conference crown this season. Something you said that wouldn't happen no time soon.
With 84 carries I would hope he is ... also Clinton doesn’t have stats up but they may have someone that has passed him. 2nd best in the conference lol Midways QB has probably thrown for 1000 yards already (sarcasm but true). Clinton has a star at QB and a very serviceable backup. JK QB 4th or 5th at best. Just being honest.

With 84 carries I would hope he is ... also Clinton doesn’t have stats up but they may have someone that has passed him. 2nd best in the conference lol Midways QB has probably thrown for 1000 yards already (sarcasm but true). Clinton has a star at QB and a very serviceable backup. JK QB 4th or 5th at best. Just being honest.
But let you tell it, we need a QB! How foolish that was. I truly doubt if anyone has passed him in rushing yards. He will be in the conference player of the year conversation. "We need a QB!" Lol Bruh you should stop it

Ok scratch what i said before apparently the #1 in one division plays the #2 in the opposite division( makes no sense to me but ok lol) in that scenario JK would play Clinton next week assuming we win Friday. And Wallace would play Midway. This whole thing is confusing. Thanks Alot SPRING CREEK

Ok scratch what i said before apparently the #1 in one division plays the #2 in the opposite division( makes no sense to me but ok lol) in that scenario JK would play Clinton next week assuming we win Friday. And Wallace would play Midway. This whole thing is confusing. Thanks Alot SPRING CREEK
JK play Clinton ... death sentence don’t want any part of that

I see. Not looking forward to playing WRH again and I’m assuming it would be played at the 1 seed home field so we gotta make another trip down to Wallace. We have no business playing Terry Sanford
In 2019 Clinton scrimmaged TS and though there was officially no score, the Horses smoked them I understand.

JK play Clinton ... death sentence don’t want any part of that
I bet you don't, that's what cowards do, tuck their tails and run. These young Tigers won't, they're gonna line up and play ball. These young Tigers are getting better, they held Goldsboro to 129 total yards and 22 rushing yards. Getting a lil better game by game, learning on the go. Hopefully we'll grow up a lil more Friday night at Midway and contain this QB and come out with a W. These last three games, and the playoffs will be very beneficial for these young TIGERS heading into the fall. JK football program is headed back to where it belongs, competing for championships.

Reactions: Darkhorse04
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT