ADVERTISEMENT

Last 10 years.

I got Murphy at 122-28 last 10 years. 4 state titles 2 runners up. Avg 12.2 wins per season.

Reactions: Mhsneer
2008 newton can
2012 East Lincoln (Chaz surratt). 2012 still stings, undefeated team that didn’t turn the ball over all year. That game they had like four fumbles the first half. Lost by four I think

You know what's amazing, Robbinsville even mentioned with those 2 schools.
You got me curious now. Should Robbinsville be mentioned with those programs ? Really didn’t see where anyone mentioned Robbinsville with Murphy or Tarboro. I’m not sure if that was a compliment or a dig at my knights.

Reactions: BK13T-$
You got me curious now. Should Robbinsville be mentioned with those programs ? Really didn’t see where anyone mentioned Robbinsville with Murphy or Tarboro. I’m not sure if that was a compliment or a dig at my knights.
Oh it was a compliment, Robbinsville is a true 1A school. Doing what you all do without the help of an EC program and with only 374 kids is truly amazing.

Oh it was a compliment, Robbinsville is a true 1A school. Doing what you all do without the help of an EC program and with only 374 kids is truly amazing.
Thanks, I know the coaches and kids are truly committed to our program. I was fortunate enough to get help coach a few years ago and have nothing but respect for what they do year after year. We take pride in our knights and our athletic programs. From football, wrestling and our girls teams are always very competitive and all that with less than 380 kids. Thanks again, hats off to the players and coaches. Proud to be a Black knight !!!!!

Robbinsville 110-37. Not to shabby.
Post em !
Robbinsville is 99 - 35 with 1 state championship and 2 appearances since this starts in 2010.

And for Murphy, since we are counting Western Appearances as referenced by BK, to add on to Knines 6 state title appearances, 4 titles and one runner up.. we can count the 2017 western title appearance against Mt. Airy.

Robbinsville is 99 - 35 with 1 state championship and 2 appearances since this starts in 2010.

And for Murphy, since we are counting Western Appearances as referenced by BK, to add on to Knines 6 state title appearances, 4 titles and one runner up.. we can count the 2017 western title appearance against Mt. Airy.
Perhaps rville will make it 3 title appearances and 2 titles Saturday? Going for #14 on the 14th.

I'm pretty sure any school that is classified as a 1A school by the NCHSAA is a "true" 1A school. The talk with the numbers is getting old to a lot of people on the boards here. As for any school, you only play where NCHSAA puts you. Just a side note, before this split ever happened in the early 2000's, Murphy did have 6 state championships to their hardware (70,74,86,87,91,96). Let's try not to forget that. It isn't like Murphy hasn't played schools that is bigger than them... Coach G is well known for a tough non-conference schedule and scheduling bigger schools to help with the conference which is why they have the success they do. For numbers comparison throughout the years, here are some schools with a bigger enrollment than Murphy (over 800 students) who Murphy has played and with a winning record against them:

Franklin (933 students) - Murphy leads overall series 36-33
Smoky Mountain (838 students) - Murphy leads overall 16-2
Gilmer County, GA (1210 students) - Murphy leads 8-1
Pisgah (990 students) - Murphy leads 2-1
Tuscola (974 students) - Murphy leads 3-1
Kennesaw, GA (2143 students) - Murphy leads 1-0
Asheville High (1332 students) - Murphy leads 2-0
Fannin County, GA (911 students) - Murphy leads 3-1
Union County, GA (836 students) - Murphy leads 12-6
Forsyth Country Day (823 students) - Murphy leads 1-0

There are some schools obviously where Murphy has a losing record too but that is expected. What isn't expected or so it seems on all these boards lately is a school that has a larger enrollment (than what NCHSAA has accounted for) in the same conference and in the small 1A. Each school should just play where they are put by the NCHSAA and try to win. The best way to prove yourself is out on the field.

Robbinsville is a well respected school from across the state. Wrestling and football is a tradition there. Regardless of how small or big of an enrollment a school has, it shouldn't be a hardship on the student athletes that are competing and trying to win for their school. What Robbinsville has done throughout the years has been very impressive, along with Tarboro, Murphy, Mitchell and all the other schools that have always been in the discussion. Cherokee winning the title several years ago with 300 students is amazing. Andrews is the smallest 1A football school in the state and they compete every year and not one complaint about enrollment. Their JV team went undefeated this year in the SMC with 209 STUDENTS!! That is amazing and congrats to them. They will be a very tough out in 2 to 3 years.

I really hope we all can get over this "ADM" and "EC" garbage and just play football. It isn't going to change so the best resolution for this is just deal with it and PLAY. Good luck to all teams this weekend and stay safe!

I'm pretty sure any school that is classified as a 1A school by the NCHSAA is a "true" 1A school. The talk with the numbers is getting old to a lot of people on the boards here. As for any school, you only play where NCHSAA puts you. Just a side note, before this split ever happened in the early 2000's, Murphy did have 6 state championships to their hardware (70,74,86,87,91,96). Let's try not to forget that. It isn't like Murphy hasn't played schools that is bigger than them... Coach G is well known for a tough non-conference schedule and scheduling bigger schools to help with the conference which is why they have the success they do. For numbers comparison throughout the years, here are some schools with a bigger enrollment than Murphy (over 800 students) who Murphy has played and with a winning record against them:

There are some schools obviously where Murphy has a losing record too but that is expected. What isn't expected or so it seems on all these boards lately is a school that has a larger enrollment (than what NCHSAA has accounted for) in the same conference and in the small 1A. Each school should just play where they are put by the NCHSAA and try to win. The best way to prove yourself is out on the field.

Robbinsville is a well respected school from across the state. Wrestling and football is a tradition there. Regardless of how small or big of an enrollment a school has, it shouldn't be a hardship on the student athletes that are competing and trying to win for their school. What Robbinsville has done throughout the years has been very impressive, along with Tarboro, Murphy, Mitchell and all the other schools that have always been in the discussion. Cherokee winning the title several years ago with 300 students is amazing. Andrews is the smallest 1A football school in the state and they compete every year and not one complaint about enrollment. Their JV team went undefeated this year in the SMC with 209 STUDENTS!! That is amazing and congrats to them. They will be a very tough out in 2 to 3 years.

I really hope we all can get over this "ADM" and "EC" garbage and just play football. It isn't going to change so the best resolution for this is just deal with it and PLAY. Good luck to all teams this weekend and stay safe!
Preach it brother !! I’ve pulled for the SMC all my life. I want the championship to stay in the mountains and preferably in the SMC. BUT i’m so sick of hearing all the garbage that’s spewed on here everyday I don’t care anymore. Because of a few posters from a few schools I don’t care if they win or lose. I shouldn’t let the actions of a few ruin my loyalty to the conference but it’s time for a few to grow up

I'll agree go back and look at any and all of my posts from the time I joined NC Preps you'll see I Agree with you . Let it go

Reactions: murphydawg4life
QUOTE="Wildcat10fan, post: 618409, member: 5530"]Preach it brother !! I’ve pulled for the SMC all my life. I want the championship to stay in the mountains and preferably in the SMC. BUT i’m so sick of hearing all the garbage that’s spewed on here everyday I don’t care anymore. Because of a few posters from a few schools I don’t care if they win or lose. I shouldn’t let the actions of a few ruin my loyalty to the conference but it’s time for a few to grow up[/QUOTE]
And I'm sure it hurts feelings if you decide not to pull for certain teams.

QUOTE="Wildcat10fan, post: 618409, member: 5530"]Preach it brother !! I’ve pulled for the SMC all my life. I want the championship to stay in the mountains and preferably in the SMC. BUT i’m so sick of hearing all the garbage that’s spewed on here everyday I don’t care anymore. Because of a few posters from a few schools I don’t care if they win or lose. I shouldn’t let the actions of a few ruin my loyalty to the conference but it’s time for a few to grow up
And I'm sure it hurts feelings if you decide not to pull for certain teams.[/QUOTE]
Lol. Did I touch a nerve

For numbers comparison throughout the years, here are some schools with a bigger enrollment than Murphy (over 800 students) who Murphy has played and with a winning record against them:

I'm surprised Murphy has only played Smoky 18 times. Y'all were in the same conference for a while, and I know yall had a series going fairly recently. Maybe now that Smoky is winning a few games they will reschedule yall.

East Rutherford: 57-66, per Maxpreps.

A couple of good first round appearance, a few second round losses, and even a "no-show" for the playoffs a time or two.

#bigthings
#bawlin'

I'm surprised Murphy has only played Smoky 18 times. Y'all were in the same conference for a while, and I know yall had a series going fairly recently. Maybe now that Smoky is winning a few games they will reschedule yall.

Smokey has only been in "existence" since 1988. Probably a deeper history with its predecessor(s), Sylva Webster and Cullowhee.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Smokey has only been in "existence" since 1988. Probably a deeper history with its predecessor(s), Sylva Webster and Cullowhee.

Yeah, I'm an idiot and forgot that. I had a coach when I was a JV that would start yelling about "Smoky-Webster" when he got fired up and confused.

Reactions: btango and Swain97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT