ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle pinnix

tarheel fan1

Dec 2, 2011
The upcoming senior qb for reidsville,

offers are starting to roll in with Wofford and Fordham offering.

Wofford has awesome football facilities and stadium. Jerry and the Panthers did a great job updating the Spartanburg school.

Reactions: UNC91
Mule, I believe some more will pull the trigger. Gotta think the local schools will be in. I’m intrigued by that freshman receiver coming in. I’m hearing a lot of good things.

Reactions: UNC91
Mule, I believe some more will pull the trigger. Gotta think the local schools will be in. I’m intrigued by that freshman receiver coming in. I’m hearing a lot of good things.
Lots more players than just him coming in this fall. Assuming, of course, we have a football season.

Easy easy. Flippen is very talented but Pass is super grounded and zero issues. Pass and others need to wrap their arm around him and teach him the best way to advance

Flippen played for Reidsville Middle....don't where he lives but not sure out of town kids can play for another town while in middle school but I'm probably wrong...........

Flippen played for Reidsville Middle....don't where he lives but not sure out of town kids can play for another town while in middle school but I'm probably wrong...........

Don't forget, Reidsville has the IB Program and if a student enters that program they can live anywhere in Rockingham County.

Kyle Pinnix lives in Eden as have other football players lived outside Reidsville over the years. You must be an excellent student to be accepted into that program.

There are those on the Rockingham County School Board who want to move the IB Program to Rockingham County High or Morehead High, at least for some because they believe it gives Reidsville High an advantage both for athletics and academics.

When we approved the IB Program for Reidsville High more than 30 years ago those other high schools had the same opportunity to apply for the IB Program but they declined to do so. I can speak for certainty here because then Sup. John Kinlaw told us about the IB Program and we approved, I believe $10,000 to apply for certification. For those high schools who passed on the opportunity, sometime you just have to live with the mistakes you make.

And I thought Flippen was a running back.

Last edited:
Let's just say I'm not a Reidsville fan. I do know a lot of Morehead supporters.

It's my understanding this kid in question grew up in Eden and played youth football in Eden. He somehow wound up at Reidsville Middle a couple of years ago. From what I have heard, he lives with a relative to attend Reidsville Middle and his legal gaurdian still lives in Eden. Of course I'll be the first to say that could be all rumors from bitter fans of a rival.

As far as middle schoolers transferring I have no ide what your county policy allows. I think it's easier to get a kid transferred in elementary and middle school than it is once they get to high school. Every transfer at the high school level is more scrutinized. No one is thinking that an individual would transfer a child in elementary or middle school for athletic purposes. Once they are "planted" into a district I think people can make a better case for grandfathering them into said high school district once they move to 9th grade.

As to Pinnix, he is the real deal in every way. I think the kid could go bigger than FCS. I had heard he lived in Eden because some of the same people that have cried about Flippen have mentioned Pinnix. Someone told me he actually started school in Virginia. Is there any truth to that?

IB programs are supposed to be elite but not as much as they are made out to be. It is a loophole that can easily be exploited. I know other schools have them and the percentage of those admitted and those that graduate with actual IB diplomas does not match. Someone should track the percentage of students who meet all the diploma requirements versus those that drop out of the program and earn something less or a regular diploma. I think it would be telling. Going back to the Flippen kid, word from those Eden folk is he would likely not be an IB candidate

Don't forget, Reidsville has the IB Program and if a student enters that program they can live anywhere in Rockingham County.

Kyle Pinnix lives in Eden as have other football players lived outside Reidsville over the years. You must be an excellent student to be accepted into that program.

There are those on the Rockingham County School Board who want to move the IB Program to Rockingham County High or Morehead High, at least for some because they believe it gives Reidsville High an advantage both for athletics and academics.

When we approved the IB Program for Reidsville High more than 30 years ago those other high schools had the same opportunity to apply for the IB Program but they declined to do so. I can speak for certainty here because then Sup. John Kinlaw told us about the IB Program and we approved, I believe $10,000 to apply for certification. For those high schools who passed on the opportunity, sometime you just have to live with the mistakes you make.

And I thought Flippen was a running back.

Over 30 yrs ago? Did it take 10 yrs before IB was implemented at Reidsville, bc I was in the 2nd class to graduate from Reidsville with an IB diploma and I have not been out of hs 20 yrs

Let's just say I'm not a Reidsville fan. I do know a lot of Morehead supporters.

It's my understanding this kid in question grew up in Eden and played youth football in Eden. He somehow wound up at Reidsville Middle a couple of years ago. From what I have heard, he lives with a relative to attend Reidsville Middle and his legal gaurdian still lives in Eden. Of course I'll be the first to say that could be all rumors from bitter fans of a rival.

As far as middle schoolers transferring I have no ide what your county policy allows. I think it's easier to get a kid transferred in elementary and middle school than it is once they get to high school. Every transfer at the high school level is more scrutinized. No one is thinking that an individual would transfer a child in elementary or middle school for athletic purposes. Once they are "planted" into a district I think people can make a better case for grandfathering them into said high school district once they move to 9th grade.

As to Pinnix, he is the real deal in every way. I think the kid could go bigger than FCS. I had heard he lived in Eden because some of the same people that have cried about Flippen have mentioned Pinnix. Someone told me he actually started school in Virginia. Is there any truth to that?

IB programs are supposed to be elite but not as much as they are made out to be. It is a loophole that can easily be exploited. I know other schools have them and the percentage of those admitted and those that graduate with actual IB diplomas does not match. Someone should track the percentage of students who meet all the diploma requirements versus those that drop out of the program and earn something less or a regular diploma. I think it would be telling. Going back to the Flippen kid, word from those Eden folk is he would likely not be an IB candidate

Ask those same Morehead folk about all the non Eden residents in their athletics program while you're at it.

NP Frank. I'll do that. Don't imagine there are many schools today that don't have kids competing that are not out of district.

NCHSAA has struggled with recruiting issues for decades. With home school students now being allowed to compete if they are enrolled part time I think the door has been opened for one day seeing open enrollment the norm more than the exception.

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
Each high school in Rockingham Co has a special program kids can apply for in middle school. Reidsville has IB, RC has the fire academy, Morehead has a nursing/health program, McMichael has the STEM program.

Ive never heard a peep from anyone when young ladies leave the Reidsville district to play golf at RC and win state titles. I never hear anything about softball and baseball players transferring to RC or in the past kids going to Morehead to wrestle. Crickets!

Then when a kid decides to enter the IB program you get the "wink wink" blatant closet racist remarks. I get sick and tired of it. All the while, kids from Reidsville are getting acceptance letters and academic offers from Stanford, Notre Dame and Ivy League schools.

My daughter is a sophomore in the IB Program. She's a better than average softball player. She's been asked to transfer. She's one of three girls of a team of 12 at Reidsville that actually know the game. She's turned down the offers because she loves Reidsville.

When it comes to football at other county schools, they complain about a couple of kids who enter the IB program. They think this kid or that kid will fix their problems. If everyone is honest with themselves they'll say, football is a dying game. Fewer and fewer kids are playing. McMichael is a train wreck at football. It would take Coach Teague years to turn it around and have the athletes. RC has some good coaches but to be very honest, they don't have a lot of pure athletes playing football. They get a good class through every so often but consistency isn't there. Morehead is much the same but I think they have a better stream of talent. I think they're heading in the right direction with their youth program.

Pinnix and his brother actually live in the RC district. They moved when Don Don was elementary school. Both are outstanding students.

Lol Capitol, outside of the people involved, few give a damn about girls golf, baseball/softball and even wrestling. They make no $. Also, I'm fairly certain that through the years some of the coaches in those respective sports, and parents, have complained to the people in charge but to no avail. No one really cares.......because they make no $.

Football, whether it's a dying sport as you say or not, continues to be the main revenue sport at most schools. People care about inequity. When the playing field becomes so uneven as it has in Rockingham County people are going to question. The all time records against your county opponents speaks volumes. You'd think even "chance" would have allowed McMichael to have won one time in the history between y'all. It's not normal to be that good, or that lucky!

There have been more than one or two kids transfer to your school to be in the "IB Program" and play football. No Reidsville backer can deny that you have been the beneficiary of some timely transfers going back almost 20 years now. Someone should come up with a list of kids that have helped you all win state championships that were/are not homegrown. I'm told the list would be extensive.

Two Q's, first, why did you bring up race? Nothing about anything I've posted even hints of race. Two, who the hell is Don Don?

Lol Capitol, outside of the people involved, few give a damn about girls golf, baseball/softball and even wrestling. They make no $. Also, I'm fairly certain that through the years some of the coaches in those respective sports, and parents, have complained to the people in charge but to no avail. No one really cares.......because they make no $.

Football, whether it's a dying sport as you say or not, continues to be the main revenue sport at most schools. People care about inequity. When the playing field becomes so uneven as it has in Rockingham County people are going to question. The all time records against your county opponents speaks volumes. You'd think even "chance" would have allowed McMichael to have won one time in the history between y'all. It's not normal to be that good, or that lucky!

There have been more than one or two kids transfer to your school to be in the "IB Program" and play football. No Reidsville backer can deny that you have been the beneficiary of some timely transfers going back almost 20 years now. Someone should come up with a list of kids that have helped you all win state championships that were/are not homegrown. I'm told the list would be extensive.

Two Q's, first, why did you bring up race? Nothing about anything I've posted even hints of race. Two, who the hell is Don Don?

I would like to see this list.
Anyway not for nothing, us reidsville folks are upset how low our numbers are. We should have more kids than 700 going to the school

Reactions: Kylar2018
Agree w that Tarheel. Enrollment though over entire county is down. It's been trending that way for years now. Morehead and McMichael have 200+ less than when this current realignment began to take shape in 2015-16. Even RC has less today than then.

I think I understand where your frustration lies but the biggest culprit can likely be traced to loss of industry in our county. We have very little. Textiles started leaving 25 yrs ago, then the two best paying employers, American Tobacco & Miller, pulled out. Not much reason for young people to stay or come back unless they work in a government job. It's sad.

I applaud the local leaders who've tried to lure manufacturing but the honest truth is our location probably hurts more than helps. Our proximity to Greensboro, W-S, Burlington and even Danville makes us a perfect bedroom community. Other than that and a lower tax rate, we don't have a whole lot more to offer.

Combine all of the above with our current crisis and I find myself feeling silly for worrying about transfers. Someone said it early in this thread or others. "Wonder if there will be a high school season?" I hope so regardless of who is playing for who.

Agree w that Tarheel. Enrollment though over entire county is down. It's been trending that way for years now. Morehead and McMichael have 200+ less than when this current realignment began to take shape in 2015-16. Even RC has less today than then.

I think I understand where your frustration lies but the biggest culprit can likely be traced to loss of industry in our county. We have very little. Textiles started leaving 25 yrs ago, then the two best paying employers, American Tobacco & Miller, pulled out. Not much reason for young people to stay or come back unless they work in a government job. It's sad.

I applaud the local leaders who've tried to lure manufacturing but the honest truth is our location probably hurts more than helps. Our proximity to Greensboro, W-S, Burlington and even Danville makes us a perfect bedroom community. Other than that and a lower tax rate, we don't have a whole lot more to offer.

Combine all of the above with our current crisis and I find myself feeling silly for worrying about transfers. Someone said it early in this thread or others. "Wonder if there will be a high school season?" I hope so regardless of who is playing for who.

Rockingham still has well over 1,000 kids I still don't think they should be that bad. He should make a impact. He transferred mid season last season. I'm not expecting anyone in the county to be above 500, besides Reidsville.

I have another Q. This is a serious Q that might warrant it's own thread but while it's on my mind I thought I'd ask.

Has anyone ever thought that merging all the school systems in our county might not have been the best thing to do?

This has been discussed in small circles but it's almost taboo to bring it up. I know before the pandemic High Point city leaders were studying whether or not their district schools had benefitted from merging with Guilford County & Greensboro City. I never heard what they concluded.

It was an educational trend 20-25 years ago to go bigger.. A few systems held out and did not. I'm not I have an opinion either way but it is an interesting Q and one that has had an impact on HS athletics.

Not familiar with the mid season transfer terheel is referencing.

Morehead may not beat Reidsville but they will surprise some people. RC will be improved too. NEG may hire a good coach to replace coach Bates but the consensus is the conference just got a little weaker with him leaaving. WA is also trending down. No where close to what thet were just 5 years ago. EA will still be the team to beat with NG a distant 2nd. After that it's wide open.

Not familiar with the mid season transfer terheel is referencing.

Morehead may not beat Reidsville but they will surprise some people. RC will be improved too. NEG may hire a good coach to replace coach Bates but the consensus is the conference just got a little weaker with him leaaving. WA is also trending down. No where close to what thet were just 5 years ago. EA will still be the team to beat with NG a distant 2nd. After that it's wide open.

I thought Morehead lost quite a bit? out number 23 left mid season, I had heard he was in Eden, not sure though.

No direct contact w coaches or players at Morehead. Just know some supporters. No one has mentioned any transfer. I'll ask.

I was at RC game at it was Morehead Sr. Nite. I counted 12-13 seniors. About half started. I did note that all 4 starting DB's were seniors.

Don Don is Kyle Pinnix's older brother.

Sorry for the confusion on Don Don. I wasn't really referring to money produced or the sports themselves. I was just pointing out that no one bitches, complains or has any issues with kids leaving Reidsville for another school. It only comes up when a kid comes in for football. There are plenty of other kids in other sports that are in the IB program. Never hear anything about those kids.

Each high school in Rockingham Co has a special program kids can apply for in middle school. Reidsville has IB, RC has the fire academy, Morehead has a nursing/health program, McMichael has the STEM program.

Ive never heard a peep from anyone when young ladies leave the Reidsville district to play golf at RC and win state titles. I never hear anything about softball and baseball players transferring to RC or in the past kids going to Morehead to wrestle. Crickets!

Then when a kid decides to enter the IB program you get the "wink wink" blatant closet racist remarks. I get sick and tired of it. All the while, kids from Reidsville are getting acceptance letters and academic offers from Stanford, Notre Dame and Ivy League schools.

My daughter is a sophomore in the IB Program. She's a better than average softball player. She's been asked to transfer. She's one of three girls of a team of 12 at Reidsville that actually know the game. She's turned down the offers because she loves Reidsville.

When it comes to football at other county schools, they complain about a couple of kids who enter the IB program. They think this kid or that kid will fix their problems. If everyone is honest with themselves they'll say, football is a dying game. Fewer and fewer kids are playing. McMichael is a train wreck at football. It would take Coach Teague years to turn it around and have the athletes. RC has some good coaches but to be very honest, they don't have a lot of pure athletes playing football. They get a good class through every so often but consistency isn't there. Morehead is much the same but I think they have a better stream of talent. I think they're heading in the right direction with their youth program.

Pinnix and his brother actually live in the RC district. They moved when Don Don was elementary school. Both are outstanding students.
That’s why I fool with you, you know what’s going on and not afraid to say it.

Wofford is good solid SC program. Nice facilities. He may become a superstar at that level. I honestly thought he'd go BCS just not power 5.

Congratulations Kyle

Wofford is good solid SC program. Nice facilities. He may become a superstar at that level. I honestly thought he'd go BCS just not power 5.

Congratulations Kyle

He still may get some of those offers. I thought he was going to ncat

Wofford does have a good program. They are getting a good player in Pinnix and I thought he may get some bigger offers. Good talent at every level.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT