ADVERTISEMENT

KM VS THE UNBEATABLE GOLDEN LIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA we'll see about that KM passing game. #11 is the best QB in the county and will show it Friday.I like the way everyone seems to have KM figured out. This is not your Daddy's Mountie team, strap up!

You think? The teams Kings Mountain has played so far combine for one measly win on the season. One! Cuthbertson has won a game, the other teams are still winless. You guys are going to get exposed Friday.
Shelby beat Freedom who has victories against E. Burke, Draughn, and Patton.
AC who hasn't beat a team with a victory
Burns who is 1-3
Crest who beat TC 20-14 while KM beat them 38-17
Too early to be making assumptions off of the schedule.

Good news is today lions had great practice, also one of our Dbs will be playing fri, originally didnt think he would be.
Km D looks pretty good on film, but gotta agree they havent played much completion yet.
I still think its a matter of time before Shelbys offense gets to rolling.
Km offense will be a powerful one, but our D has played well,
Going to be a hard fought game, still think Shelby 21- 10
that great news that Shelby will be 100% healthy we would not want THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS to have any excuses Friday night, there will not be any pressure on KM because we not suppose to have any chance to defeat THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zelhunt
that great news that Shelby will be 100% healthy we would not want THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS to have any excuses Friday night, there will not be any pressure on KM because we not suppose to any chance to defeat THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS.
Your trying to sell the underdog card, yet you bragged about all those middle school and JV titles and said our time was coming to an end. So, does this mean this our last year? Last time I checked y'all have been doing well in middle school and JV for some time, so isn't the pressure really on y'all to produce?

LA we'll see about that KM passing game. #11 is the best QB in the county and will show it Friday.I like the way everyone seems to have KM figured out. This is not your Daddy's Mountie team, strap up!
Not even, he's apparently your son or relative. You're entitled to your opinion, though. I like him better as an athlete, receiver or defensive back. He's a running threat, but I definitely want him passing the ball. He will surely throw 2 or more interceptions Friday, two that will have you saying to yourself, "he just threw it right to the Shelby db".

KM has some good athletes as well as shelby, should be a hard fought game. KM will have 2 show some balance in the passing and running game to keep it close. Imo this game will be won in the trenches OL vs DL for both teams

Reactions: madman11 and KM2ASU
Not even, he's apparently your son or relative. You're entitled to your opinion, though. I like him better as an athlete, receiver or defensive back. He's a running threat, but I definitely want him passing the ball. He will surely throw 2 or more interceptions Friday, two that will have you saying to yourself, "he just threw it right to the Shelby db".

Yeah let's not fly stupid...let's all remember these are kids.

Just want to piggyback on your thought LA....Going back to Burns game last year. WR/CB/and Spc Teams player (3 positions)...came in and did an admiral job as a Soph QB....No doubt helped him coming into this season. So going back to my first statement. Even though it didn't happen like some would have wanted you to believe back in the Spring, why would it have been wrong to look at the option of the JV QB this year, and gain 3 starting spots back, if it helped the team?

Nothing is off the table, I'm sure, but the kid was and has been first option all along.

Fantastic kid, student-athlete, with tremendous upside...Go to battle with this kid any day.

Ya'll have fun with banter, but remember at the end of the day..........

Your trying to sell the underdog card, yet you bragged about all those middle school and JV titles and said our time was coming to an end. So, does this mean this our last year? Last time I checked y'all have been doing well in middle school and JV for some time, so isn't the pressure really on y'all to produce?

Not arguing your point.....but just trying to make a couple of, what I think are Fair statements. Going back to 2012 Middle school Championship, for whatever reason not all kids continue to play football. Some have a sport specific mentality and concentrate solely on Basketball or Baseball, or something else.

We all know too, that a handful of very good athletes can make a huge difference at the Middle School and JV level, but Varsity is a different animal.

And I'm not even going to address the injury and turd problems. Everybody has those too, but we had a good run 12-14 lol. really not funny.

Reactions: beamer24
you are right, this years JUNOIRS & SOPHMORES AND FRESHMAN classes are the first wave of all those titles to play on the varsity team. only time will tell how well they will do. but I like our chances to do well in the coming years ahead.

We will see!

Reactions: Lion Attack

Just want to piggyback on your thought LA....Going back to Burns game last year. WR/CB/and Spc Teams player (3 positions)...came in and did an admiral job as a Soph QB....No doubt helped him coming into this season. So going back to my first statement. Even though it didn't happen like some would have wanted you to believe back in the Spring, why would it have been wrong to look at the option of the JV QB this year, and gain 3 starting spots back, if it helped the team?

Nothing is off the table, I'm sure, but the kid was and has been first option all along.

Fantastic kid, student-athlete, with tremendous upside...Go to battle with this kid any day.

What did I say that was below the belt? I gave an opinion. I saw him as an athlete, before he took over as quarterback, and I liked him better as an athlete. What was stupid about that comment? And, strategically, I do want him passing, as opposed to running.

He said #11 was the best quarterback in the county. Should I feel "dissed" considering the quarterback at Shelby, as a junior, help lead his team to the first conference championship in years, a state championship, and an undefeated season, NC Preps all state quarterback? The man gave his opinion just as I did. To say I hit below the belt with my opinion, let's not fly stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zelhunt
My bad.....I should have clarified my statement. I was actually referring to his statement, not yours. And the statement of yours I actually agreed with was in contradiction to another posters accusation earlier in the year.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I think this is going to be a great game but i see Shelby pulling away in the 3rd....maybe not. When it comes to a county rivalry anything goes. I agree with KM that the young sop came in to the Burns game last year under intense pressure and did a very good job as a 14/15 year old kid. I think sometimes us old farts forget how young some of these guys are. Best of luck to both teams on an injury free game as some hard hits are gonna be laid out.

Hey, if I offended anyone by stating an opinion I apologize. Me stating an opinion on the QB of KM wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings nor was it meant to slight any 18 yr old kid. I'm just bigging up my team and hope Shelby continues to look the other way and past us. Cya Friday and good luck!

Reactions: madman11
Let's stop all of this, "It's going to be a close game" chatter. We all know deep down what's going to happen. Shelby will win easily. Not as easily as the Burns game.....:(.......but it will be double digits throughout most of the game.

Wow! Best offense Shelby will have seen so far? So, you made this proclamation after facing stout defenses in South Caldwell, TC Roberson, and Cuthbertson? KM's bread and butter is the halfback iso play to Mack out of the shotgun. Force KM into 3rd and longs. The KM quarterback is an athlete, but he doesn't scare me throwing the ball.
KM has more athletes and speed than ever b4, these boys are hungry and ready. This will be coach Lloyds best opportunity in I would say at least 5 years. If the coaches let them boys loose we will be good. The Qb can throw if we can provide enough protection and we have plenty of receivers. KM 34 shelby 24.

KM has more athletes and speed than ever b4, these boys are hungry and ready. This will be coach Lloyds best opportunity in I would say at least 5 years. If the coaches let them boys loose we will be good. The Qb can throw if we can provide enough protection and we have plenty of receivers. KM 34 shelby 24.
If we give up 34 to KM , we may give up 60 or more to South Pointe next week. I think #44, 5, and #33 at LB may keep that from happening Friday, but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Hey, if I offended anyone by stating an opinion I apologize. Me stating an opinion on the QB of KM wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings nor was it meant to slight any 18 yr old kid. I'm just bigging up my team and hope Shelby continues to look the other way and past us. Cya Friday and good luck!
You have our undivided attention. One week at a time. It's your week. Feel special?

Reactions: 72 State Champion
KM has more athletes and speed than ever b4, these boys are hungry and ready. This will be coach Lloyds best opportunity in I would say at least 5 years.
But, for at least 5 years, KM fans and posters have said that exact same thing. KM scoring 34 points on our defense? Man, beating those "rooty poots", cupcakes, has y'all KM guys really gassed up, but you will see your Mountaineers and its fan base humbled after Friday night. Shelby by 21 or more, and yes, I'm serious.

Exactly! KM's opponents on the season:
South Caldwell 0-3
TC Roberson 0-4
Cuthbertson 1-3
Shelby has not been that impressive check freedoms opponents

KM2asu what exactly did zellhunt say that was considered flying stupid. Maybe you should go back and read it nothing disrespectful just stating his opinion.

Yet, Shelby still has more athletes and better coaching. So it doesn't matter how many you have.

But, for at least 5 years, KM fans and posters have said that exact same thing. KM scoring 34 points on our defense? Man, beating those "rooty poots", cupcakes, has y'all KM guys really gassed up, but you will see your Mountaineers and its fan base humbled after Friday night. Shelby by 21 or more, and yes, I'm serious.
Come join us back in Realville. Don't let a few hyped posters get you off your game.

The Shelby QB is likely the best in the County right now, he has the stats/accolades/RING to prove it. The KM QB is a pretty good one and he may be the best in the county after this season. There is no denying that Km has some talented players coming up, my only concern is will coaching hold them back? Lloyd may be a decent coach but years past he has under developed w some very good kids. This is coming from VERY reliable sources. (not Dumb@$$ fans in the stands) that the kids just dont reach full potential at KM. For our benefit, Im glad they dont. Should be a good game, Mack and the QB will have to make big plays but idk if the sophomores are ready yet...good luck to both, hope its a good one.

Come join us back in Realville. Don't let a few hyped posters get you off your game.
So, you'd really be surprised if we blow them out? I think you're the lone wolf on this one, along w/ your pal, SHS LION. Heck, Chase would have him nervous. I'm doubling down on it, Shelby by 21 or more.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
@madman11

So, you'd really be surprised if we blow them out? I think you're the lone wolf on this one, along w/ your pal, SHS LION. Heck, Chase would have him nervous. I'm doubling down on it, Shelby by 21 or more.
I think one group keeps us from blowing them out and that's oline. I am not knocking our oline my son played oline there, but I think we are still inexperienced at that position. We can't score inside the 20 for some reason. I would love to see them move Dax to FB at the goal line and let 12 or 14 run behind him, but he may be too banged up to risk it. Not scoring inside the 20 has been a problem actually before these guys were on the oline now. Need to get that figured out , we left way too many points off the scoreboard last week.

you are right THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS may have more athletes than KM but this group has learned how to win and expects to win and to me that make them very dangerous.
I was about to ask how do you know this based on the cream puffs you've played, but I saw it was you, and know you go all the way back to junior pee wee to determine this.

Last edited:
I think one group keeps us from blowing them out and that's oline. I am not knocking our oline my son played oline there, but I think we are still inexperienced at that position. We can't score inside the 20 for some reason. I would love to see them move Dax to FB at the goal line and let 12 or 14 run behind him, but he may be too banged up to risk it. Not scoring inside the 20 has been a problem actually before these guys were on the oline now. Need to get that figured out , we left way too many points off the scoreboard last week.

Thanks for validating my previous post about a possible weakness the Lions have, wasnt meant to be an insult just a fact that there can be improvement.

I think you get nervous about walking in from the parking lot..... ;);)
When I lived beside Coach Norman for many years it always seemed when they had a great week of practice before a big game it never went went good. As for this week I do believe it will be close and as Hitman said we can't keep leaving points on the field.

Cuthbertson had them 14- 6 at halftime. The same Cuthbertson that was blown out by a bad JM Robinson team. We're blowing KM out.
No more Daddy Ball at Km they playing their athletes. Our athletes against yours I'll take KM's. I hope to see some of you at the game. Oh and crest's offense is garbage, they best all around player comes from KM JV last year.

No more Daddy Ball at Km they playing their athletes. Our athletes against yours I'll take KM's. I hope to see some of you at the game. Oh and crest's offense is garbage, they best all around player comes from KM JV last year.
Lol

Good seeing some new KM posters, though. For the longest, KM2ASU was the Don, solo representative of everything KM.

Good seeing some new KM posters, though. For the longest, KM2ASU was the Don, solo representative of everything KM.

I think I'm retiring LA.....as a good friend of mine says....I'm old and tired. I can accept the friendly banter, but there's statements everywhere that has me SMDH, and without unnecessarily dragging names into this, I'm going to bow out.

My word of advice for the newcomers: Be Humble in Victory, and don't Log Off in Defeat.

Is the KM QB your boy Zelhunt?

They are coming outa the wood works!! Its probably KMs fault the Zanders kid played JV last year,could have been varsity for sure. Best player on the field for Crest right now. I like the trash talk, just like KM2ASU said, be humble in victory and dont log off in defeat. Nothing like spicing up things around here, just dont be a one hit wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT