ADVERTISEMENT

KM VS THE UNBEATABLE GOLDEN LIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountie pride

Nov 20, 2016
My predication is KM will play hard from the first snap to the last snap and give their very best effort against the heavily flavor unbeatable might golden lions.

After watching quietly the last few weeks

KM has every chance to win this game, and Shelby isn't as strong as I once thought they were.

I think KM takes conference this year, especially after the Huskies Choked the big one against hickory.

After watching quietly the last few weeks

KM has every chance to win this game, and Shelby isn't as strong as I once thought they were.

I think KM takes conference this year, especially after the Huskies Choked the big one against hickory.
We went 4-0 against 4 traditionally good programs. What else were we supposed to do?

Hey Hitman, he might be referring to the 25 in a row.

Shelby not playing their best yet, and it's still good enough to win. The same for KM, but maybe not at the same level.

Playing even, no turnovers, few penalties....just offense, defense....Shelby probably wins more times than not. KM needs to get Shelby off the field on 3rd down, or turn them over, and if flags fly, hopefully the visitors side are the ones upset.

The last 2 times we've been to Shelby, we dropped what could have been a pick 6 on Shelby's opening drive. KM kids need to make those type plays to have a good chance.

As far as conference....still a week away, and I see several different scenarios that could happen there.

Reactions: HitmanT
Km, much improved team, but remember we still have a very good D, Km has still made alot of Mistakes on offense, fumbles etc.
IAnd i for one think KM D is sub par.
As for our Offense we are still trying to find our identity, we show times of being better and hard to stop, to times of being flat out bad.
It will be a hard fought battle being at Km, but im saying Shelby 21- Km -10
Note; Shelby cant be looking ahead or thinking bout RH- South Pointe of next week

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Hey Hitman, he might be referring to the 25 in a row.

Shelby not playing their best yet, and it's still good enough to win. The same for KM, but maybe not at the same level.

Playing even, no turnovers, few penalties....just offense, defense....Shelby probably wins more times than not. KM needs to get Shelby off the field on 3rd down, or turn them over, and if flags fly, hopefully the visitors side are the ones upset.

The last 2 times we've been to Shelby, we dropped what could have been a pick 6 on Shelby's opening drive. KM kids need to make those type plays to have a good chance.

As far as conference....still a week away, and I see several different scenarios that could happen there.
I'm not taking KM lightly. Mack is a stud and the QB can take off and run. Last year your QB made some mistakes because it was his first game. If it hadn't been for that the game may have been a lot closer. I remember the Mack kid breaking off a 50 yard run to the 10 and y'all fumbled the next play. Our weaknesses up front on Oline will keep our offense from moving the ball consistently.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I'm not saying Shelby isn't good. I know the Crest vs Shelby rivalry is really different from most games...but the freedom game I chalked up to it being the first game and the lions were nervous, however the offensive line played sloppy against Crest and I'd make them boys run like crazy for practice this coming week if I was coach so they'd know how the QB for Shelby felt running for his life.

Gotta block. KM defense is not as good as Crests. But the offense is better, and Shelby's D hasn't seen a potent O yet.

Not say KM offense is SPECTACULAR but it'll be the best Shelby has seen so far, so let's see this lions defense...

I'm not saying Shelby isn't good. I know the Crest vs Shelby rivalry is really different from most games...but the freedom game I chalked up to it being the first game and the lions were nervous, however the offensive line played sloppy against Crest and I'd make them boys run like crazy for practice this coming week if I was coach so they'd know how the QB for Shelby felt running for his life.

Gotta block. KM defense is not as good as Crests. But the offense is better, and Shelby's D hasn't seen a potent O yet.

Not say KM offense is SPECTACULAR but it'll be the best Shelby has seen so far, so let's see this lions defense...
100% agree

Yea, let's make them run a lot, that will teach them how to block better. I'd rather spend more time on techniques and schemes. Unless it was lack of effort, then run them boys into the ground.

Km, much improved team, but remember we still have a very good D, Km has still made alot of Mistakes on offense, fumbles etc.
IAnd i for one think KM D is sub par.
As for our Offense we are still trying to find our identity, we show times of being better and hard to stop, to times of being flat out bad.
It will be a hard fought battle being at Km, but im saying Shelby 21- Km -10
Note; Shelby cant be looking ahead or thinking bout RH- South Pointe of next week
after hearing some teams talking about how young their team was I made a list of KM 22 starters, 10 seniors 7 junior 2 sop and 2 freshmen.only 4 starters on offensive are seniors. I think we are pretty young also.

I have to disagree with this. In the weeks since we have played them, Freedom has averaged 40 points a game...yes I realize the competition but that is still a lot of points...120 over the last 3 games. Their offense scored 0 on us. AC Reynolds has averaged 50 points per game in their other 3 games. That is 150 points over 3 games. I realize the competition here too. They technically scored 0 against us as the 50 yard pass that setup the one yard TD run was actually incomplete. They both have potent offenses. We have an exceptional defense.

Crest ran for a little over 200 yards on us. About 100 of that came on 2 plays. It seemed as though we were stunting out of the play. The team will watch film and grow from it. I still say it will be extremely difficult to run on our defense. I guess we will find out in 4 days.

Mack will have to carry the load and wear that Shelby D down by the 4th quarter. Km D line should get to the QB but the hard part is bringing him down and not letting him make plays outside the pocket. This game is a good one for both teams.

Those Shelby boys have rubbed 4 leaves off of a Clover, rusted a horseshoe and broken all their crossed fingers. It's down to bad odds now. Go Mountaineers!

A team that has winning state as a goal rather than trying 2 make playoffs. When was the last time you won your conference? A good team is measured by success. What is your success story? 94 state champs; That your future is bright. Not the resume for a traditionally good program.

A team that has winning state as a goal rather than trying 2 make playoffs. When was the last time you won your conference? A good team is measured by success. What is your success story? 94 state champs; That your future is bright. Not the resume for a traditionally good program.

so I guess by your standards, there are maybe 10 "good" programs across the state.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see that you never been a part of 1

haha, I have been part of plenty "good teams" Id be curious to know what your resume is. Being "apart of one" and PLAYING FOR ONE is 2 different things. Stick to playing MindCraft in your moms basement bud

Well we won the conference 3 years in a row when Matt Beam was there, so that's the last time we won the conference. We beat some great Shelby teams during that stretch too. I think the last year of that was 2013. The last 15 years are average "win-loss" record is 8-4. That includes 3 years where we went 1-10, 3-7, and 4-6. Take those away and you've got an average record of 10-3. I'd say those are traditionally good records, and we are a traditionally good program. Not a great or powerful program, but good program.

haha, I have been part of plenty "good teams" Id be curious to know what your resume is. Being "apart of one" and PLAYING FOR ONE is 2 different things. Stick to playing MindCraft in your moms basement bud

I know it is hard 2 believe but some programs have a win state or bust type of mentality. Just ask a true charger or golden lion. You don't win 2nd 3rd and 4th ; you lose 1st. This is football not your mom's bearded lady strippers competition. & my resume is lengthy with state rings and several bowl rings. What you got? Also I like mine craft, your moms got next. Tell her to wear that same outfit.

I know it is hard 2 believe but some programs have a win state or bust type of mentality. Just ask a true charger or golden lion. You don't win 2nd 3rd and 4th ; you lose 1st. This is football not your mom's bearded lady strippers competition. & my resume is lengthy with state rings and several bowl rings. What you got? Also I like mine craft, your moms got next. Tell her to wear that same outfit.

If it is win or bust, then, you are gonna be in for some long years the next few seasons. matter of fact, 98% of the teams in the state are not considered good programs by those guidelines. I couldn't even tell you how to play mind craft or what my mom wore, but have her call me sometime. If you are rocking several bowl wins, then maybe you should grace Crest with your extensive knowledge instead of thumping your chest on a message board. Unless we are talking Madden or NCAA then my resume is just as lengthy.

I thought this thread was about the battle for buffalo creek...instead it has turned into a troll pissing competition.

I'm disappointed in you Burns fellas, letting some newbie reel you in so easily.

Reactions: Freshman-poster
I thought this thread was about the battle for buffalo creek...instead it has turned into a troll pissing competition.

I'm disappointed in you Burns fellas, letting some newbie reel you in so easily.
quite the contrary, I feel like im just taking my belt off and showing some board discipline....and I mean whippings before some of you Shelby inmates get too excited

Well back on topic,

Shelby has escaped two close losses that could have easily went the other way...ACR and Burns were more complete games.

KM hasn't played the same level of competition, but these boys are confident they can "that team" that finally upsets the lions. ASSUMING the Defense doesn't lose control of the game. If KM is with in 3 points of Shelby in the 4th quarter, I say KM takes the W

KM defense is not as good as Crests. But the offense is better, and Shelby's D hasn't seen a potent O yet.

Wow! Best offense Shelby will have seen so far? So, you made this proclamation after facing stout defenses in South Caldwell, TC Roberson, and Cuthbertson? KM's bread and butter is the halfback iso play to Mack out of the shotgun. Force KM into 3rd and longs. The KM quarterback is an athlete, but he doesn't scare me throwing the ball.

Last edited:
KM hasn't played the same level of competition.

You think? The teams Kings Mountain has played so far combine for one measly win on the season. One! Cuthbertson has won a game, the other teams are still winless. You guys are going to get exposed Friday.

Last edited:
Wow! Best offense Shelby will have seen so far? So, you made this proclamation after facing stout defenses in South Caldwell, TC Roberson, and Cuthbertson? KM's bread and butter in the halfback iso play to Mack out of the shotgun. Force KM into 3rd and longs. The KM quarterback is an athlete, but he doesn't scare me throwing the ball.
I got Shelby 21-0 after 3 weeks some of these teams have played no one

Good news is today lions had great practice, also one of our Dbs will be playing fri, originally didnt think he would be.
Km D looks pretty good on film, but gotta agree they havent played much completion yet.
I still think its a matter of time before Shelbys offense gets to rolling.
Km offense will be a powerful one, but our D has played well,
Going to be a hard fought game, still think Shelby 21- 10

Good news is today lions had great practice, also one of our Dbs will be playing fri, originally didnt think he would be.
Km D looks pretty good on film, but gotta agree they havent played much completion yet.
I still think its a matter of time before Shelbys offense gets to rolling.
Km offense will be a powerful one, but our D has played well,
Going to be a hard fought game, still think Shelby 21- 10
I always get nervous about Friday night when the coaches say we had a great week of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT