ADVERTISEMENT

KM VS JAY M ROBINSON

Rev,
Obviously you have no clue about the JMR QB. Robinsons strength is their running game. QB is solid but cannot carry the team. Please restrict your comments to topics your passionate about, Cleveland County transfer rules and former players living arrangements.
I was thinking the same thing Xchamp but they were playing 2 qbs. But I don't think they do now. The other qb could cause problems with the run and pass. The bottom line is you need a mobile qb because like I said last week. The rbs and qbs ain't faced the pounding they will receive friday night. KM by 20. KM Football Is Coming!

this is just an opinion knowing that robinson beat crest last week im giving them a really good chance this week. from what ive heard i think kings mtn should be favored though. good luck to both teams.

Saw on maxpreps this game tied at 40 each? WOW Any updates?

Catholic is going to have a field day if either of these teams doesn't find a defense and find one fast

Reactions: frifalcon
Km kicker had missed 2 already .....gotta go for the win . Better to lose that way Than a missed x tra pt.

Reactions: HitmanT
Extremely tough loss for the Mountaineers. Congrats to Robinson. Both teams played hard. The Mountaineers definitely appeared to be the stronger team but made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Reid for Robinson and the big DT #75 are ballers but it appeared that the Mountaineers were mostly in control of the game. Robinson was able to get some big plays by catching KM's D off balance with option plays, counter plays, and quick hitting plays that took advantage of the aggressiveness of KM. KM's offense was pretty much unstoppable in this game. KM turned it over 3 or 4 times and still scored 46 points. The Mountaineers definitely had more than a few officiating calls go against them that either stopped huge plays by the Mountaineers or gave Robinson life or a new series of downs. Calls usually balance out in the end but the Mountaineers definitely got the short end of the stick in that area. I an still wondering what explanation could have been given when the Robinson qb pitched on an option play and the pitch was fumbled by Robinson and recovered by KM but given back to Robinson. That was huge. There were also a couple of other head scratching calls. This loss will sting because of the way the game played out but the Mountaineers(players and coaches) had a great season and will be loaded for bear next season.

The endzone camera showed KM 3 dive on the ball about a yard before the sideline ticks. He slid with the ball OB and immediately came up with it. The ref said he gained possession OB so he gave it back to JMR. No excuses but the next play Reid goes 75 yards basically untouched. The punt that hit our DBs leg flipped field position, and that hurt. TE got tied up in traffic, the official moved down on him, and then JMR 23 made a good play to get position for the pick 6.

Could break it down all day but can't play it over....just a hard fought high school play off game. If KM doesn't go for 2 in the 1st OT, JMR most likely does in the 2nd. The right call. It was our best running play all night, but give JMR 11 credit for getting a hand on an ankle.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes this year everyone. May will be here before we know it.

Last edited:
The endzone camera showed KM 3 dive on the ball about a yard before the sideline ticks. He slid with the ball OB and immediately came up with it. The ref said he gained possession OB so he gave it back to JMR. No excuses but the next play Reid goes 75 yards basically untouched. The punt that hit our gunners leg flipped field position, and that hurt. TE got tied up in traffic, the official moved down on him, and then JMR 23 made a good play to get position for the pick 6.

Could break it down all day but can't play it over....just a hard fought high school play off game. If KM doesn't go for 2 in the 1st OT, JMR most likely does in the 2nd. The right call. It was our best running play all night, but give JMR 11 credit for getting a hand on an ankle.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes this year everyone. May will be here before we know it.
I thought
The endzone camera showed KM 3 dive on the ball about a yard before the sideline ticks. He slid with the ball OB and immediately came up with it. The ref said he gained possession OB so he gave it back to JMR. No excuses but the next play Reid goes 75 yards basically untouched. The punt that hit our gunners leg flipped field position, and that hurt. TE got tied up in traffic, the official moved down on him, and then JMR 23 made a good play to get position for the pick 6.

Yes I agree a hard fought game that can’t be played over. The pass interference call was a tough call also. I thought your guy used great trail technique when he batted the ball down. I agree that going for two in OT was a good call. Your D definitely softened the qb and Reid up for Catholic. Both were helped up off the by their teammates multiple times. Neither can be 100% for next week.

He never had control of the fumble

I was sitting on the Robinson side directly where that fumble happened, the KM player had the ball trapped in his stomach and slid 5 to 6 feet with it going out of bounds. Every Robinson fan that sat on that end said they didn't see how he could have seen that because it was very clear and wasn't close.
On the overtime extra points call, i was surprised KM didn't run right, seemed like they had best ball movement running that way.

He absolutely did not have control in bounds.
I guess me and ALL the Robinson fans sitting on the far end where it happened can't see. Most would say sliding 5 to 6 feet with a ball trapped in your stomach with hand on the ball would call that control,no biggie this way. On another note, I will say the player I liked the most for Robinson was #22 on offense and defense.

I guess me and ALL the Robinson fans sitting on the far end where it happened can't see. Most would say sliding 5 to 6 feet with a ball trapped in your stomach with hand on the ball would call that control,no biggie this way. On another note, I will say the player I liked the most for Robinson was #22 on offense and defense.
Ladge would know if he had control or not...trust me.

Ladge would know if he had control or not...trust me.
Trust me, he couldn't have been right where it happened even if he was on the sideline. You can't slide that far with ball with ball trapped on your stomach and hand holding ball the entire time and not be in control. As the KM coach said few post above, film showed it. Their camera angle probably didn't show ball because players back was to endzone, but no doubt it was a minimum 5 feet slide with the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT