ADVERTISEMENT

KM vs AC Reynolds

CONGRATS KM, now I can go see the regional final, never would have made it up to AC. You earned the rematch and good luck to the Mounties V CC Cougars to see who goes to states. don't care what anyone says on here, you get to this point you have had a great run and are special team!!!!

Reactions: KM2ASU
congrats to kings mountain . that was a heck of a game.im not sure about the holding call on our fake punt there at the end. that being said we had plenty of opportunities and didnt take advantage of them and kings mountain did when they needed it. good luck next week against catholic ill certainly be pulling for you guys to win it all.proud of our rockets tonite even in a loss. go green

Reactions: KM2ASU
Per the Asheville citizen times

“Reynolds offensive struggles showed in more places than the 10 points on the scoreboard. Reynolds had no plays gain more than 20 yards, and just three gained more than 10 yards. The offense gained a total of 137 yards.”

This to me just speaks volumes about how awful mountain football is now. I know Kings mountain is very good. A top 5 team in all of 3a most likely, but Reynolds would put 40+ up on any team in wnc that they wanted to and ended up with 137 total yards of offense against kings mountain in perfect weather.

Kings mountain does have a great defense though so kudos to them. Their qb is built like a nfl qb. If he could get those deep balls zoned in and develop a little better pocket presence he could be really good. He’s got those roll out passes on the money.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Rocket fan 73 I don’t think anyone from Reynolds needs to question any calls by the refs ! Y’all got several calls that went your way that stopped kings mountain drives . Kings Mountain was clearly the better team . The rockets had a great year and are clearly the best team in the mountains just leave it at that .

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
No no Reynolds could score 40+ on any team they wanted in wnc was my point. If Reynolds wanted to keep their starters in the entire game they would have beaten anybody by what they wanted and yet they had 137 total yards against kings mountain

congrats to kings mountain . that was a heck of a game.im not sure about the holding call on our fake punt there at the end.

IDK. Holding isn't a call that requires much judgement. It either happened, was seen and flagged or didn't. Not many flags for holding when it didn't happen. If anything, flags aren't thrown when holding did actually occur.

ACR.... don’t give in to the naysayers. It was a good game between two good teams. Sometimes the clock runs out. Y’all have a great program.... Laws and Co are a great staff. Y’all are a factor every year. We hope to continue to be mentioned with the top tier programs like ACR. Everyone has their haters....like a ducks back, let it roll off.

agreed km2asu. it was a terriffic high school football game. and i agree kings mountain deserved the win. some of these posters are rocket haters and thats ok too. were used to that around here.but its up to me whether i can question a call or not lol good luck again to you guys next week. catholics looking tough but i think you guys can take the whole thing. and i have to disagree that mountain football is awful. im not sure how that computes. reynolds played into the third round. watauga played last night and won fairly big in the big 3a. we always have teams that are very competetive in 1a and 2a so im not too sure that mountain football is all that bad.thats just my opinion for what its worth .

I’m gonna have to politely disagree with you. Murphy robbinsville Acr have great programs. Who else is any good in wnc? Watauga is in the high country so I’m excluding them here.

asheville has had elite teams but is in the midst of a dumpster fire
Erwin is no good
Roberson is no good
tuscola is no good
Enka is no good
North buncombe is no good
Pisgah is no good
McDowell is no good
Smoky mountain is no good
Hendersonville is no good
West Henderson is no good
East Henderson is no good
North Henderson is no good

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. And by “no good” I’m saying ‘none of these teams are championship contenders’. Your average wnc football is VASTLY inferior to other parts of the state.
There are obviously exceptions but as a whole, mountain football is very weak Comparatively

I’m gonna have to politely disagree with you. Murphy robbinsville Acr have great programs. Who else is any good in wnc? Watauga is in the high country so I’m excluding them here.

Erwin is no good
Roberson is no good
tuscola is no good
Enka is no good
Pisgah is no good
McDowell is no good

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. And by “no good” I’m saying ‘none of these teams are championship contenders’. Your average wnc football is VASTLY inferior to other parts of the state.
There are obviously exceptions but as a whole, mountain football is very weak Comparatively

Another reason ACR schedules East Forsyth and Shelby, and other out of mountain teams in non conference. ACR lost 3 games this year, all 3 of those teams will be playing next week for the right to go to the State Championships. The mountain teams are down compared to past, but I have no doubt they will get back.

Another reason ACR schedules East Forsyth and Shelby, and other out of mountain teams in non conference. ACR lost 3 games this year, all 3 of those teams will be playing next week for the right to go to the State Championships. The mountain teams are down compared to past, but I have no doubt they will get back.
I agree with you. Good on Reynolds for scheduling those 2 early on in the year because they weren’t gonna be tested from anybody around here.... this year anyway

Things can change rapidly in HS football. Some classes are more talented than others. I remember as recently as 2014, 2015 there was a big long post on here talking about “what the hell has happened over at AC Reynolds? They used to have hit you! Now they are soft”.
At that time Asheville we the undisputed king of the mountains and killing everybody and had 10 straight mac titles.
Fast forward 4 years later and we can’t even make the playoffs.

Things can change rapidly in HS football. Some classes are more talented than others. I remember as recently as 2014, 2015 there was a big long post on here talking about “what the hell has happened over at AC Reynolds? They used to have hit you! Now they are soft”.
At that time Asheville we the undisputed king of the mountains and killing everybody and had 10 straight mac titles.
Fast forward 4 years later and we can’t even make the playoffs.
What's happened up at Asheville? Burns and Asheville used to always be really competitive.. This year not as much.. Even those Crest v. Asheville games before were great.. But even beyond that, Asheville wasn't competitive with really anybody this year... I hate that, but why? What's happened?

A whole bunch of factors.
1. Cost of living in the city limits has really skyrocketed. Some apartment complexes that were big feeders to Asheville high were torn down.
2. The building the weight room was in was torn down and the makeshift weight room is a joke from what I’ve been told.
3. The last couple classes weren’t very talented and/or interested in football as evident by low participation and offseason workouts were really low In participation as evident by the number of guys who earned their names on the back of their jerseys.
4. Coaching. Has it all been on the head coach? That’s not for me for decide, but as of now, we are searching for a head coach.

I think we will be back eventually. I hope they don’t bomb on the coaching “search” again because the last one was a sham.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
A whole bunch of factors.
1. Cost of living in the city limits has really skyrocketed. Some apartment complexes that were big feeders to Asheville high were torn down.
2. The building the weight room was in was torn down and the makeshift weight room is a joke from what I’ve been told.
3. The last couple classes weren’t very talented and/or interested in football as evident by low participation and offseason workouts were really low In participation as evident by the number of guys who earned their names on the back of their jerseys.
4. Coaching. Has it all been on the head coach? That’s not for me for decide, but as of now, we are searching for a head coach.

I think we will be back eventually. I hope they don’t bomb on the coaching “search” again because the last one was a sham.
I hope Asheville is back sooner rather than later!

Erwin is no good
Roberson is no good
tuscola is no good
Enka is no good
Pisgah is no good
McDowell is no good

Reason you think football is down because asheville sucks right now. Smokey mtn 1a wins state every year almost, 2a heritage played state champion reidsville close 2 straight seasons. Acr really strong 3a team ask kings mtn. As for asheville goes they were loaded when butler and white played take those 2 off asheville is average.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Reason you think football is down because asheville sucks right now. Smokey mtn 1a wins state every year almost, 2a heritage played state champion reidsville close 2 straight seasons. Acr really strong 3a team ask kings mtn. As for asheville goes they were loaded when butler and white played take those 2 off asheville is average.
Asheville doesn’t have a winning record against everybody in wnc because of Johnny and Crezdon lol.

Reactions: PisgahCatamount07
Asheville doesn’t have a winning record against everybody in wnc because of Johnny and Crezdon Right lol.
Like I said take those 2 off and Asheville was average that year. Ac reynolds is top dog in buncombe county right now, you can talk and try to diminish reynolds but everyone across the state know how good the rockets are.

Like I said take those 2 off and Asheville was average that year. Ac reynolds is top dog in buncombe county right now, you can talk and try to diminish reynolds but everyone across the state know how good the rockets are.
Yea ok I guess you could say that about every team in WNC. Take rico dowdle off the 2015 team and they would have been average too. As it was with him, they vastly underachieved.
No question Reynolds is the top dog right now in wnc, nobody is arguing that. It does help though that Asheville and Erwin are pathetic, their only competition around here

Last edited:
Hey AhsCougar, keep in mind that Rocketman101 isn't a Reynolds fan, I believe he's a Mtn. Heritage fan. Don't let him get you going, ACR fans know what's up with Asheville and their history.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
Hey AhsCougar, keep in mind that Rocketman101 isn't a Reynolds fan, I believe he's a Mtn. Heritage fan. Don't let him get you going, ACR fans know what's up with Asheville and their history.
Lol sorry. Believe me, I am in no way shape or form throwing shade at Reynolds. They have the best coach in wnc and are the best program currently in wnc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT