ADVERTISEMENT

KM @ Crest

The one thing I didn’t understand was after KM run game was shut down at half...they finally got it going on that last drive. It was 3rd and 9 from the 10 and they throw it twice. I’d have ran it on third down after the way brooks moved the ball on that drive but that’s why I’m not a coach and just a fan
Totally agree .....all the more reason matt needs to keep his phone charged this off season.

I can still see KM getting it together and playing for state.
I don’t. Their defense is weak as piss up the middle. Not saying ours is great, but the formula for them is to pound them up the middle and they get soft. Graham butchered them. They have a good team and I guess small 3a is where they’ll be. If it’s 3AA, Weddington smokes them easy.

Crest holds off losing to all 3 county schools! Well done boys! To be the champs you have to beat the champs! Hopefully we got a little more football to look forward too. Congrats on a awesome season! Conference champs!

This not going for 2 drives me crazy!

You score and go up by 12 what is the difference kicking it and being up 13 or going for 2 and not making it and still only being up 12!

Surely there is some coaching secret code that says go for one and just give them a chance to score and kick a PAT to beat you.

In the NFL the coaches have a card that tell them when to go for 2 and when to kick it.

Can we get him a card?

Anyone got a logical answer for this?

This not going for 2 drives me crazy!

You score and go up by 12 what is the difference kicking it and being up 13 or going for 2 and not making it and still only being up 12!

Surely there is some coaching secret code that says go for one and just give them a chance to score and kick a PAT to beat you.

In the NFL the coaches have a card that tell them when to go for 2 and when to kick it.

Can we get him a card?

Anyone got a logical answer for this?
Man, I still can’t get over not calling a timeout before that punt and then taking 2 on a dead clock. And yes, he needs a card.

I don’t. Their defense is weak as piss up the middle. Not saying ours is great, but the formula for them is to pound them up the middle and they get soft. Graham butchered them. They have a good team and I guess small 3a is where they’ll be. If it’s 3AA, Weddington smokes them easy.

I think what allowed crest run game to be so dominant and make the KM defense look so bad was the fact that KM wouldn’t come out of a cover zero. I don’t get it. Crest doesn’t have a great throwing QB and I don’t understand why they didn’t go zone and get their safeties back instead of wide they could help at the top with the run. They get by the backers they are in a track race.

Man, I still can’t get over not calling a timeout before that punt and then taking 2 on a dead clock. And yes, he needs a card.

Well hell a win is a win, better than losing.

I bet the KM fans was giving Lloyd down the road on the other side also.

He totally abandoned the run, and we had no answer for it!

Well hell a win is a win, better than losing.

I bet the KM fans was giving Lloyd down the road on the other side also.

He totally abandoned the run, and we had no answer for it!
They’ll be whispering behind his back again.

So let me get this straight. The Crest coach leads his team to 7 straight wins, big wins over Huss and Kings Mountain and the 1or 2 seed in the upcoming playoffs and a couple fans are questioning his capability to coach? Some fans are never satisfied.

Go figure.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
So let me get this straight. The Crest coach leads his team to 7 straight wins, big wins over Huss and Kings Mountain and the 1or 2 seed in the upcoming playoffs and a couple fans are questioning his capability to coach? Some fans are never satisfied.

Go figure.
Sometimes players can win games for a coach. This was my 1st time seeing Crest this year and I can see what the fans are complaining about. It's legit complaints.

Go figure.

To be honest there's too much talent on KM and Crest for them to play as sloppy and undisciplined as they do.

It is the coaching

Reactions: Crestuff
Wait ??? WHAT????

Crest loses the #1 seed draw because they had more Unsportsmanlike penalties than Huss this year?
Surely this cant be right...... Never heard of anything like that EVER and I am OLD

It was a joke. Crest has been their own worst enemy all year with those. Just like when Crest has KM in punt formation and committed an unsportsmanlike penalty to give them 4th and short. They just need to quit helping their opponents and keep their mouth shut.

I won’t get on staff since they did just reel of 7 straight and win conference but they definitely had some interesting calls. One thing I will say is coaches look a lot better when players go out and execute. Something the guys have been doing. Even when it is obvious they are gutting it out through pain and fatigue.

Reactions: crestrulz
Obviously there was questionable calls by both coaching parties...also however, we have to admit that Crest has significantly improved since the Burns and Shelby games, that KM blatantly dominated. Most Crest fans (including myself) as well as others assumed Huss and KM would dominate Crest...now Crest is conference champs for the first time since 2015! Coach Barnes is gone and isn't coming back unfortunately. but If the boys bailed Eddins out this season, well that just tells me them boys respect the hell out of him and are willing to run through a brick wall for him. I remember when not too long ago, the boys all but quit on a certain head coach who not long after stepped down, so far they are playing for this man.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog

Go figure.
And some people are sentimental with sentiments. You! We’re you there? You and your soap box.

Obviously there was questionable calls by both coaching parties...also however, we have to admit that Crest has significantly improved since the Burns and Shelby games, that KM blatantly dominated. Most Crest fans (including myself) as well as others assumed Huss and KM would dominate Crest...now Crest is conference champs for the first time since 2015! Coach Barnes is gone and isn't coming back unfortunately. but If the boys bailed Eddins out this season, well that just tells me them boys respect the hell out of him and are willing to run through a brick wall for him. I remember when not too long ago, the boys all but quit on a certain head coach who not long after stepped down, so far they are playing for this man.

Pretty much been on a roll since getting down against Freedom. That comeback really got the ball rolling.

I won’t get on staff since they did just reel of 7 straight and win conference but they definitely had some interesting calls. One thing I will say is coaches look a lot better when players go out and execute. Something the guys have been doing. Even when it is obvious they are gutting it out through pain and fatigue.

I agree 100%. Its the stuff the players are not effecting that hurt you, like clock management, kickoff procedures, and know if you should go for 2 or not. The kids gutted it out I seen player after player that couldn't even walk suck it up and get back in the game.

The cramping is on the coaches and the kids HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE. No excuse for a cramp fest this late in the season.

Reactions: crest91
I agree 100%. Its the stuff the players are not effecting that hurt you, like clock management, kickoff procedures, and know if you should go for 2 or not. The kids gutted it out I seen player after player that couldn't even walk suck it up and get back in the game.

The cramping is on the coaches and the kids HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE. No excuse for a cramp fest this late in the season.

I remember Ledbetter at CC in 2011. Was playing the whole game and didn’t cramp. And he was taking a pounding.

Reactions: crestrulz

Same 4 kids cramp every week the Coach’s gotta seek them out and start there hydration process on MOnDAY lmao

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Great win for by THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS, that makes CREST the heavy favorite to WIN STATE. [NO EXCUSES]
Your really are a douche. How was that medicine last night? Did you enjoy it? I did. It was awesome watching Graham chew his way through that defense He was feasting. Ruff just before the half outran your whole team, I saw who was at safety.

KM is a good team, athletes everywhere. I can’t lie, their problem alludes me. Not really.

SL don’t let facts get in the way of a good story lol. That non impressive KM defense held FV to 81 total yards of offense while that very physical Charger D gave up over 300 total yards of offense to FV. Some of the fans are so crazy here that I can’t tell if he is trolling or being serious..
I think he was serious. And he was right. Your defense is soft. Not hating, it’s soft.

Reactions: Chargers#1
Here we go again. Another “fan” evaluating film lol. Let me let you in on a secret Charger Lube. The KM seniors and many of their juniors have never lost to Crest at any level. It will not start Friday night. You right the KM kids will need no extra motivation to give the Chargers an epic ass whomping on their senior night. It’s only fitting that this Charger class go out without knowing what’s it like to beat KM in middle school, jv, or varsity.

Lmfao...

Crest took care of that Thursday and Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT