ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain at Charlotte Catholic

shutdownD24

Sep 6, 2014
Well it’s finally here. This is the regional playoff collision that many predicted in 3A from the beginning. KM and the defending 3A state champs on their home field. I predict a great ball game and a packed house at Keffer Stadium. “If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Well it’s finally here. This is the rebeengional playoff collision that many predicted in 3A from the beginning. KM and the defending 3A state champs on their home field. I predict a great ball game and a packed house at Kiefer Stadium. “If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.”
Been busy over the holiday and just saw that CC/west score ....holy moly. Shutdown you have proven on here you actually know some football so what's KM gotta do to get this W?

I need to watch some footage on Kings Mountain. Can’t say I know much about them.

Kings Mtn has the air attack that CC does not...CC has the best ground attack and the high ground being at home...the best secondary wins...KM 28-24

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Have to admit, after the Weddington game I did not think this CC team would get this deep into the playoffs. Anything going forward feels like gravy. Key for KM is to get CC behind the chains. Against West Rowan CC probably had their best game passing the ball of the year, but it was all play action when CC was ahead of the chains or on a first down after heavy doses of run after run. CC struggled in the pass game all year on obvious passing downs. CC defense will be tough, KM won't want to get down early.

Been busy over the holiday and just saw that CC/west score ....holy moly. Shutdown you have proven on here you actually know some football so what's KM gotta do to get this W?
First congratulations on the Bulldogs big win Friday. That game a true gut check for the Dawgs. If the Dawgs can make it a street fight with Shelby next week than your kids have a great chance of pulling out a win.
It sounds simple but this time of year the goal is to score one more point than Catholic in the end. Catholic has a great defense so KM has to find a way to score points whether it’s special teams, defensive, or offensive. Points will be at a premium so our quarterback has to protect the ball and our offensive line has to get some movement with Catholic’s front seven. Defensively we have to get Catholic off the field so they are not running the clock out on us with one of their patented long offensive drives. Both teams will play extremely hard.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Sometimes a decoy is better than touches when a team devotes 3 to 1 person. I agree with you though,espically in the slot.
I agree that having team devote so much attention to Kobe is a blessing to the KM offense many times. KM coaches probably could make a blooper reel of teams focusing on Paysour so much to their own detriment. I agree that having Kobe in the slot on some plays would absolutely wreck some of the coverage schemes/defenses that teams use against KM especially if opponents did not know when he would be in the slot.

If I'm a KM fan gotta be frustrating to go against this group every year when they have an unfair advantage....but line em up and see as they say . Best of luck to KM .

I'm notorious for being wrong (only exception being I picked KM by two to three touchdowns over Statesville) so I'm going with Catholic 42-21 wink wink...

Reactions: shutdownD24
...as much as I hate it, public schools dont have a prayer!!!
CC 30
KM 10
I disagree. Catholic makes you bring your A-game in all three phases of the game. At the end of the day football is blocking and tackling. Catholic obviously places strong emphasis on those basic fundamentals. Opponents just need to match Catholic’s attention to detail of the fundamentals of the game. I am thankful of the opportunity our kids have to play the best. It’s what you dream of as an athlete and I believe that our kids will rise to the challenge.

I'm notorious for being wrong (only exception being I picked KM by two to three touchdowns over Statesville) so I'm going with Catholic 42-21 wink wink...
Thank you. 91 just gave Catholic the kiss of death. Much obliged partner lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: crest91
At this point I'm back on the CC train, appears the Weddington game woke them up a bit

Think it had more to do with replacing a long time ol coach. While the new ol coach is a former player, there was still an integration curve. The ol is playing much better than the beginning of the year. At the same time for most of the past decade or so the feature back in the offense has been the 3 back. With this years starting 3 back leaving the feature back has been the 4 back. So while yes it is the same offense, this has led to different plays being the primary plays. Finally changing QB's to one that has been much less turnover prone.

I disagree. Catholic makes you bring your A-game in all three phases of the game. At the end of the day football is blocking and tackling. Catholic obviously places strong emphasis on those basic fundamentals. Opponents just need to match Catholic’s attention to detail of the fundamentals of the game. I am thankful of the opportunity our kids have to play the best. It’s what you dream of as an athlete and I believe that our kids will rise to the challenge.
Easier said than done to match those fundamentals in just a week. Kings Mountain will be ready, Catholic will be ready. Big crowd too.

yes.. to Ladges comments..
they are back to big splits on the OL. I got sent a short film for one of the first plays of the game and the two guards were out pulling an knocking people down. It sent a message early against WR. This team and last year's team are not as explosive but they have made some adjustments to improve their running game.

With the way their defense is playing, If catholic does not turn the ball or get silly holding penalties they will be difficult to stop.

Shut down. it will be a good game. I like that KM has overcome some adversity to be in the fourth round. That shows some moxie. I expect them to be ready

yes.. to Ladges comments..
they are back to big splits on the OL. I got sent a short film for one of the first plays of the game and the two guards were out pulling an knocking people down. It sent a message early against WR. This team and last year's team are not as explosive but they have made some adjustments to improve their running game.

With the way their defense is playing, If catholic does not turn the ball or get silly holding penalties they will be difficult to stop.
Is Frank Garcia still coaching at CC? I have not listened to FNZ in years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT