ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Holder has stepped down at Mt. Airy

Thought he might as both sons have now finished their high school career. Ian the youngest is headed to play football at Morehead State in KY.

I've always wondered how he would do at a school like Mt Tabor. I've seen a lot of games in this area and his play calling and in game adjustments were the best. Wish him the best and he will be missed

Could be anyone but it well be well kept secret untill it is made public by the school. Wish I knew !

I am sure it is a well sought after position, as a single school system they have the ability to pay more than multiple school system. See Thomasville hire from a Eastern Guilford program and Asheboro last year from GSO Page. Both city school systems.

Also, with the community support and traditional strong program will help tremendously.

I am sure it is a well sought after position, as a single school system they have the ability to pay more than multiple school system. See Thomasville hire from a Eastern Guilford program and Asheboro last year from GSO Page. Both city school systems.

Also, with the community support and traditional strong program will help tremendously.
Will be a long line hoping to get this job. They should end up with a very very good coach to replace the very very good one they just lost.

Just can’t help but wonder if any assistance will be stepping down as well. That’s a tight knit bunch, That’s been together for a long time. Finding a coach want be hard, but finding someone to replace a family member, friend & mentor will be.
First person comes to mind is Chris Johnson (Forbush). But in most cases there will need to be a teaching position open as well.

Reactions: Bearfan71
Fridaynite there’s no need to look at a coaches record. I mean look back at Kelly’s first three years at Mount Airy.
You could bring Don Shula in his prime to Mount airy and that don’t guarantee wins.
A lot of it is the community support for the coach and the team

Mount Airy can't replace Kelly Holder and they can't try and replace him with Kelly Holder. I think a common mistake teams make is they try to replace a great coach with someone they think fits the mold of the former coach, thus trying to make him into the former coach. Mount Airy needs to go out and get a coach and let that coach be who he is and I think they will do that. The community though will have to make the adjustment and realize Holder is no longer on the sideline and the new guy isn't going to be Kelly Holder and some things may be different.

Reactions: bigtime_87
Well said Thunder. Many schools lost long time coaches for various reasons. When this happens many cannot get over the past and look to the future of the program. Recently Thomasville, Albemarle, E. Randolph, HP Andrews and others have dealt with this. Longing for the past and making hiring decisions to try to go back in time is not a progressive move for any program. Fans need to support whomever the new coach is and fill those stands loud and proud and see what happens. Coaches become an HC so they can do "their" thing and not what was done in the past. Best wishes to the Bears on a hire, I am sure they will draw lots of interest for the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT