ADVERTISEMENT

Keimon Bailey RB's Edenton/Holmes High School:

hornet62

May 11, 2010
All season long this kid has been putting up numbers starting off from where he had 2800yds rushing and 35 TD's and so far this year with three games left in the regular season has over 1600yds rushing and 25 TD's made little schools All American last season and got most of his yards this season against the same teams that were in his conference last year plus 185yds and two TD's against Northeastern. Last week he had 385yds against Plymouth that also played for the state championship in 1A and six TD's. What does this kid has to do to get some ink from NC.Prep? He had almost 300yds in the first half when the score was 42-0 but the coach played mostly backups in the second half because Plymouth does have a decent coach and didn't want to embarrassed them on their field because they along with Northeastern has been a rivalry for years. Thanks.

Only saw him once, last year vs Reidsville, in the state championship game. Small but quick. Made one great TD run.

Hope he gets all the recognition possible because he has earned it.

Thanks for bringing his accomplishments to everyone's attention.

He is putting up incredible numbers! I hope to see him play at Tarboro next month.

FWIW, there is a Shelby poster on the 2A board thread "Reidsville will be in the State Championship" who is trashing last year's Edenton Holmes team pretty bad.

I don't know why some people can't just give a tip of the hat to teams that accomplish a great year without being so negative.

He is putting up incredible numbers! I hope to see him play at Tarboro next month.
So does everyone. An outstanding RB remind me of Tarik Cohen that played at A&T and destroyed all their conference rushing records and now with the Chicago Bears and still doing his thing,same size and height,and speed.

Only saw him once, last year vs Reidsville, in the state championship game. Small but quick. Made one great TD run.

Yea,he gained more muscle now about 185-190lbs. going to get bigger in college.

FWIW, there is a Shelby poster on the 2A board thread "Reidsville will be in the State Championship" who is trashing last year's Edenton Holmes team pretty
I don't know why some people can't just give a tip of the hat to teams that accomplish a great year without being so negative.
Yea I saw that and responded as best I knew how. I mentioned Bailey in my response.

Yes,he had remind me of Tarik Cohen who played at Bunn and then A&T and now with the Chicago Bears,now weigh about 185/190lbs.and going to get bigger in college.

Keimon is a great kid that I've seen play in virtually every game these past two seasons. He's blessed with speed, moves and power. He's also got a great coach and great line. That being said, why is it so important that he get ink from NC Preps or any of these other online site. If his grades are where they need to be and he wants to continue at the next level, he'll find a slot somewhere. I don't think he's D1 material, but could fit in nicely at a D3 or even D2 program. And let's face it....the only competition Edenton has faced this year is Northeastern, and the lack of playing quality teams could impact us negatively in the playoffs. He's putting up huge numbers, but against less than stellar competition. Don't get me wrong, we love Keimon, but he's not Superman. Good luck to him and the ACES the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Keimon is a great kid that I've seen play in virtually every game these past two seasons. He's blessed with speed, moves and power. He's also got a great coach and great line. That being said, why is it so important that he get ink from NC Preps or any of these other online site. If his grades are where they need to be and he wants to continue at the next level, he'll find a slot somewhere. I don't think he's D1 material, but could fit in nicely at a D3 or even D2 program. And let's face it....the only competition Edenton has faced this year is Northeastern, and the lack of playing quality teams could impact us negatively in the playoffs. He's putting up huge numbers, but against less than stellar competition. Don't get me wrong, we love Keimon, but he's not Superman. Good luck to him and the ACES the rest of the season and into the playoffs.
He had even better numbers last year against 2A teams even in the playoff. They said the same thing about Tarik Cohen when he came out of Bunn a 2A school,one offer,decide to attend NCA&T University in Greensboro,NC. dominated the MEAC Conference in rushing for 4yrs,got drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 4th rounds in this year draft,same size as Bailey 5'6" 185lbs.. You cannot measure a man heart I rather have a small man with a heart than a big man who's a lamb if he wasn't D1 material why were there a few 4A schools in the Raleigh area and a well known private school in Maryland that plays teams from all over the country that wanted him to transfer this year to play for them? Also JMU was very much interested in him. Getting ink and attending camps is very important. How do you think J.R. Walker and Freshwater from Northeastern the same conference that Bailey played in last season become a 3 and 4 star recruits? By attending several camps which led them to get more ink by doing well at those camps. The Aces beat the same teams that were in their conference last season handily except Hertford County that wasn't on their schedule and which Northeastern is going to win their 2A conference playing the rest of the season. If the Aces would have played their best two defensive linemen on defense last year in the championship game against Reidsville the score would have been a lot less than what the final score was. Plus Bailey played decent in that game although he was only 80pct healthy. Thanks and have a bless day. Peace.

Just curious if their was any highlights of this kid?
Yes go to Hudl and click in his name of go to John A. Holmes High School on the MaxPrep site and go to roster and clip on his name and then video and you all can see his highlights and after you do let the people know what you saw. Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT