ADVERTISEMENT

Keimon Bailey/Edenton/Holmes High School.

hornet62

May 11, 2010
Yesterday day there was a thread regarding Keimon Bailey from Edenton/Holmes High School. Today it's gone did Deana took it off? If so why I? I thought it was a fare and decent question of why he isn't being recruited and what are the coaches at Holmes during. Thanks and have a bless day.

Yesterday day there was a thread regarding Keimon Bailey from Edenton/Holmes High School. Today it's gone did Deana took it off? If so why I? I thought it was a fare and decent question of why he isn't being recruited and what are the coaches at Holmes during. Thanks and have a bless day.
I'm shock nobody have an opinion or concern about the football players from Holmes when you have kids from the conference going here and there to schools and kids in all the other sports at Holmes getting some type or offers and no one on the football team has. If anybody know of any please post it here and let Deana know also. Thanks.

I'm shock nobody have an opinion or concern about the football players from Holmes when you have kids from the conference going here and there to schools and kids in all the other sports at Holmes getting some type or offers and no one on the football team has. If anybody know of any please post it here and let Deana know also. Thanks.
Do anybody thanks that a kid with over 3100yds and 35 TD's Is talent enough to play in The Shrine Bowl after he broke the rushing record for all RB's that played at Holmes and he has another year to play. The all time record was held by one of the RB's that ever played at Holmes that had several offers from some of the biggest program in the country but he didn't qualify nor had the GPA. I hope the power to be do not let this happen to Bailey the entire administration and his parent should do all they can to help this kid succeed because it will show others kids they can make it if they work hard. The kids at Holmes need an idle like Todd Gurley from Tarboro I heard that when Gurley held his football camp last summer he had over 600 kids rearing his Gurley T-Shirt because they had somebody the kids want to imitate and relate too. When Gurley was at Georgia he gave an interview and he was asked which was your high school hardest game that he has played and he said Edenton/Holmes in his senior year and the kids from Tarboro always asked about the guys from that team and the person who is very close to the Tarboro community doesn't have an answer for them the only thing he does is hold his head down because the players and him have stated on many occasions that Holmes should have won that game and why they didn't run the FB Jackson at 230lbs through the A gap because he was getting 5 or 6 yds. everytime he ran through the A gap Tarboro didn't have an answer and the kids at Tarboro has stated this many time themselves. The people in Edenton should be during all they can possible do to help this kid make it an not just be another good RB's from Edenton/Holmes that doesn't make it big time. There is a kid that's a freshman and will be a sophomore this upcoming season the people at Holmes should be working to make sure he's taking the necessary college required high school classes and getting him to the right camps and combines to help him succeed. The reason J.R. Walker and Freshwater from Northeastern have gotten several D1 offers as sophomores are because they where guided to the right camps and combined and the same things need to be done for the kid that going to be the great RB's at Holmes. Thanks and have a bless day

Do anybody thanks that a kid with over 3100yds and 35 TD's Is talent enough to play in The Shrine Bowl after he broke the rushing record for all RB's that played at Holmes and he has another year to play. The all time record was held by one of the RB's that ever played at Holmes that had several offers from some of the biggest program in the country but he didn't qualify nor had the GPA. I hope the power to be do not let this happen to Bailey the entire administration and his parent should do all they can to help this kid succeed because it will show others kids they can make it if they work hard. The kids at Holmes need an idle like Todd Gurley from Tarboro I heard that when Gurley held his football camp last summer he had over 600 kids rearing his Gurley T-Shirt because they had somebody the kids want to imitate and relate too. When Gurley was at Georgia he gave an interview and he was asked which was your high school hardest game that he has played and he said Edenton/Holmes in his senior year and the kids from Tarboro always asked about the guys from that team and the person who is very close to the Tarboro community doesn't have an answer for them the only thing he does is hold his head down because the players and him have stated on many occasions that Holmes should have won that game and why they didn't run the FB Jackson at 230lbs through the A gap because he was getting 5 or 6 yds. everytime he ran through the A gap Tarboro didn't have an answer and the kids at Tarboro has stated this many time themselves. The people in Edenton should be during all they can possible do to help this kid make it an not just be another good RB's from Edenton/Holmes that doesn't make it big time. There is a kid that's a freshman and will be a sophomore this upcoming season the people at Holmes should be working to make sure he's taking the necessary college required high school classes and getting him to the right camps and combines to help him succeed. The reason J.R. Walker and Freshwater from Northeastern have gotten several D1 offers as sophomores are because they where guided to the right camps and combined and the same things need to be done for the kid that going to be the great RB's at Holmes. Thanks and have a bless day
Btango where are you regarding this article? You use to be a coach and always have a good opinions regarding football in NC. Thanks.

I have never been a coach.

I was told while accompanying an SEC position coach (and later an SEC DC) on visits that the first question to find out, is the student athlete qualified, if not what is his academic "situation". They know if they can play but may not be positive if they can play at the level of their college.

How many running backs from NC each year get a D1 scholarship (FBS and FCS)? Many D2 schools do not offer at this time if the player appears to be a D1 quality back. I do not put much stock in D2 offers. They often do not get involved until they see how the process is going for a player or what his academic situation is.

I know Richmond had numerous backs with big numbers while Hoggard was there. Many were smaller players that were not D1 level or did not qualify academically at D1 schools. Some did not qualify at all.

Regarding the Shrine Bowl question. I do not think numbers are the biggest determining factor and often it is not talent but how the player fits into the system. I have been around the Shrine Bowl for many years and have watched players with big numbers or from heavy producing offenses struggle. Have seen DBs completely lost in pass coverage schemes both physically and mentally. The last few years it has been apparent in a couple of situations and have seen it going back for well over a decade. I can tell you the players from the larger classifications in the past seem to have less adjustment to make. Does not always mean they are better players but are much more accustomed to the caliber of opponent and teammate. Saw a running back that produced big numbers for a state champion while being a solid linebacker that signed with an ACC school get passed over for a 1A player that went D2. The 1A player also blocked a lot in his offense, play very good at linebacker with a little more quickness and outside ability, and regulary played three specialty teams while the other back played O and D only. All of that was important but the blocking part was what stood out as they wanted a big body to help with the two elite backs that would carry the ball.

I have never been a coach.

I was told while accompanying an SEC position coach (and later an SEC DC) on visits that the first question to find out, is the student athlete qualified, if not what is his academic "situation". They know if they can play but may not be positive if they can play at the level of their college.

How many running backs from NC each year get a D1 scholarship (FBS and FCS)? Many D2 schools do not offer at this time if the player appears to be a D1 quality back. I do not put much stock in D2 offers. They often do not get involved until they see how the process is going for a player or what his academic situation is.

I know Richmond had numerous backs with big numbers while Hoggard was there. Many were smaller players that were not D1 level or did not qualify academically at D1 schools. Some did not qualify at all.

Regarding the Shrine Bowl question. I do not think numbers are the biggest determining factor and often it is not talent but how the player fits into the system. I have been around the Shrine Bowl for many years and have watched players with big numbers or from heavy producing offenses struggle. Have seen DBs completely lost in pass coverage schemes both physically and mentally. The last few years it has been apparent in a couple of situations and have seen it going back for well over a decade. I can tell you the players from the larger classifications in the past seem to have less adjustment to make. Does not always mean they are better players but are much more accustomed to the caliber of opponent and teammate. Saw a running back that produced big numbers for a state champion while being a solid linebacker that signed with an ACC school get passed over for a 1A player that went D2. The 1A player also blocked a lot in his offense, play very good at linebacker with a little more quickness and outside ability, and regulary played three specialty teams while the other back played O and D only. All of that was important but the blocking part was what stood out as they wanted a big body to help with the two elite backs that would carry the ball.
Thanks Btango with your input. Hopefully the kid will attend the right camps this summer.

I am not sure if Hakeem Nicks had any offers until he went to camps prior to his senior season.

He went to UNC. Tom Knotts told them to offer him and he would come there. They did and that was pretty much it.

Jason Barnes did not have any D1 offers before attending a Nike combine st UGA prior to senior year. His phone blew up on the way home with elite D1's calling. He had ran back to back 4.48 and 4.49 and was a big receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT