ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping them safe

Mhsneer

Nov 24, 2017
It’s interesting to me the perspective of keeping the kids safe and not playing football in nc. These are decisions made by people who have never been poor, probably never played a sport, and probably had someone in their family graduate college before.

For kids that are 5 stars this postponement or cancellation won’t affect them a lot, but kids that could’ve had a break through year are being cheated. Three star kids in nc won’t be seen in the fall. They will play a shortened season, or honestly, more than likely no season.

If you’re a kid in a poor family, a bad neighborhood, and surrounded by danger football may be your only way out. Our governor and our nchsaa is cheating these kids out of the possibility of going to college on scholarship.
It’s interesting to see the rich urging people to stay home, government workers urging people to stay home, but poor people really don’t have a choice. If you live pay check to pay check You can’t stay home.

When you run a small business you can’t afford for people to stay home.

When you’re a kid on the verge of a college scholarship to anywhere you can’t afford this. If governor cooper or nchsaa leadership had ever been that kid then they’d view this differently. My father was the first one on either side of his family to go to college. He went on scholarship. He didn’t play at all his junior year, started and landed a scholarship his senior year.

What about these kids who probably aren’t going to get the exposure and opportunity that kids in ga, sc, tn and other states are getting? This could’ve been handled better in a 100 different ways.

I’m disappointed in our school systems. Virtual learning works if your kids can afford internet and have a parent at home that cares about their grades. What about the kids who are poor and the parents are mia trying to make ends meet. The problem with most of these leaders is they haven’t ever been poor or exposed to poverty.

they say they are for protecting the weak but they don’t even understand who that is. Who does this policy really protect? It protects rich at risk old folks. The rest of the world doesn’t have any other choice but to carry on. Poor old folks are working at least part time nowadays. We can’t stay at home and not work. Besides it’s ok for folks to riot, but kids needing out of the ghetto can’t play football. The only real way they can get out of the ghetto. Seems like cooper wants to keep these kids in the ghetto. Why would they want to do that? So a whole other generation is raised dependent on the government to keep them poor. So they have to commit crime to feed their kids. A system that says a family is financially better off without dad at home.

This whole system is set up to keep poor people poor. Covid is just another opportunity for them to push the poor back down in the hole. It’s not just about race it’s about the elite in this country making sure no one ever rises above their place in society.

It’s interesting to me the perspective of keeping the kids safe and not playing football in nc. These are decisions made by people who have never been poor, probably never played a sport, and probably had someone in their family graduate college before.

For kids that are 5 stars this postponement or cancellation won’t affect them a lot, but kids that could’ve had a break through year are being cheated. Three star kids in nc won’t be seen in the fall. They will play a shortened season, or honestly, more than likely no season.

If you’re a kid in a poor family, a bad neighborhood, and surrounded by danger football may be your only way out. Our governor and our nchsaa is cheating these kids out of the possibility of going to college on scholarship.
It’s interesting to see the rich urging people to stay home, government workers urging people to stay home, but poor people really don’t have a choice. If you live pay check to pay check You can’t stay home.

When you run a small business you can’t afford for people to stay home.

When you’re a kid on the verge of a college scholarship to anywhere you can’t afford this. If governor cooper or nchsaa leadership had ever been that kid then they’d view this differently. My father was the first one on either side of his family to go to college. He went on scholarship. He didn’t play at all his junior year, started and landed a scholarship his senior year.

What about these kids who probably aren’t going to get the exposure and opportunity that kids in ga, sc, tn and other states are getting? This could’ve been handled better in a 100 different ways.

I’m disappointed in our school systems. Virtual learning works if your kids can afford internet and have a parent at home that cares about their grades. What about the kids who are poor and the parents are mia trying to make ends meet. The problem with most of these leaders is they haven’t ever been poor or exposed to poverty.

they say they are for protecting the weak but they don’t even understand who that is. Who does this policy really protect? It protects rich at risk old folks. The rest of the world doesn’t have any other choice but to carry on. Poor old folks are working at least part time nowadays. We can’t stay at home and not work. Besides it’s ok for folks to riot, but kids needing out of the ghetto can’t play football. The only real way they can get out of the ghetto. Seems like cooper wants to keep these kids in the ghetto. Why would they want to do that? So a whole other generation is raised dependent on the government to keep them poor. So they have to commit crime to feed their kids. A system that says a family is financially better off without dad at home.

This whole system is set up to keep poor people poor. Covid is just another opportunity for them to push the poor back down in the hole. It’s not just about race it’s about the elite in this country making sure no one ever rises above their place in society.

Well said brother

Reactions: Mhsneer
our travel football teams scrimmaged at East Wilkes this past sat , 8U , 10U & 12U all played , all players & coaches signed waivers not to sue etc if you were to catch coronavirus , our season starts this sat in concord , i dont understand why high school asoc couldnt do the same , there were more than 50 ppl there easily , youth soccer also starts this weekend & there will be 100's ppl there

Just read an article someone posted on FB from footballscoop.com. Over 1000 high school football games have now been played with 0 cases of community outbreaks. Michigan has now decided to play this fall and Colorado's governor now supports playing this fall as well. Wish NC would look at the facts and start tomorrow!

Whats strange is volleyball is probably one of the most dangerous sports as far as contracting covid is concerned..close contact, everyone touching the same ball,played INSIDE small gyms..Yet this is gonna be one of the first sports to get cranked back up

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
Guy i work with got a call that his wife tested positive today. He is getting tested right now. I was in the van with him for a couple of miles before he got the call.
Find out shortly if i have to get tested.

Reactions: UNC91
Guys I have covid 19, it's no Joke, lot worst then the flu.
I think but hope not that I may be asymptomatic. I keep a sore throat and head congestion with aches but no temperature that comes and goes as high as 99.8 and as low as 98.1. Worries me with head congestion since spring, diabetes 2, and other related problems, be 70 this month and hope and pray It does not go full-blown. Been dealing with this since spring. Hoping I have somehow got some immunity to it. I stay run down with low energy and sleep a lot all day when not at my 16-hour weekly job. I have a granddaughter that I don't get to see because of this crap, I want to see grow up.

Last edited:
I think but hope not that I may be asymptomatic. I keep a sore throat and head congestion with aches but no temperature that comes and goes as high as 99.8 and as low as 98.1. Worries me with head congestion since spring, diabetes 2, and other related problems, be 70 this month and hope and pray It does not go full-blown. Been dealing with this since spring. Hoping I have somehow got some immunity to it. I stay run down with low energy and sleep a lot all day when not at my 16-hour weekly job. I have a granddaughter that I don't get to see because of this crap, I want to see grow up.
Might want to get tested. May reassure you if it’s negative. If it happens to be positive, you can better determine what to do next.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Well I gotta want until Friday to get tested. Its only been 20hrs from the time I was exposed until now. Test will be more accurate after 48 hrs. A co worker that was exposed earlier in the werk tested negative yesterday. Maybe I will also.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT