ADVERTISEMENT

Kannapolis@Reagan

Aug 24, 2009
Can anybody give me some info on Reagan.Don't know much about them. I know they beat N.D.

Reagan has a very good football team. They are very well coached and have one of the best QB's in the state. Expect to se a lot of 5 wide's when they have the ball. They stay in the shotgun the whole time, no matter where they have the ball on the field. The K-Town DB's are going to have to be extremely disciplined and not make any mistakes, because Reagan will make you pay for it.

It is pretty much impossible to sack Reagan QB Jake Easter. First of all, he has a great O-Line protecting him and once the ball is snapped he either throws it very quickly, tucks it and runs (the kid has some wheels) or smartly throws it away if the play breaks down. If K-Town is able to sack him once they should feel great about it. This is not a knock on K-Town, this is just letting you know how good this kid is.

They have really good WR's and a RB that is a "scat-back" type of RB. Not overly big, but really quick and shifty. The Reagan defense, IMO, is what has really improved over the course of the season. Really quick to get to the ball and their DB's do a good job of covering opposing WR's. If there is a flaw in the Reagan defense it's that they do at times have a hard time stopping the run. North Davidson RB Kennedy McKoy chewed them up and they had a hard time stopping him.

This is the playoffs, so anything can and will happen. K-Town has just as good of a chance to win Friday as every other team playing next week. The Wonders can't do like North Davidson and have a disastrous 1st quarter, because if they do, Reagan will make you pay.

Thanks for the info. On defense our pass defense is our weakness. On offense the running game is our strength we have two pretty good running backs. One with some power and speed and one with speed if he gets in the open he is hard to run down. Hopefully we can give Reagan a good game. GO WONDERS
This post was edited on 11/9 9:44 AM by 84k

Originally posted by 84k:
Thanks for the info. On defense our pass defense is our weakness.
This is not what you want when playing Reagan. They fill the sky with footballs and do a great job at it. There is one thing K-Town will have to do in order to be successful, and that is watch for the ONE Reagan WR that will almost always go about 8 or 9 yards out and just turn and sit. 99% of the time he is not the primary receiver on the play, he is the safety valve for Easter if the other WR's are covered. I've seen Reagan twice this season (Vs. East Forsyth and North Davidson) and this guy does this on every single pass play and nobody has covered him yet. It get's pretty demoralizing when you shut Reagan down for a couple plays and then this guy sits wide open just beyond the 1st down marker and Easter just gets it too him. The Wonders have got to stop that, or it will be a long night.

Oh, just a little fun tidbit for those going to Reagan this week. First of all, they have a VERY nice school and football stadium. Visitors side runs from end zone to end zone so seating should not be a problem for Wonder fans. Also, when the Raiders enter the field they come down a hill just like Clemson does in Death Valley. Pretty neat, IMO.

QB Josh Easter is the best QB folks outside the Piedmont Triad have never heard of. Verbally committed to Old Dominion. Go to NCPrepsRadio link on front page. We had Coach McGee on about the 9:20 mark of the program.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Brown has seen a lot of talented,athletic teams this year. They have been playing better and will match up with Reagan athletically. Brown has been able to run on good teams and Reagan can pass on good teams. This should be a very competitive game. Reagan will be favored but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown pulls the upset.

I think having to playing conference teams like mallard creek, Vance and hough with athletic qb prepare you for the playoffs.Just can't let the qb go crazy all night. Just hoping to keep it close going to the 4th quarter with a chance to pull the upset.go wonders

This post was edited on 11/9 9:15 PM by 84k

Originally posted by 84k:
I think having to playing conference teams like mallard creek, Vance and hough with athletic qb prepare you for the playoffs.Just can't let the qb go crazy all night. Just hoping to keep it close going to the 4th quarter with a chance to pull the upset.go wonders

This post was edited on 11/9 9:15 PM by 84k
There is no doubt Kannapolis Brown competes in a competitive conference, with Mallard Creek, Vance, and Hough, and although the Wonders were outscored 144-90 versus said squads, they also played powerful Concord tight, losing by six points. If the Wonders' weakness is passing defense, it could be a long ride back to Towel City. This event has " shootout " written all over it, but Reagan will show no amour concerning the Wonders , defeating Kannapolis Brown by ten, in my personal and humble opinion.

Link.

Reagan is good but not as good as people think. I'm proud of them for winning there first out right cpc tittle. But all you got to do is get creative and blitz Easter from the start and hit him a couple times and his off his game. Now on the other hand give him time in pocket you better have a warm coat Friday night because they will light the scored board up quick with little time taken off the clock.

Hope Reagan well since there from cpc

Spoke to a few people today. After watching film I think Kannapolis can give Reagan a very good game. If Kannapolis plays the way they can I think they'll have a shot to win this game. Truthfully this is the best draw Kannapolis could've gotten if they had to chose between one of the three reported undefeated's.
My predicition:
Reagan 35
Kannapolis 31

I like Reagan by 4 TDs... That schedule with North Davidson, West Forsyth, NW Guilford and East Forsyth was brutal and they handled it....had over 500yds on #1 seed 4AA East Forsyth which was their lone loss. Could easily be 12-0

We aren't that good but we won the cpc? I'll take it. We have been battle tested, and we have proven to be the better team. Don't know that much about kannapolis this year. I know in the past they have provided good teams. Heard the offense is pretty good with pretty solid play at QB. Going to be a good one. An unfamiliar opponent always make for a good game. I'm sure our defense will continue to show up and Easter is hot right now. 3td game and a rematch with cpc foe next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT