ADVERTISEMENT

Pinecrest Jumbotron

You’re probably right, Sportsnut. Eases the pounding on the joints. What’s your perspective on injuries to players between grass and turf? I’ve heard both sides.
I do not have enough experience working on turf to make even an educated guess on that OC. But I do know I have seen fields in late November that has had jv and varsity football, jv and varsity soccer, jv and varsity field hockey and some type of PE classes on it, they look like a plowed field. In WS there is no MS football and I am not aware of any youth using the HS fields either. I would even hate to think what it would look like if you added those in. Then you add boys and girls jv and varsity lacrosse and soccer in the spring. No rest or time for field to recover.

Back to the Jumbotron, how much do these things cost on average for a high school? On top of that, is the school going to have multiple camera angles or just one? Somebody will have to work the cameras. Someone would have to be in charge of running the Jumbotron and what to show because I can't see one person running the scoreboard and Jumbotron.

These are just curious questions, not to keep schools from getting one. I do believe though that something like this should be paid for through private donations and not tax payer money intended for academics. Now if the athletic department wants to raise money through, for example, BBQ's to help with the cost, I don't see a problem with that.

Back to the Jumbotron, how much do these things cost on average for a high school? On top of that, is the school going to have multiple camera angles or just one? Somebody will have to work the cameras. Someone would have to be in charge of running the Jumbotron and what to show because I can't see one person running the scoreboard and Jumbotron.

These are just curious questions, not to keep schools from getting one. I do believe though that something like this should be paid for through private donations and not tax payer money intended for academics. Now if the athletic department wants to raise money through, for example, BBQ's to help with the cost, I don't see a problem with that.
Students would run the show

Reactions: Ooooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT