ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openings Mt Airy people only PLEASE

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
It is my understanding that all Coaches at South Iredell were fired day before yesterday (according to a post on the 4 A thread).
Now I am a strong supporter of our Coach and his Staff, I wanted to let those who Hate JK to have something to pray for. You see, he was the FIRST name mentioned as a possible new head coach. Where this came from I have no idea and with my knowledge of Iredell county sports ( I grew up in Iredell, my Father taught at South, my daughter taught there for 8 years, I think. and now is in the Health and PE Department at Lake Norman since it opened.)

Why anyone would want to go to the South Iredell of today, it certainly is not the Coach Mayhew (Hall of Fame) South Iredell, i would have no idea. About the only place worst to go would be North Iredell. As a believer in prayer, I am sure that if enough of JK's haters got together and prayed really really hard, you might be enough to overcome the prayers of mine that he and the current staff stay in place!

See, even though we see it different, I still respect you and we all pull for our Bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I was really unhappy with how he let things get out of hand their last game and hope he learned a lesson and can make changes in his keeping control over his team. But unless Kelly Holder would come back if JD leaves, I think we are better off giving him another year or 2 rather than bringing in a new coach that will probably take 4 or 5 years for a new coach to get his program going if it is different than JD has thought from middle school up and seems to be working good minus the last game and I am not sure the Refs did not do something to outrage the coach with all the calls and TDs called back. More called penalties that night than all the previous games. It was not all on JD if the Refs were showing their backsides. Starmount gave them a good first half and the coach did not let his kids get out of control. It takes a new coach several years to get what he wants going as it did Kelly maybe 6 years but once he got his program implemented his overall wins were around 75 % and probably had 85% or more 10 plus win seasons. Can anyone but Buzz agree with that or do you want to start over with a new coach and wait till the next realignment for him to get something going? We do lose most all the Defence to graduation this year and the JVs coming up know JD's program. I know I was pissed over the last game but I also use logic when I need to.

He interviewed for the South job over the Summer.
Actually I believe that was Coach Lowman at East Surry. But maybe, he would be just completely brain dead if he went to South Iredell. I am not sure this would possible but South Iredell is almost as bad a situation as North Iredell, just for different reasons.

It is my understanding that all Coaches at South Iredell were fired day before yesterday (according to a post on the 4 A thread).
Now I am a strong supporter of our Coach and his Staff, I wanted to let those who Hate JK to have something to pray for. You see, he was the FIRST name mentioned as a possible new head coach. Where this came from I have no idea and with my knowledge of Iredell county sports ( I grew up in Iredell, my Father taught at South, my daughter taught there for 8 years, I think. and now is in the Health and PE Department at Lake Norman since it opened.)

Why anyone would want to go to the South Iredell of today, it certainly is not the Coach Mayhew (Hall of Fame) South Iredell, i would have no idea. About the only place worst to go would be North Iredell. As a believer in prayer, I am sure that if enough of JK's haters got together and prayed really really hard, you might be enough to overcome the prayers of mine that he and the current staff stay in place!

See, even though we see it different, I still respect you and we all pull for our Bears.
At one time, not many years ago, South Iredell would have been a great place to go. Coach Adkins got South going in the right direction and Coach Miller added his flavor to the program. It goes shows you that coaches do make an impact on the atmosphere and how important winning is, which is what JK has done in ALL places. However, with the new administration, NOT GOOD AT ALL, I wouldn't touch that job with a 100-foot pole. But something in me would love to see JK tell the MA jokesters to kiss off and ride out away from that toxic situation. And again, for a kid/grown man (not sure what this BUZZCOACH person really is) to throw out another person's business and say "I'm good friends with a booster and JK applied" is so stupid, immature, and flat-out CLASSLESS. If I were JK, and I'm not nor does he care what I would have to say, I would get the heck out of that crazy place no matter what my record is/was. Kids like BUZZCOACH make it difficult to like a place with the toxic, hot air that comes from his immature mouth. I only wish he would take my advice...take a phone/recorder, hit record, talk his sh*t and please, please record...

At one time, not many years ago, South Iredell would have been a great place to go. Coach Adkins got South going in the right direction and Coach Miller added his flavor to the program. It goes shows you that coaches do make an impact on the atmosphere and how important winning is, which is what JK has done in ALL places. However, with the new administration, NOT GOOD AT ALL, I wouldn't touch that job with a 100-foot pole. But something in me would love to see JK tell the MA jokesters to kiss off and ride out away from that toxic situation. And again, for a kid/grown man (not sure what this BUZZCOACH person really is) to throw out another person's business and say "I'm good friends with a booster and JK applied" is so stupid, immature, and flat-out CLASSLESS. If I were JK, and I'm not nor does he care what I would have to say, I would get the heck out of that crazy place no matter what my record is/was. Kids like BUZZCOACH make it difficult to like a place with the toxic, hot air that comes from his immature mouth. I only wish he would take my advice...take a phone/recorder, hit record, talk his sh*t and please, please record...
All the MA posters here are grown men, not kids.

Why are y'all getting so worked up SMH??? Y'all grown ass men that's evidently taking what is said on here to serious. Im Just giving my opinion.....doesn't mean I am right? It's not an attack on anyone as a person just my opinion to the kind of coach they are. Relax guys it's just a little message board that is full of people's opinions. Just too 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Actually Lowman did. Idiot. Atkins did not. What booster do you know.
Wasn't even talking to you. I really don't know what your problem is. Not even going to get into name calling on a message board. My information comes straight from the source.

• Haha
Why are y'all getting so worked up SMH??? Y'all grown ass men that's evidently taking what is said on here to serious. Im Just giving my opinion.....doesn't mean I am right? It's not an attack on anyone as a person just my opinion to the kind of coach they are. Relax guys it's just a little message board that is full of people's opinions. Just too 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've never had a problem with someone's opinion as they don't mean too much in the scheme of things. I have my own as well and understand they don't mean anything. That has never been an issue. My issue with anyone is when they personally attack someone (coach, kid, etc.) and put personal things (job interest, interviews, firing, removing, etc.) out there. Being a coach is more than wins/losses (or it should be) and should be more about the relationships with the athletes in/out of school. The time commitment alone that any coach gives of his/her time should be respected and held to a higher standard than the normal not gut-punched and saying he/she should leave, get fired, removed, etc. Those are the things I have a problem with. Your opinion matters not, but your personal attacks on ANY coach are classless and should be frowned upon by most.
And before anyone attacks me on my "administration is not good" comment about South Iredell, I mean they have had some changes and some turnover in that department that doesn't bode well when making a move anywhere. Not the administration as I don't know them but hope they stay and get a quality coach in that gets SI back to the standards set forth by Adkins and Miller in recent years.

• Haha

Just for the record Adkins is from the Statesville/Iredell area. His 1st HC job was at South Iredell 2005-2006. He revived their program.

• Haha
Thanks Dopplegar. I knew there was a good reason to admire JK so much, (being an Iredell County person). When he went to South was my first knowledge of him. I have followed all Iredell schools since growing up their, writing sports articles for Record and Landmark while at Mitchell College, calling some middle school basketball games, etc.
Just out of generally being a sports nut, I saw the improvement at South, his work at Patton, then his move to East Wilkes and their astonishing rise.
I believe if supported just a little bit, Mt Airy will continue to get better and better and JK will be acknowledge as the very special Coach that I think he is.

Mt Airy is not a toxic situation. Outside of one individual the biggest complaints were how the team and staff handled themselves in the game against Mitchell. It happens sometimes learn and move on.
Im not alone! Just only one on here there are several of the parents are fed up as well.

Thanks Dopplegar. I knew there was a good reason to admire JK so much, (being an Iredell County person). When he went to South was my first knowledge of him. I have followed all Iredell schools since growing up their, writing sports articles for Record and Landmark while at Mitchell College, calling some middle school basketball games, etc.
Just out of generally being a sports nut, I saw the improvement at South, his work at Patton, then his move to East Wilkes and their astonishing rise.
I believe if supported just a little bit, Mt Airy will continue to get better and better and JK will be acknowledge as the very special Coach that I think he is.
Been 4 years how much more time he need. He has been given everything he has ask for example new weight room etc. He has the administration and staff 💯 support.

I am not surprised - I suppose, they did not meet the standards

Been 4 years how much more time he need. He has been given everything he has ask for example new weight room etc. He has the administration and staff 💯 support.
Again it took Holder 9 years at MA to win the title. To state from facts, only 3 coaches have spent more than 5 years at MA: Shelton, Hollingsworth, and Holder. MA has a standard. So based on history, MA might move on. But Hollingsworth only made it to the state title once in 1969, his first year. but never made it to the title game again, so we'll see what happens. Wallace Shelton won 4 state titles at MA and Kelly Holder obviously won 1 state title at MA.

Again it took Holder 9 years at MA to win the title. To state from facts, only 3 coaches have spent more than 5 years at MA: Shelton, Hollingsworth, and Holder. MA has a standard. So based on history, MA might move on. But Hollingsworth only made it to the state title once in 1969, his first year. but never made it to the title game again, so we'll see what happens. Wallace Shelton won 4 state titles at MA and Kelly Holder obviously won 1 state title at MA.
Hollingsworth won conference in a time you had to win to get in playoffs. MA was 3 A then. He won alot of big playoff games. It was just a different time then.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and realjoejr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT