Forest Hills 35
Ballantyne Ridge 0

Game 3
Porter Ridge 17
North Mecklenburg 10

Game 4
J.M. Robinson 21
Lake Norman 6
What are the good things you saw JM, LN, and PR do? Also what do you think those 3 teams need to do to improve? Curious !

What are the good things you saw JM, LN, and PR do? Also what do you think those 3 teams need to do to improve? Curious !
All three had good QBs but they were all off on their accuracy at times but that seemed to be a problem with all 8 teams at the jamboree but that should improve as a season goes on. The star receiver for JM (4 🌟 Rowe) was getting frustrated because he was wide open several times and the QB wasn't even looking for him. JM also has an impressive and big O-Line and D-Line. Better have big physical players up front to compete with them. LM ran the ball pretty good and the QB had a beautiful deep TD on their first drive to take the lead on JM but after that they struggled some. Still though accuracy issues was an issue but that should improve. They had some size but not near as big as JM. PR was a a big team with a good QB. Not a deep team numbers wise for a 4A school but what they have is very talented. Good size and speed. A couple beautiful option runs that you don't see often these days that led to big gains. Unfortunately they lost a starting lineman early in the scrimmage. I spoke to his mother and she said it was a dislocated elbow. He was taken to the hospital. Overall JM impressed me the most of the three.

Reactions: NCFB73
After seeing the pictures of BR, it makes sense.

How did Oxendine look?
He had his moments and connected with Jer'el on a TD maybe 2 I can't remember. (Getting old) He missed a few short sideline passes and overthrow a couple. He's maybe more mobile than Brady but not as accurate. He rotated on different series with the kid who transferred in from Piedmont. That kid had similiar issues but they both connected for TDs. So not too bad. Both still need work. I wish we'd played one of the other teams there to better guage how good we are. Ballantyne was pretty much all Freshman and Sophmores from what I was told. Basically a JV team. We definitely have size and speed as usual. Good freshman running back got some playing time. Short stocky kid. Looks good for the future. One of our RBs was out with a groin pull and "Big Red" Braxton Grace is still out with his knee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT