ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Bob Steps Down @ Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRedRaider

Aug 2, 2004
superraiders.com
Just saw this morning that Jim Bob Bryant has stepped down at Freedom to take the HC position at North Paulding HS in Dallas, Georgia.

How soon before Joe Glass' phone rings......

My question is who didn't see this coming...ole bob won state championships. Then he goes to Freedom...of all places...Freedom...most people try to go to a program and keep a tradition going. Freedom has no tradition. I called it when he took the job. I knew it wouldn't take long

My question is who didn't see this coming...ole bob won state championships. Then he goes to Freedom...of all places...Freedom...most people try to go to a program and keep a tradition going. Freedom has no tradition. I called it when he took the job. I knew it wouldn't take long

Havelock wasn't exactly lighting it up with championships before Jim Bob got there. He likes building a champion but needs support, which he didn't get at Freedom.

Exactly, Havelock wasn't winning any rings before he got there. NC will continue to lose good coaches to SC and Ga. Football and its' coaches are not valued here like they are elsewhere. I knew he would leave, but thought it would be after 3 years. Guess it was just a great offer down there he couldn't refuse. Freedom parents/ community/ Administration need to let the coach do his thing and leave the man alone. Otherwise, they will continue to have this turnover. I know the principal that hired him was moved to another school not long after he got there. That may have had something to do with this exit.

Havelock wasn't exactly lighting it up with championships before Jim Bob got there. He likes building a champion but needs support, which he didn't get at Freedom.

That is why he left Havelock, did not think he nor his staff were being taken care of properly and saw further drops due to budget changes. Freedom sold him with promises that were not met. Add twenty years in the NC system and a much better paycheck in GA.

That is why he left Havelock, did not think he nor his staff were being taken care of properly and saw further drops due to budget changes. Freedom sold him with promises that were not met. Add twenty years in the NC system and a much better paycheck in GA.

Correct. Him and the new Superintendent of Craven County didn't see eye to eye as well.

Reactions: TheflyontheWall
I dont' think another "Great Coach" is the answer to Freedom's problem. MIke Helms, Blair Hardin, and JBB have all been here over the last 7 years and we've failed to keep any of them! Ask any of those coaches where the problem is.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Correct. Him and the new Superintendent of Craven County didn't see eye to eye as well.

The new superintendent would'nt put up with his crap.

Jim bob needed one more year in NC for retirement benefits. Freedom just allowed him to do that. Hell of a football coach but thats about it.

The new superintendent would'nt put up with his crap.

Jim bob needed one more year in NC for retirement benefits. Freedom just allowed him to do that. Hell of a football coach but thats about it.

With all of his days combined he had 20 when he left Havelock. Did not get the SC job he wanted at that time.

Well I was pretty heated last time we passed on him.... maybe I’m not so heated now lol. Last thing we need is another coach to use us as a stepping stone.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I wonder if Monty Simmons is an option with his wife being the principal at the school

I don't believe that can happen. Alot of the community is wanting Glass.
The community can want him all they want, but if the school passed on him the last time and ruffled his feathers it may not matter.
Glass is a great coach and you would think since he is a Freedom guy if he took the job he'd stay there a bit.

The community can want him all they want, but if the school passed on him the last time and ruffled his feathers it may not matter.
Glass is a great coach and you would think since he is a Freedom guy if he took the job he'd stay there a bit.

Joe will be hard-pressed to leave Robinson..... He's put in the work there. Seeds have began to sprout.

It's a bunch of BS to talk crap about a coach who did so much for your community at Havelock. They were not the gold standard they are today BEFORE Coach JBB got there. 3 State Championships should get you some respect in the community and some payroll benefits. Such as 11 month pay, summer supplements, etc. Nothing other HFC's get in other communities. And they don't have any Rings.

I'll tell you what he did for the community. HE provided those kids at Havelock with camps for skill development on campus, he met with college coaches, sent out film, disciplined them when they didn't get it at home and should have, kept them at school for workouts instead of going to their neighborhood to "hang out", etc. He mowed the game field so they had a good surface to play on. He led 6am workouts to teach them work ethic and discipline. Again, something kids need today but often don't get at home. So, YES HE DID a ton for the community in Havelock for many years. And started building his program the right way at Freedom. But, whatever. Havelock is in good hands now and I'm sure Freedom will be fine too.

1. I actually worked a camp on Havelock campus. And it is parents job to pay to take them to camps for skill development.
2. It is a coaches 1st job to teach class, then develop a good competitive football program, and the last thing is to get kids recruited. High Character, good grades, and then good film gets you recruited. A 5'5" slot WR will not get many looks no matter how good the above things are. An example was we had a parent complaining her son, a 5'5" LB was not getting recruited even though he was our leading tackler and a great HS player. Not gonna happen. Pipe dream parents.
3. Guess I'm wrong. Not too many coaches I know would have the guts to cut the best LB in the state or the best QB at the time when they think they are above the TEAM.
4. 6am workouts helps kids learn responsibility and discipline. They were there for them so must have had some impact.
5. Yep
And I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT